08-07-2017 10:49 PM
1,625 ... 5253545556 ...
tools
    dang, fresh vending and gms in /data/app.
    hafta update the pa_facilitator again, it's like pa_gapps_pico with some extra armv7 swatting added.
    10-27-2014 06:02 PM
    ...what the deuce!? Well, this is just plain odd.
    1. The 10/18 version would install just fine, but it wouldn't boot at all. After the LG logo, the screen would just go "dark" (it isn't black...more like blue) and do nothing. No CM11 boot screen or anything.
    2. The 10/25 version won't even install. I get the following:
    " set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
    E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/000root/cm-11-20141025-EXPERIMENTAL-ext4_os2sd_bigsuperROM-thunderc.zip'
    Error flashing zip '/sdcard/000root/cm-11-20141025-EXPERIMENTAL-ext4_os2sd_bigsuperROM-thunderc.zip' "

Now, the updater binary shouldn't be an issue for TWRP v2.8.0.0, right? But what gives with the set_metadata_recursive thing? Guess it's back to the 09/06 version for the time being...

...damn!! Spoke too soon, now even the 09/06 version is behaving the same way as the 10/18...it installs perfectly, but it won't boot!!
    10-27-2014 07:25 PM
    ...what the deuce!? Well, this is just plain odd.
    1. The 10/18 version would install just fine, but it wouldn't boot at all. After the LG logo, the screen would just go "dark" (it isn't black...more like blue) and do nothing. No CM11 boot screen or anything.
    2. The 10/25 version won't even install. I get the following:
    " set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
    E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/000root/cm-11-20141025-EXPERIMENTAL-ext4_os2sd_bigsuperROM-thunderc.zip'
    Error flashing zip '/sdcard/000root/cm-11-20141025-EXPERIMENTAL-ext4_os2sd_bigsuperROM-thunderc.zip' "

Now, the updater binary shouldn't be an issue for TWRP v2.8.0.0, right? But what gives with the set_metadata_recursive thing? Guess it's back to the 09/06 version for the time being...

...damn!! Spoke too soon, now even the 09/06 version is behaving the same way as the 10/18...it installs perfectly, but it won't boot!!
    did you format your system and data as ext4? the f2fs is broken.
    Shinkenred likes this.
    10-27-2014 08:14 PM
    did you format your system and data as ext4? the f2fs is broken.
    So that's it...gotta go back to ext4. Okay. Gonna do that, then.
    10-27-2014 08:35 PM
    I get to the set-up screen, press "start" and then it says "Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped." What should I do?

I can't mount /data and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I use EaseUS to partition and it doesn't have an option for ext4. Would "Swap Size:" in TWRP Partitioning make a ext 4?
    10-27-2014 09:43 PM
    I get to the set-up screen, press "start" and then it says "Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped." What should I do?

I can't mount /data and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
    There shouldn't be a setup wizard.
    flash the newest pa_facilitator to get rid of it.
    10-27-2014 10:59 PM
    There shouldn't be a setup wizard.
    flash the newest pa_facilitator to get rid of it.
    Thanks again!

I can't add my google account. I keep getting "There was a problem communicating with Google servers." What am I doing wrong?

Also, can the camera no longer auto focus?
    10-27-2014 11:33 PM
    Thanks again!

I can't add my google account. I keep getting "There was a problem communicating with Google servers." What am I doing wrong?

Try connecting to a wifi ap. Maybe you're data signal strength is too low.

You can configure the focus settings in the camera app. I myself don't use and removed the stock camera/gallery in the ROM so I cannot confirm if auto-focus is functional. I prefer "HOLO camera/gallery+" more than stock, it has more features/customization and produces better quality photos.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    10-28-2014 04:07 AM
    Thanks again!

what Gapps did you use? make sure and only use either official pa_gapps from the thread linked in the OP, or just the pa_facilitator, which is the bloated current version of the most basic gapps... gmscore, services framework, backup transport, partner setup, vending, bookmark and calendar sync plus permissions.
    other gapps may do funny things. my package is based on pa_gapps, as it's the most current and best constructed I've found, and it may not work with others. they will most likely all have armv7 files unless you get them from another armv6 device.

the autofocus is broken. dunno why. it focuses but there's an error trying to take the shot. it's disabled because it'll just freeze the camera.
    10-28-2014 07:04 AM
    well, eventually, got dashplayer in. QCMediaPlayer still gripes about something missing but can't tell what.
    the cool thing is that dashplayer, with the proprietary OMX stuff tossed in, now streams mp4s through gallery's video player.
    I'll keep testing/tweaking and eventually release a version with this.
    10-28-2014 08:34 AM
    what Gapps did you use? make sure and only use either official pa_gapps from the thread linked in the OP, or just the pa_facilitator, which is the bloated current version of the most basic gapps... gmscore, services framework, backup transport, partner setup, vending, bookmark and calendar sync plus permissions.
    other gapps may do funny things. my package is based on pa_gapps, as it's the most current and best constructed I've found, and it may not work with others. they will most likely all have armv7 files unless you get them from another armv6 device.

the autofocus is broken. dunno why. it focuses but there's an error trying to take the shot. it's disabled because it'll just freeze the camera.
    I flashed "Skinny_4.4_Gapps_new_internal" and then "pa_facilatator". Should I be using "pa_facilitator.zip.md5sum" and "Skinny_4.4_Gapps_new_internal.zip.md5sum"?

Will the "HOLO camera/gallery+" have auto focus or does disabling auto focus mean it won't work on any apps period?
    10-28-2014 09:34 AM
    I flashed "Skinny_4.4_Gapps_new_internal" and then "pa_facilatator". Should I be using "pa_facilitator.zip.md5sum" and "Skinny_4.4_Gapps_new_internal.zip.md5sum"?

Will the "HOLO camera/gallery+" have auto focus or does disabling auto focus mean it won't work on any apps period?
    the skinny gapps aren't up to date anymore. You could just use the pa_facilitator alone.
    In the last week google pushed new vending and gms core to my phone, so I need to update the facilitator yet again. It'll work as base gapps until I update it though. You'll just get a download of the new ones to /data/app

and I think autofocus is completely disabled. I didn't turn it off in the app, it's shut down in libcamera.
    Shinkenred likes this.
    10-28-2014 10:25 AM
    Hmm. That sucks. Okay, so I should get the pa_gapps to replace the skinny gapps for use with the 10/25. Gonna have to try that...here's hoping it helps, because even after having switched data & system back to ext4, the ROM still won't boot at all. :/

UPDATE 1459: ...wutdafuq!? So...following the flashing directions precisely (ROM>Sprint Fix>pa_gapps>pa_facilitator), the installation went fine...but once again, it won't boot!! After the LG screen, it goes into the blue/black screen and just sits there...it's been that way for nearly 15min...
    10-28-2014 01:18 PM
    Hmm. That sucks. Okay, so I should get the pa_gapps to replace the skinny gapps for use with the 10/25. Gonna have to try that...here's hoping it helps, because even after having switched data & system back to ext4, the ROM still won't boot at all. :/

UPDATE 1459: ...wutdafuq!? So...following the flashing directions precisely (ROM>Sprint Fix>pa_gapps>pa_facilitator), the installation went fine...but once again, it won't boot!! After the LG screen, it goes into the blue/black screen and just sits there...it's been that way for nearly 15min...
    hmm.
    let me look at the updater-script and make sure it's flashing the boot.img
    Shinkenred likes this.
    10-28-2014 03:33 PM
    odd, that all looks fine. I wonder why it's gone so wonky lately.

If adb works, a logcat would be nice.
    10-28-2014 03:47 PM

Try repartitioning from scratch and make sure you are using the 2.8 twrp.
    10-28-2014 04:06 PM

HOLO camera+ uses auto exposure, which acts kinda like auto focus. It also has a lot of software tweaks built in that you can adjust to your liking. Nothing seems blurred or out of focus for my usage.

@Squid, I still use one of the non internal skinny gapps and haven't had any issues related to it. I just wipe all partitions clean and reformat to the correct partition format, flash ROM, skinny Gapps, performance mod, and I'm usually good to go.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    bigsupersquid likes this.
    10-28-2014 04:08 PM
    Try repartitioning from scratch and make sure you are using the 2.8 twrp.
    It *is* the 2.8 one. That's the only one I have.

As for repartitioning from scratch...hmmm...that's a bit extreme. If I have to do that, I may as well try it with this 16GB class 4 that my ex gave me which was in her (barely functional) L70/Exceed 2.
    10-28-2014 04:14 PM
    It *is* the 2.8 one. That's the only one I have.

As for repartitioning from scratch...hmmm...that's a bit extreme. If I have to do that, I may as well try it with this 16GB class 4 that my ex gave me which was in her (barely functional) L70/Exceed 2.
    a class 4 is actually supposed to work well because of the read speeds.

I updated the pa_facilitator, or use the gapps the way nitestalkr sez.
    10-28-2014 04:26 PM
    wow, odexing the rom makes it first boot a lot faster. like 3x as fast.
    takes 250MB instead of 200 in /system to do it, though. good thing it's os2sd.
    nitestalkr and Shinkenred like this.
    10-28-2014 04:33 PM
    ugh, revised pa_facilitator breaks vending. gimme a few to fix it up.
    Shinkenred likes this.
    10-28-2014 04:55 PM
    I've tried loading various different gapps from the OP download link and just loading the pa_facilitator without gapps but I still can't login to a google account.

Do I wait for the new pa_facilitator that you are working on?
    10-28-2014 08:27 PM
    Meanwhile, I can't get that other memory card into a decent device...that stupid Exceed 2 won't boot into recovery.
    10-28-2014 08:35 PM
    I've tried loading various different gapps from the OP download link and just loading the pa_facilitator without gapps but I still can't login to a google account.

Do I wait for the new pa_facilitator that you are working on?
    can't get vending working this moment, so I'd advise the skinny-gapps-new, but not the internal version, no facilitator or other gapps..
    10-28-2014 09:26 PM
    After many tries, the skinny-gapps-new worked!

It's noticeably slower than when it wasn't working. Should I flash the PurePerformances Mod too?
    10-28-2014 11:56 PM
1,625 ... 5253545556 ...