[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+KERNEL][CM-11.0][4.4.2]KitKat for Optimus V

Skinny_4.4_gapps-new.zip is missing the update-binary and will not install on the new internal build.
Not sure if it was mentioned or not.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Skinny_4.4_gapps-new.zip is missing the update-binary and will not install on the new internal build.
Not sure if it was mentioned or not.

not mentioned.
I'll look, the one I have on my sdcard works, dunno why the harddrive one is different.

ok, try it again. this one should work.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

not mentioned.
I'll look, the one I have on my sdcard works, dunno why the harddrive one is different.

ok, try it again. this one should work.

Still getting "E: Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/Skinny_4.4_Gapps-new.zip'

I'm using the new TLS enabled TWRP as recommended for the new internal build

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Still getting "E: Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/Skinny_4.4_Gapps-new.zip'

I'm using the new TLS enabled TWRP as recommended for the new internal build
dang, it does.
been using cwm for testing. didn't expect any differences. gotta dig into the twrp issue.

ok, one more time.
twrp required a new update-binary from the tls-enabled ROM for this to work. cwm, did not, must be more forgiving. cwm definitely has a better error log. twrp never gives details.
I'll have to update the carrier fixes too probably. bleh.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Success!
Also, does this new build support linux swap partition to auto link with the /data partition link in Andie's Touchwiz JB slim ROM?
I noticed that the partition info doesn't give the read out for the sd-ext partition.

Update: Both Toucanscrypt and ConMod Int2Ext are not flashing when using the TLS enabled TWRP and new Internal build. It's the same issue as I had with the new Gapps("E: Error executing updater binary in zip"). I'm assuming that any .zip built to work with CWM will not work with TWRP unless there is a work-around, or something that can be done to this version of TWRP to allow CWM zips to be flashed, rather than editing each .zip individually.

Although Crossbreeder Goodbye edition seems to flash just fine.

Update2: For now, an easy work around for those who need one, is to take the update-binary from the new TLS enabled Internal ROM, and over write the preexisting update-binary within the .zip you are trying to flash using TWRP

Last edited:

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

Uh-oh. After a blue-screen-of-not-waking-up happened for the third time in a while, I did a battery pull, went into recovery, and used the Wipecache zip. Once I rebooted, however, I started getting force closes for what seemed like EVERYTHING. Rebooting and letting things get settled for a couple minutes afterward hasn't helped anything, either. How do I go about stopping this nonsense?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Uh-oh. After a blue-screen-of-not-waking-up happened for the third time in a while, I did a battery pull, went into recovery, and used the Wipecache zip. Once I rebooted, however, I started getting force closes for what seemed like EVERYTHING. Rebooting and letting things get settled for a couple minutes afterward hasn't helped anything, either. How do I go about stopping this nonsense?
probably either restore a backup or reflash.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

...nope. Dirty flash ain't work. Still getting a ton of force closing apps. I would hate to have to wipe and start over, my SD card isn't getting along with the Play Store (error 492), which is why I can't update anything. And getting the Link2SD script AND Toycanscrypt working are a royal pain.

Gotta think of something, though; but none of the browsers are working on it.

Sent from my SPH-M830 using AC Forums mobile app

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

...nope. Dirty flash ain't work. Still getting a ton of force closing apps. I would hate to have to wipe and start over, my SD card isn't getting along with the Play Store (error 492), which is why I can't update anything. And getting the Link2SD script AND Toycanscrypt working are a royal pain.

Gotta think of something, though; but none of the browsers are working on it.

backup /data/app to a pc or a sdcard folder, if you wipe /data and put /data/app back, it'll rebuild decently on boot, but you'll lose your settings.
it is the closest to a clean flash with all your apps you can get.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

also, shinkenred, if you're up for testing a theory, you can partition you little 2GB card with a 1GB fat and 1/384/768 for p2,p3,p4 and still use os2sd.

my theory is that your nand is so horrid that the stock sdcard would run better in your phone than the internal memory.

the repartition should clear any filesystem errors you've got currently on the card, too. just backup your vfat partition first.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

The card I have is a 16GB card, class 2. Just a lot of stuff on it. Not sure when the errors started, but it's been awhile.

Definitely gonna look into that first option, though.

Update: Then again...I can't seem to even FIND /data/app anywhere. None of the /data folders I have even lead into it. Can't check with Root Browser or Root Explorer, both are among the apps that crash.

Also, to combat the dictionary not doing anything on its own, just download the English Completion Dictionary for Hackers Keyboard. Does the job nicely.

Last edited:

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

Update: Both Toucanscrypt and ConMod Int2Ext are not flashing when using the TLS enabled TWRP and new Internal build.

Wow, really? That's strange. Toucanscrypt flashed just fine for me with the previous TWRP. (I haven't downloaded the new one or the new internal build yet)

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

This happened to me a few months back right before my 32gb sdcard mounted itself as RO with no way of fixing it, rendering it useless. Luckily it still reads(just cant write/copy-to/or delete files), so i waa able to back everything up onto my pc.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Wow, really? That's strange. Toucanscrypt flashed just fine for me with the previous TWRP. (I haven't downloaded the new one or the new internal build yet)

Yea, its specific to the new TWRP update from what I've read from a few google searches. The update-binary just needs to be updated in the zip in order to flash. But that didnt work with ConMod int2extv2.

Toucanscrypt(with unlimited flashed over) flashes(after swapping out the update-binary), but didnt help too much with memory space, just mirroed the /data onto /cache with the new internal build. Mounts2sd app works fine with this build though.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

This happened to me a few months back right before my 32gb sdcard mounted itself as RO with no way of fixing it, rendering it useless. Luckily it still reads(just cant write/copy-to/or delete files), so i waa able to back everything up onto my pc.

Ouch. My 16GB card can still be written to...just not by Play Store. And these apps crashing are just random: Facebook, ColorNote, Gmail, YouTube, Chrome, QuickOffice, Juice Defender, like wow, really?

Process android.process.media is what happens when Downloads goes poof, and there's process com.Google.gapps, but why is it Google Calendar & Play Store still work?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

the new internal build gives you much more /system space.

but you'll have to patch update-binary here and there like nitestalker says. I haven't gotten around to it yet.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Ouch. My 16GB card can still be written to...just not by Play Store. And these apps crashing are just random: Facebook, ColorNote, Gmail, YouTube, Chrome, QuickOffice, Juice Defender, like wow, really?

Process android.process.media is what happens when Downloads goes poof, and there's process com.Google.gapps, but why is it Google Calendar & Play Store still work?

Almost sounds like 1 to many dirty flashes to me, or nearing the capacity for app storage space(or overloading the ram) causing most apps to crash upon startup.
My last ditch recommendation is to nand backup everything you can, do a clean install, and get a nand browser for backup data, copy what you need frok the nand to the sdcard and manually restore little by little. Its a long and painful process, but it helps to restore what you want, and not unintentionally restore what could be causing the issue.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

the new internal build gives you much more /system space.

but you'll have to patch update-binary here and there like nitestalker says. I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Wow. No biggie, I'll wait until you do.

Just checked to see if TB still works (it does), and found even more madness: no clue how this happened, but it seems that a lot of my apps got wiped out. Including Link2SD...meaning everything is probably all screwed up. Here's a list of what got wiped out: Journey to Kreisia, Alphadia Genesis, Angry Birds Star Wars 1&2, aSnes Free, Bejeweled 2&Blitz, Dark Summoner, End of Aspiration, Angry Birds Epic, Eve of the Genesis, Fantasy Defense, Final Fantasy 5, Fortuna Magus, Infinite Dunamis, Kaizin Rumble, Link2SD, Sexy Ringtone, and q few others (the Galaxy Rush I'm typing from is being bitchy itself).

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Wow. No biggie, I'll wait until you do.

Just checked to see if TB still works (it does), and found even more madness: no clue how this happened, but it seems that a lot of my apps got wiped out. Including Link2SD...meaning everything is probably all screwed up. Here's a list of what got wiped out: Journey to Kreisia, Alphadia Genesis, Angry Birds Star Wars 1&2, aSnes Free, Bejeweled 2&Blitz, Dark Summoner, End of Aspiration, Angry Birds Epic, Eve of the Genesis, Fantasy Defense, Final Fantasy 5, Fortuna Magus, Infinite Dunamis, Kaizin Rumble, Link2SD, Sexy Ringtone, and q few others (the Galaxy Rush I'm typing from is being bitchy itself).

Thats one thing i dislike about linking apps(no matter the method), cause once that link breaks for whatever reason, you'll have partial files of apps trying to run while missing some components, causing what you experienced with all the force closinging.
Not to mention that its a PITA to deal with.
At this point it would he best to start with a fresh install and salvage what you can.

I've experienced what you did many times, each with a different cause, and different "2sd-ext" methods, including both link2sd/mounts2sd apps, and a couple 2sd scripts.
Somewhere down the road after prolonged use of a 2sd-ext, the scripts either get corrupt, or deleted and the ext formats itself under heavy use and abuse. Although this may not happen all the time(or happen at all), for everyone, but it does tend to happen to the more "fragile" lower-end sdcards. It goes to show that partioning/over-using these cards takes its toll, some more than others.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Thats one thing i dislike about linking apps(no matter the method), cause once that link breaks for whatever reason, you'll have partial files of apps trying to run while missing some components, causing what you experienced with all the force closinging.
Not to mention that its a PITA to deal with.
At this point it would he best to start with a fresh install and salvage what you can.

I've experienced what you did many times, each with a different cause, and different "2sd-ext" methods, including both link2sd/mounts2sd apps, and a couple 2sd scripts.
Somewhere down the road after prolonged use of a 2sd-ext, the scripts either get corrupt, or deleted and the ext formats itself under heavy use and abuse. Although this may not happen all the time(or happen at all), for everyone, but it does tend to happen to the more "fragile" lower-end sdcards. It goes to show that partioning/over-using these cards takes its toll, some more than others.

it's issues like this, plus the extra installing and weird backing up, that made me come up with the os2sd in the first place.
the card failures make me want to add another os2sd mod which looks for a card install and if not present boots from internal instead.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish