[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

but, on the interesting side...
there's now a p500 cm11 using os2sd, which is cool.

And on top of that, the developer also tricked out TWRP for it so that it can flash internal ROMs as well as external ROMs. Now that's just plain sick in terms of awesome levels. One recovery for all ROM flashing needs? Wow!!

MechaFenix

May 26, 2012
Visit site

Just downloaded and flashed the os2sd rom the other day. I love it. It is smooth, fast, and relatively stable. Thanks for all the hard work.

This is my experience with it so far. At the first boot, it takes a while for things to settle down. No problem; When they do settle it works great. However, when I try to log into google over wifi, it crashes and once it reboots wifi refuses to turn on from that point forward. I am still reading through the posts to fix this. Still, I like it better than quattramus and the pacrom I was using. All good roms.

To finish, thank you BigSuperSquid for all the hard work. I appreciate you and everyone working to keep the V alive.

Last edited:

bunanson

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

//Downloaded: CWM_6.0.4.6-thunderc-skinbark.zip
//Downloaded: cm-11-20140203-UNOFFICIAL-thunderc.zip
//Downloaded: Skinny_4.4_Gapps.zip

//Reboot into recovery [Z.T.R.]
//Making nandroid backup
//Making SDCard backup onto computer [while nandroid is on it]
//Deleted contents of SDCard
//Copied the 3 zips to sdcard/KitKat/

//Format: /boot, /cache, /data, /sd-ext, /system

//Wipe: Cache, Dalvik
//Data/Factory Reset

//Flash: CWM Recovery
//Reboot Recovery [CWM-skinbark, 6.0.4.6]
//Format: /system
//Factory reset

//Installing ROM
//Reboot phone, letting load completely
//Reboot into recovery
//Installing gapps
//Reboot phone

//Seems to be extremely smooth and CHARGING....omfg ^_^
//Set up Google account, syncing complete
//Rebooting
//Testing the Play Store....works!

//Attempting to see if Link2SD will work (by the way I have a 1.5gb ext4 partition)
//Mount script created, rebooting
//Link2SD works just fine, but I'm more intrigued to give Cronmod's INT2EXT+ a try.
//Uninstalled Link2SD
//Re-calibrating battery, I noticed the battery was going down a lot faster than I'm comfortable with.

//Downloaded: Dalvik/INT2EXT script wipe tool, just to be safe.
//Downloaded: Cronmod's INT2EXT+
//Reboot into recovery
//Flashed Dalvik/INT2EXT script wipe tool
//Flashed Cronmod's INT2EXT+
//Reboot
//Checking Settings: Storage - Internal now says 1.5gb total and 1.39gb available.

//*dances*

Now time to replace apps, remove bloat and dominate this thing.

I am late to the party, but I want to try this ROM. Several newbie questions, be gentle :)

My system:
VM670ZV5 CWM v4.0.1.5
Kernel version mirage@aurora Apri 26 2013
mem 257 MB/425 MB
Build date Jul 13 2013 MiRaGe

1) Is the above step by step remains valid, or if there is any changes? Do I have to preceed with OS2SD boot.img?
2) After flashing the CWM-skinbark 6.0.4.6, will I still able to restore old backups made with CWM-4.0.1.5? If not, will I be able to flash back to 4.0.1.5 just so that I can use the old backsups?

The developement in the OpV is truly incredible!!! I only wish I can contribute a bit, rather as a pure leach :( . Thank you again for your hard work,

bunanson

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

I am late to the party, but I want to try this ROM. Several newbie questions, be gentle :)

My system:
VM670ZV5 CWM v4.0.1.5
Kernel version mirage@aurora Apri 26 2013
mem 257 MB/425 MB
Build date Jul 13 2013 MiRaGe

1) Is the above step by step remains valid, or if there is any changes? Do I have to preceed with OS2SD boot.img?
2) After flashing the CWM-skinbark 6.0.4.6, will I still able to restore old backups made with CWM-4.0.1.5? If not, will I be able to flash back to 4.0.1.5 just so that I can use the old backsups?
follow the current steps in the OPs. Make a backup before and after flashing the new twrp recovery. your old one can be restored right from the backup in twrp.
The developement in the OpV is truly incredible!!! I only wish I can contribute a bit, rather as a pure leach :( . Thank you again for your hard work,

bunanson
it is a real workhorse, this old phone.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

And on top of that, the developer also tricked out TWRP for it so that it can flash internal ROMs as well as external ROMs. Now that's just plain sick in terms of awesome levels. One recovery for all ROM flashing needs? Wow!!
he will give me his source for the twrp changes soon.
and to make it more cross-device-adaptable, I'm going to unify my os2sd partition map with his (HardLight) before the next, before too long now, release.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Just downloaded and flashed the os2sd rom the other day. I love it. It is smooth, fast, and relatively stable. Thanks for all the hard work.

This is my experience with it so far. At the first boot, it takes a while for things to settle down. No problem; When they do settle it works great. However, when I try to log into google over wifi, it crashes and once it reboots wifi refuses to turn on from that point forward. I am still reading through the posts to fix this. Still, I like it better than quattramus and the pacrom I was using. All good roms.

To finish, thank you BigSuperSquid for all the hard work. I appreciate you and everyone working to keep the V alive.
your wifi problem sounds unique.
which gapps are you using?

MechaFenix

May 26, 2012
Visit site

your wifi problem sounds unique.
which gapps are you using?

I am using,
Skinny_4.4_Gapps-sd.zip
I suspected that as a cause since it does not precisely match the recommended one, but it said SD in the name so I gave it a try.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I am using,
Skinny_4.4_Gapps-sd.zip
I suspected that as a cause since it does not precisely match the recommended one, but it said SD in the name so I gave it a try.
try to clean reflash with the current gapps. then report back.

MechaFenix

May 26, 2012
Visit site

Wifi is fixed. Thank you. I feel like I may have missed the following step. I am not sure if it affected anything but I am including it just in case. It did reboot suddenly during signing in but it did not mess up the wifi.

mount menu
format system, data and cache

MechaFenix

May 26, 2012
Visit site

Wifi is fixed. Thank you. I feel like I may have missed the following step the first time. I am not sure if it affected anything but I am including it just in case. Including the step I included below this time, it did reboot suddenly during signing in but it did not mess up the wifi.

mount menu
format system, data and cache

Last edited:

bunanson

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+KERNEL][CM-11.0][4.4.2]KitKat for Optimus V

required: big e- Swap[ Snough SD card 4Gb or more advised (class 2 or 4 according to koopakid08 and documented on xda.)
first SD partition VFAT/FAT32
second to fourth EXT4. 2nd can be linux-swap. Partition in recovery.
advise: whatever leftover for VFAT, 256-512MB swap, 512MB-768MB EXT4 for system, 1GB or more EXT4 for data (in that order. Those become /sdcard, /sd-ext or /swap, /system, and /data.)
expand /sdcard and/or /data as preferred if you use a bigger card. more space in /system? dunno why. doubt there's enough armv6 system apps to fill 512Mb.

Please some more details here, the recovery menu does not show any VFAT/FAT32 partition, do I do the VFAT partition 1st and in a PC? How to do partition 2, 3, 4? one step for all, or one at a time? Sorry for the newbie questions :)

I did the internal, succeed on 1st try! Thanks a lot :)

I got a 8G card, on the recovery menu>Advance>SD partition>partition SD card> - EXT Size:512 + , - Swap Size: 512 +, File system: ext4

And how can I make the VFAT/FAT32 as the 1st partition?

The Ext size, is that the total of the 3 ext4 partition, or one at a time and repeat 512, then 512, then 2048? Thanks.

bunanson

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Please some more details here, the recovery menu does not show any VFAT/FAT32 partition, do I do the VFAT partition 1st and in a PC? How to do partition 2, 3, 4? one step for all, or one at a time? Sorry for the newbie questions :)

I did the internal, succeed on 1st try! Thanks a lot :)

I got a 8G card, on the recovery menu>Advance>SD partition>partition SD card> - EXT Size:512 + , - Swap Size: 512 +, File system: ext4

And how can I make the VFAT/FAT32 as the 1st partition?

The Ext size, is that the total of the 3 ext4 partition, or one at a time and repeat 512, then 512, then 2048? Thanks.

bunanson
ok.
the vfat is handled automagically by twrp, it will have all the space left after the other 3 partitions are made.
those go, from the top of the screen down, 512, 512, 2048.

bunanson

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

I have a partition ext3 from previous system on my 8 G SD card, do i need to remove that partition 1st? and how? and do i do 512 partition with 0 swap size, and then 512 partition with 0 swap size and then 2048 with 0 swap size? Thanks,

bunanson

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I have a partition ext3 from previous system on my 8 G SD card, do i need to remove that partition 1st? and how? and do i do 512 partition with 0 swap size, and then 512 partition with 0 swap size and then 2048 with 0 swap size? Thanks,

bunanson

just backup anything you want off the sd card first and set those numbers in twrp.
The first 512 MB is for swap, make sure the toggle switch for ext is set to swap.
then slide that control at the bottom of the screen. it'll take care of all the details of removing/resizing/adding/whatever for you.
TechVendetta set up that formatting menu to make it easy for people to use the os2sd layout. without it, it is a PITA for people who aren't used to something like gparted or maybe minitool.
I modified it to allow selecting between sd-ext and swap. I'm going to get rid of the option in the next release and make it just sd-swap because the sd-ext is silly with a 2GB data partition anyway.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
big-a** internal update

new internal build uploaded.
TLS enabled. /data and /system MTD partitions swapped for more space.

still camera is broken, but videocam works.
accelerometer is like butter. should be no more freeze issues or compass problems.

requires new twrp. again. it's in the recovery folder.

all previous releases are no longer compatible with the recovery, so make a backup before and after flashing the new recovery.
if you get issues you can restore the previous version and its recovery in twrp.

I added a new not-so Skinny_4.4_gapps_new.zip (it works on the OV) which probably won't fit on the Op S. You can use the old internal Skinny_4.4 gapps for the moment.
I'll fix the bulid size later. it's got art bits in it that aren't running yet. They don't break anything but don't work either.
This upload is mostly for your update fix.

OS2SD yet to come.

Not updating the OPs yet.

omgitsMATT

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: big-a** internal update

I've skimmed the thread at least twice and I vaguley remember someone bringing it up, but the phone doesn't have an offline version of charging with this operating system? When I charge it with either my wall charger or the USB cord from my laptop, it'll always want to boot into the phone's rom. There's not fix for that, is there?

I dont' know if it's my imagination or there's something to it, but does the phone seem to charge faster with a wall charger than the USB charger attached to my laptop? Would that be because it always mounts the SD card with the laptop charger and that takes more resources where as the wall charger wouldn't try to mount the SD card (haha) to the outlet in the wall?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

offline charging has always been and probably always will be broken.

there is a kernel mod which charges faster with high power chargers.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I'm pretty excited for future releases with art working. Probably won't update till the still camera and art are semi-fully functioning.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I'm pretty excited for future releases with art working. Probably won't update till the still camera and art are semi-fully functioning.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
looking at their gerrit, aav6 hasn't done much with art. set arch armv6k to get around some build errors but they haven't touched it in a while.
dunno if art will happen anytime soon.

the camera, I'll figure out eventually.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Any idea why it has such a long first boot?
internal takes longer than os2sd, unless you have a slow card.
still, you can watch the logcat go with adb if you want. There are several things that only happen on first boot, and it doesn't show the 'android is upgrading' with a counter as it builds the dalek-cache for the first time, it only shows the counter on later boots if you wipe the dalek-cache.
I don't like the startup time, but the features in kitkat so exceed froyo and gingerbread that I deal with that.
plus it's fun to have on my 'obsolete' phone, which makes me more tolerant of things like long startup time or having to long-press home and kill apps, and/or use fast reboot app, manually every so often.
the last issue might be fixable with oom killer settings, but they got moved into the framework instead of the .props, and have to be changed in the build to mess with. I haven't yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey