08-07-2017 10:49 PM
1,625 ... 23456 ...
tools
    camera ics runs and takes pictures, logs some errors about missing google url's and requests a buttload of nasty permissions while installing.
    but I am running a newer test build which may or may not have a full regression to androidarmv6 device_lge_msm7x27-common including the camera.
    02-16-2014 04:45 PM
    camera ics runs and takes pictures, logs some errors about missing google url's and requests a buttload of nasty permissions while installing.
    but I am running a newer test build which may or may not have a full regression to androidarmv6 device_lge_msm7x27-common including the camera.
    Nasty permissions? Google URLs? Neither should be necessary for a camera... lol do you think photos are monitored in some way? That would be creepy.
    02-16-2014 04:52 PM
    It is the app, stock camera doesn't.
    02-16-2014 05:26 PM
    It is the app, stock camera doesn't.
    I know but every camera app I don't think so... I tried like 7 different ones. 5 of which specifically said they support KitKat in recent updates.

Camera KK being an exception... well duh it would work. It has to be the connection between the ROM and the app, can't blame it all on the apps lol.
    02-16-2014 07:07 PM
    I know but every camera app I don't think so... I tried like 7 different ones. 5 of which specifically said they support KitKat in recent updates.

Camera KK being an exception... well duh it would work. It has to be the connection between the ROM and the app, can't blame it all on the apps lol.
    except the one of them I tried worked ok. it's just full of adware is all.
    maybe a bad flash even though it looks like it worked.
    02-16-2014 08:11 PM
    except the one of them I tried worked ok. it's just full of adware is all.
    maybe a bad flash even though it looks like it worked.
    Eh. No worries it also does this on other ROMs that go past GB so might be my perfectionism lol.
    02-16-2014 11:07 PM
    Eh. No worries it also does this on other ROMs that go past GB so might be my perfectionism lol.
    might be conflicts between new source code and obsolete hardware interfaces, too.

new 2/17 build up, feels smoother. cm and androidarmv6 updates, many, i don't know exactly what all.
    dingermtb likes this.
    02-17-2014 06:17 AM
    might be conflicts between new source code and obsolete hardware interfaces, too.

new 2/17 build up, feels smoother. cm and androidarmv6 updates, many, i don't know exactly what all.
    Great I'll speed test it against the original build I have later on. I would deeply love this to be my daily.
    02-17-2014 08:04 AM

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the bug I had in the old build: pictures from camera are forced portrait mode...is this fixed yet? Eh, no need to answer, I'm fixing to install anyway.
    02-17-2014 09:57 AM
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention the bug I had in the old build: pictures from camera are forced portrait mode...is this fixed yet? Eh, no need to answer, I'm fixing to install anyway.
    the accelerometer may have locked up in the older builds.
    I'm reuploading the 20140217 build, the last one had to be dirty flashed to work for some reason. I didn't realize until I clean-flashed it, which I forget to do sometimes.
    02-17-2014 10:11 AM
    I'm reuploading the 20140217 build, the last one had to be dirty flashed to work for some reason. I didn't realize until I clean-flashed it, which I forget to do sometimes.
    Crap. And I was in the middle of installing. Eh, thankfully, I backup everything like hell. Nandroid on SD, then SD on computer :P

Redownloading.
    02-17-2014 10:19 AM
    I don't see it yet. I see 0216 but not a 0217...
    02-17-2014 10:22 AM
    I don't see it yet. I see 0216 but not a 0217...
    I get decent download speeds but lousy upload speeds. it takes a few minutes
    if you want to test the one you downloaded already, flash it over your backup and wipe cache/dalvik cache.
    02-17-2014 10:30 AM
    I get decent download speeds but lousy upload speeds. it takes a few minutes
    if you want to test the one you downloaded already, flash it over your backup and wipe cache/dalvik cache.
    Oh I'll wait :P I don't like dirty flashing lol and yeah I know what you mean, however I have crap DL speed too. 325kb/s average download and I really don't know about upload...
    02-17-2014 10:37 AM
    I vote that you should give a special name to this ROM. Something brandable, like SquiddyKat or something... Yes you can use my idea, but I would love credit lol
    02-17-2014 10:42 AM
    ugh, upload crashed at 103%. WTF? how is there 103% of a file?
    doing it again.
    I liked Key Lime Pie a lot better than KitKat.
    SimplePurple likes this.
    02-17-2014 10:58 AM
    ugh, upload crashed at 103%. WTF? how is there 103% of a file?
    doing it again.
    I liked Key Lime Pie a lot better than KitKat.
    HAHA so good it kept uploading. Maybe your browser's drunk? Hmm... How can I fuse squid with key lime pie???

Bwahah. Got it. KeyLimeSquid aka KLS. Off-topic, do you 4chan at all?
    02-17-2014 11:18 AM
    You say it crashed but its showing in the folder... last modified 10:07, do I trust it?
    02-17-2014 11:43 AM
    HAHA so good it kept uploading. Maybe your browser's drunk? Hmm... How can I fuse squid with key lime pie???

Bwahah. Got it. KeyLimeSquid aka KLS. Off-topic, do you 4chan at all?
    reuploaded it after it crashed.
    it should be ok.
    I was thinking more like Kit Kat Crusted Key Lime Squid Pie. But I may not name it at all, like the kernel.
    //edit: off-topic: I don't do any of the chat stuff. no Facebook even. No G+ account. No IRC client. Don't really have time or inclination. The development sections here and xda are about as talky as I get.
    02-17-2014 11:48 AM
    reuploaded it after it crashed.
    it should be ok.
    I was thinking more like Kit Kat Crusted Key Lime Squid Pie. But I may not name it at all, like the kernel.
    //edit: off-topic: I don't do any of the chat stuff. no Facebook even. No G+ account. No IRC client. Don't really have time or inclination. The development sections here and xda are about as talky as I get.
    Things I notice with 02/17:
    -Search bar widget disappeared.
    -ROM does feel smoother. I wouldn't say as quick as MiRaGe but still way smooth.
    -When you press the menu key on home screen, usually you can't press menu again to exit, now you can.. (I prefer this)
    -When you press the menu key on home screen, usually pressing Settings would take you to Launcher settings, now it takes you to device settings (I prefer this).
    -Camera now doesn't stick in Portrait Mode. Yay
    -"Airplane Mode is OFF" on the power button menu now updates when you update Airplane Mode (it didn't before, just said OFF all the time).
    -By default, connects to PC as MTP. Usually, I would go to the status bar to change to Mass Storage, but instead I had to go to Settings - Storage - (menu) USB Connection, then the status bar decided to update...
    -Trebuchet settings added to Settings - "Home"
    -"Kill App Back Button" in Developer Settings now actually works, need to hold back button for 1.5 to 2 seconds.

Uh oh. Can't continue, it wouldn't let me add a Google Account, can't communicate with the Google servers no matter what I do.
    Melvin Jefferson likes this.
    02-17-2014 12:49 PM
    Uh oh. Can't continue, it wouldn't let me add a Google Account, can't communicate with the Google servers no matter what I do.
    mine is ok. did you reboot once before installing gapps, and wipe cache/dalvik before rebooting again?
    02-17-2014 01:02 PM
    mine is ok. did you reboot once before installing gapps, and wipe cache/dalvik before rebooting again?
    Hmm. I wiped everything, installed ROM, booted up, rebooted recovery, installed gapps.

Didn't know I needed to wipe cache and dalvik a second time???

....Trying to dirty flash gapps again, after wiping cache/dalvik a second time.
    02-17-2014 01:08 PM
    dunno if it's required but I do it sometimes. it usually rebuilds the dalek-cache on boot anyway. maybe reflash the gapps.
    02-17-2014 01:10 PM
    I'm gonna give the new update a try
    02-17-2014 01:18 PM
    dunno if it's required but I do it sometimes. it usually rebuilds the dalek-cache on boot anyway. maybe reflash the gapps.
    Same problem. Gonna start over from scratch.
    02-17-2014 01:18 PM
1,625 ... 23456 ...