08-07-2017 10:49 PM
1,625 ... 5556575859 ...
tools
    Squiddie, can you please put play store 5.0.38 in the facilitator? If you need the apk, open Google play, press settings, then build number. It should then tell you that it will download in the background. If that doesn't work, let me know, and I will post a link.

By the way, can you please put trebuchet in the ROM instead of Launcher3?
    11-10-2014 04:25 PM
    Squiddie, can you please put play store 5.0.38 in the facilitator? If you need the apk, open Google play, press settings, then build number. It should then tell you that it will download in the background. If that doesn't work, let me know, and I will post a link.

By the way, can you please put trebuchet in the ROM instead of Launcher3?
    mine's got 5.0.37 and it claims it's up to date. Gotta link it.
    You should be able to pull Trebuchet from the previous build, or a few earlier, I forget when I found launcher3 (which I put in there cause I like it a little better. I'd have it build both but they conflict with each other and throw build errors.)
    11-10-2014 04:59 PM
    Okay, so I tried ROM>boottest>11/04 gapps. It works, but not without a bit of oddity: I used TB to get rid of certain safe-to-ditch system apps...only for them to mysteriously come right back upon reboot.

Also had to bump it down from my now-usual 480/729 to 480/600 because it would randomly reboot itself for no reason. A lot. (Never seen that happen with the CPU Max set to 729, this was usually 787 and up!)

Otherwise, it seems to work fine. I'll be more comfortable when a Sprint fix that's nice with the ROM>boottest>gapps combo comes along...still haven't got accustomed to the reversed buttons.

And my Optimus S hardly ever had problems with ICS ROMs...it's JB and up where she doesn't seem to play nice. (Example: BobZhome CM10 seemed fine, but would have wakelock when I listened to music. I thought all that came from the Rocket Player music player app...nope, that happens with the stock music player, too.)
    JB probably got too big for your system partition, there's 3 different sizes with different firmwares and they just got smaller each time. I wasn't sure where the line was cause any issues I've had started with ICS.
    TB may not be accessing the right partition... it might be using the internal one.
    I've had low OC problems for a while, too, and the more recent ROMS seem less stable, slower, and glitchier.
    I'm glad you got it going at least this much, though. I'll look into trying to set something for Sprint fix up that'lll work for you. Maybe a script to run in terminal, where you can check the permissions and stuff are right on build.prop before rebooting.
    Shinkenred likes this.
    11-10-2014 05:03 PM
    I just noticed that the voicemail notification is linked to "*86" instead of my phone number, and trying to change it through the dialer settings do not stick.
    I dont get a lot of calls, much less any voicemails, so i didn't notice this till now. Ha

Sent from my LG-VM670
    bigsupersquid likes this.
    11-11-2014 01:17 AM
    I just noticed that the voicemail notification is linked to "*86" instead of my phone number, and trying to change it through the dialer settings do not stick.
    I dont get a lot of calls, much less any voicemails, so i didn't notice this till now. Ha

Sent from my LG-VM670
    all the overlays are missing again on the last build. duh I say.
    longpress 1 in dialer still works for voicemail.
    I should make a cleaner one, but my local source got reset and haven't brought it back up to speed yet. and I'm using the glitchy thing too. yuk.
    next one maybe ext2 for testing card degradation issues from journaling. hardlight updated stuff for f2fs which I've not tested yet, so I may reintroduce that option as well. but not today.
    lollipop has been SOO distracting. and androidarmv6 forked cm12 too...
    nitestalkr and Shinkenred like this.
    11-11-2014 08:13 AM
    mine's got 5.0.37 and it claims it's up to date. Gotta link it.
    You should be able to pull Trebuchet from the previous build, or a few earlier, I forget when I found launcher3 (which I put in there cause I like it a little better. I'd have it build both but they conflict with each other and throw build errors.)
    Here's the link , Squiddie.

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-...re-5-0-38-apk/
    Shinkenred likes this.
    11-11-2014 02:22 PM
    Here's the link , Squiddie.
    Ok, it's up in the new gapps folder for you. Enjoy!
    11-11-2014 06:18 PM
    Yeah, I actually just used the links on APKMirror to download the most recent apps and just sideloaded them in myself. Play Store 5.0.38, Play Services 6.1.88, Gmail 5.0, and a few others I'm going to try to sideload later...one of them being the new Google Keyboard for Lollipop, since the default KitKat AOSP Keyboard won't go away no matter how much I delete it via TB (it and several others come RIGHT back upon reboot). (UPDATE: Google Keyboard & Google Camera WILL NOT replace the existing AOSP Keyboard & Camera. Why that is, I have no idea. And Google Keyboard simply won't work at all. I haven't been able to get it to do anything.)

Anybody try out that Google Now launcher on their Vs (or Ss, lol) yet? That's one that I got directly off the Play Store, and I haven't tried that yet...(unless it's seriously awesome, I don't really plan to try it...I rather LIKE Holo Launcher HD.)

(I have so totally GOTTA get a bigger memory card...can't believe this puny 16GB one is full already...)

...wait, work's underway on CM12 already!? Wow...

Another question: when did Apollo gain the ability to set music to repeat? It couldn't do it when CM9 was around (and is why I got rid of it every single time)...
    11-13-2014 04:22 PM
    Usually when i want to remove a system app, I either use Lucky Patcher(although the app hasn't been playing well lately) or I simply delete the apk from /system/app or /system/app-priv through TWRP's file browser, or a file browser app on the phone. TB could very well be misreading the system app location as Squid said earlier.

I usually use the outdated Better Keyboard 8 for GB(paid version) as my keyboard cause its highly customizable, and I've yet to find a newer keyboard that has similar functions as it does that I enjoy. For my launcher, I use Nova Prime. The prepackaged launcher irritates me with its menu function lacking an option to launch system settings as all other launchers normally do(by bringing up an actual menu).

As far as I know, Apollo has always had a repeat function since my use of it. Then again, when it was first introduced into CM9 I think I replaced it with an updated version than what was provided.

I can't wait to see if CM12 boots on this OV!! The ZTE Awe community on AF already has it booting already!!

Sadly I'll be picking up a Kyrocera Hydro vibe this black friday from Target for $30. It has a locked bootloader so I wont be able to do much on it but root it. I may be getting the HTC Desire 510 from best buy for $30 on black friday as well, but it being x64 architecture, there's no known way to root it yet. One of my friends might toss me their Samsung Galaxy Ring to toy around with as well, but there's not much of a modding community for it either. Of course I'll still be keeping up with the OV as long as there are still developers for it till it's absolute death of development.

Sent from my LG-VM670
    bigsupersquid and Shinkenred like this.
    11-13-2014 11:18 PM
    Ok, it's up in the new gapps folder for you. Enjoy!
    Can you please put the new Play Services in there as well?

Sorry for bothering, I am just trying to save space on /data
    11-14-2014 09:18 AM
    Usually when i want to remove a system app, I either use Lucky Patcher(although the app hasn't been playing well lately) or I simply delete the apk from /system/app or /system/app-priv through TWRP's file browser, or a file browser app on the phone. TB could very well be misreading the system app location as Squid said earlier.

I usually use the outdated Better Keyboard 8 for GB(paid version) as my keyboard cause its highly customizable, and I've yet to find a newer keyboard that has similar functions as it does that I enjoy. For my launcher, I use Nova Prime. The prepackaged launcher irritates me with its menu function lacking an option to launch system settings as all other launchers normally do(by bringing up an actual menu).

As far as I know, Apollo has always had a repeat function since my use of it. Then again, when it was first introduced into CM9 I think I replaced it with an updated version than what was provided.

I can't wait to see if CM12 boots on this OV!! The ZTE Awe community on AF already has it booting already!!

Sadly I'll be picking up a Kyrocera Hydro vibe this black friday from Target for $30. It has a locked bootloader so I wont be able to do much on it but root it. I may be getting the HTC Desire 510 from best buy for $30 on black friday as well, but it being x64 architecture, there's no known way to root it yet. One of my friends might toss me their Samsung Galaxy Ring to toy around with as well, but there's not much of a modding community for it either. Of course I'll still be keeping up with the OV as long as there are still developers for it till it's absolute death of development.

Sent from my LG-VM670
    MSM8625 on the awe, makes it an aw-ful lot easier with an armv7 to start from.

Can you please put the new Play Services in there as well?

Sorry for bothering, I am just trying to save space on /data
    it is in there, but since I had a version on /data/app I expected to be deleted I didn't notice it's malfunctioned. I'll get it replaced.
    //edit
    replaced, working properly now.
    nitestalkr likes this.
    11-14-2014 11:16 AM
    Haha, that was pretty punny. Yea, the Awe having an ARMv7 board is making it easier for them, but I suspect an ARMv6 device to be booting into lollipop either by the end of this month, or as late as mid December. I've read reports of lollipop behaving a lot more than kit-kat in early development stages, which is good news for us.

Sent from my LG-VM670
    11-14-2014 03:59 PM
    selinux breaks ext2 mounting unless you use busybox.
    had to update kernel config to activate ext2 security.
    That means TWRP needs update too, it'll format ext2 but not mount it.
    working on new release for ext2. May build a separate Sprint version cause the 'fix' is borking Shink's phone and I don't know why...
    nitestalkr likes this.
    11-18-2014 11:41 AM
    Besides what was posted in the first post, is there anything else I can do to avoid clock lag? The widget, notification clock, and system clock are all different when I wake up. Should I try not flashing the gps fix?

Will a third party alarm clock app be able to have the right time? (I just need my alarm clock to work, really.)
    11-19-2014 01:40 AM
    Besides what was posted in the first post, is there anything else I can do to avoid clock lag? The widget, notification clock, and system clock are all different when I wake up. Should I try not flashing the gps fix?

Will a third party alarm clock app be able to have the right time? (I just need my alarm clock to work, really.)
    I've had better luck in airplane mode. Some people have better luck with wifi on.
    keeping the 'screen always on when charging' setting on and plugging it in, in airplane mode, is the best I've been able to find and the alarm is still unreliable. If it goes to sleep, that's when it gets worst.

I know the kernel clock (type date in terminal) is always right... but don't know any app that uses it for time.

gps fix was only for that build, won't change anything in later ones.
    I've been having clock lag for a while again too, whatever was fixed upstream got broken again.
    I'll add a clock app variant to my to-do list.

ext2 is having corruption issues on my card. had to reformat /data after a reboot froze up. Going back to ext4 for next release :/
    11-19-2014 09:05 AM
    Senor Squid - You wouldn't happen to have a cm-12.0 variation of roomservice.xml for the androidarmv6 cm-12.0 branch would you ?
    11-19-2014 05:37 PM
    Senor Squid - You wouldn't happen to have a cm-12.0 variation of roomservice.xml for the androidarmv6 cm-12.0 branch would you ?
    I've been using the vanilla androidarmv6 cm12 with a few LOCAL_ARM_MODE:=arm (usually under include $(CLEAR_VARS) in makefiles calling out the files that fail with assembler errors) patches along the way... had to remove every bit of device/lge/*/sepolicy references... not got a finished thunderc build yet.
    I'll work on that roomservice.
    and, lollipop demands java 1.7. ugh.

got a build to boot on my evo v into adb, but no display, reboot loop. didn't patch enough.
    clwilliams6 likes this.
    11-19-2014 11:21 PM
    So that's how you deal with these guys?!
    {standard input}: Assembler messages:
    {standard input}:2199: Error: selected processor does not support Thumb mode `ldrex r5,[r4]'
    {standard input}:2202: Error: selected processor does not support Thumb mode `strexeq r1,r2,[r4]'

Clues to build by. Thanks! Your info ought to keep me busy for a bit. I'm hoping ART will do good things for the OV.
    11-20-2014 01:09 AM
    So that's how you deal with these guys?!
    {standard input}: Assembler messages:
    {standard input}:2199: Error: selected processor does not support Thumb mode `ldrex r5,[r4]'
    {standard input}:2202: Error: selected processor does not support Thumb mode `strexeq r1,r2,[r4]'

Clues to build by. Thanks! Your info ought to keep me busy for a bit. I'm hoping ART will do good things for the OV.
    I can build and even partly boot art in cm11 with androidarmv6 gerrit patches, and googlesource patches those reference, but it always dies trying to dex2oat the boot jars. then bootloops there. hopefully stuff is fixed better from upstream now.
    you also have to disable the bluetooth and recovery to get it to build right now, unless you want extra fixin' work. in thunderc BoardConfig.mk

TARGET_NO_RECOVERY := true
    BOARD_HAVE_BLUETOOTH := false
    BOARD_HAVE_BLUETOOTH_BCM := false
    ain't cutting it, actually have to remove the external/bluetoooth directory. yuk.

androidarmv6 is trying to use dlmalloc and it lately crashed my build in bionic with jemalloc references.
    I was able to patch the 'missing 32 bit atomic operations' error in jemalloc with an old ppc patch I found... and it built. I changed their #if defined psp flag to ARMV6_JEMALLOC
    and added ARMV6_JEMALLOC:= true
    to the BoardConfig.
    //edit: I shouldn't have left off the link for the ppc changes, took forever to dig them out of my bookmarks.
    http://www.canonware.com/pipermail/j...ch/000136.html
    clwilliams6 likes this.
    11-20-2014 03:12 PM
    Hey again everyone! After something went real wonky on my internal install, I tried using the latest ext4 os2sd build. It's actually working really well for me. Guess my previous os2sd problems were due more to f2fs than to the speed of my SD card.

I do have a question... something I thought was covered in this thread, but I haven't been able to find it. I like to watch a video podcast, and now that I'm on the latest os2sd build, I'm having trouble finding a program that will play it. The files are .mp4, and I've tried BeyondPod, Podcast Addict, MXPlayer, ES File Explorer's media player, and the built-in Gallery. I tried more than one file, and not just from that podcast, so it shouldn't be an issue with the files themselves. The latest internal build played the files fine, IIRC. Is this unique to me -- or has anyone found a program that will play .mp4 files?

Thanks again for the help! (Seriously, this thread rocks!)
    11-22-2014 01:37 PM
    Hey again everyone! After something went real wonky on my internal install, I tried using the latest ext4 os2sd build. It's actually working really well for me. Guess my previous os2sd problems were due more to f2fs than to the speed of my SD card.

I do have a question... something I thought was covered in this thread, but I haven't been able to find it. I like to watch a video podcast, and now that I'm on the latest os2sd build, I'm having trouble finding a program that will play it. The files are .mp4, and I've tried BeyondPod, Podcast Addict, MXPlayer, ES File Explorer's media player, and the built-in Gallery. I tried more than one file, and not just from that podcast, so it shouldn't be an issue with the files themselves. The latest internal build played the files fine, IIRC. Is this unique to me -- or has anyone found a program that will play .mp4 files?

Thanks again for the help! (Seriously, this thread rocks!)
    hm, I was getting more online mp4s to play than before, but it definitely rejects some with the built-in player.
    did you have the armv6-vfp codec pack downloaded for mxplayer? it plays all kinds of things with that.
    or I just built vlc player from source as a 'job', I could upload that. //edit: it's in the tweaks folder if you want to try it.
    jonathan.paden likes this.
    11-23-2014 10:11 AM
    How much work would it be to patch android to use the kernel time?
    11-23-2014 02:44 PM
    How much work would it be to patch android to use the kernel time?
    enough (learning exactly how the system time is set to get rid of that network sync) that I haven't done it yet.
    11-23-2014 04:12 PM
    hm, I was getting more online mp4s to play than before, but it definitely rejects some with the built-in player.
    did you have the armv6-vfp codec pack downloaded for mxplayer? it plays all kinds of things with that.
    or I just built vlc player from source as a 'job', I could upload that. //edit: it's in the tweaks folder if you want to try it.
    I have some kind of armv6 pack installed for mxplayer , but don't recall if it's the vfp. I think I'll try uninstalling and wiping everything I can find relating to mxplayer and install it from scratch. I'll also check out the VLC build. Thanks for building it, I was quite dismayed when the VLC Beta on the Play Store said it was armv7 and up only!
    11-23-2014 04:22 PM
    Well as long as we're asking, are you able to build cm11 yet? I am seeing a failure in checkapi-last, where it's complaining about android.os.recoverySystem.RebootWipeUserData being removed... I believe you were going to abandon the ext2 attempt and return to ext4?
    Are we in flux here - should I wait or should I be able to build?
    Thanks
    11-23-2014 04:39 PM
1,625 ... 5556575859 ...