08-07-2017 10:49 PM
1,625 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I think that has something to do with his crashed upload.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    02-17-2014 04:57 PM
    Could some verify the md5 sum of the latest build? After download, the zip is proper size, but both times I got the same mismatched md5 sum of 491aba52a29c167a91407f75a9c70385
    I should have gotten two different mismatched md5 sums, not two identical.
    Leads me to believe the md5 sum posted might be incorrect?

Posted via Android Central App
    maybe. that upload went whacked multiple times. the md5sum file uploaded with it doesn't match either. sorry... I will fix the md5sum in post 2.
    AndyOpie150 likes this.
    02-17-2014 06:46 PM
    But the thread told me to do a different gapps. Thought that was important. Eh, okay, starting from scratch again.
    oops, thought I removed that. the p500 has more room on /system and can handle the bigger gapps file. it's too big to fit.
    02-17-2014 06:48 PM
    For some reason it's mounting things right before flashing... Things like sd-ext and cache regardless of wiping.

I'll check if unmounting them manually before flashing helps.
    recovery uses cache, and the sdcard directory is mounted anytime you flash a zip file. sd-ext not so much so.
    02-17-2014 09:28 PM
    I'm currently on my usual ROM, but I noticed that with this one I couldn't uninstall system apps like usual... Once I tried with ES File Explorer and it removed the apps from the drawer but it always said "Uninstall unsuccessful".
    Melvin Jefferson likes this.
    02-18-2014 02:58 AM
    I'm currently on my usual ROM, but I noticed that with this one I couldn't uninstall system apps like usual... Once I tried with ES File Explorer and it removed the apps from the drawer but it always said "Uninstall unsuccessful".
    you have to go in and delete the .apk files with a root explorer. uninstall is a security hole and I suspect that's why it's not allowed. 4.4, things like APN editor apps have to go in /system/priv-app for permissions now...
    02-18-2014 06:51 AM
    oops, thought I removed that. the p500 has more room on /system and can handle the bigger gapps file. it's too big to fit.
    Could you quote that link for the p500 to me?
    02-18-2014 09:36 AM
    Could you quote that link for the p500 to me?
    I can... but there is an issue with the gapps themselves instead of the size :/ put em on an os2sd install where they definitely fit but still won't connect to google servers. boo.
    [DEV][ROM][4.4.2][CM11] KITKAT for LG-P500 [WIP][VER-8] - xda-developers
    02-18-2014 09:39 AM
    I can... but there is an issue with the gapps themselves instead of the size :/ put em on an os2sd install where they definitely fit but still won't connect to google servers. boo.
    [DEV][ROM][4.4.2][CM11] KITKAT for LG-P500 [WIP][VER-8] - xda-developers
    So what do you suggest I do?
    02-18-2014 09:55 AM
    So far, my only issue is not being able to use my Xposed Framework modules. I use Xblast and Gravity Box to center status bar clock and change carrier name on lockscreen and notification panel. Xblast kills SystemUI and Gravity Box causes bootloop. Looking around now to try and find another app to change carrier name and center clock that doesn"t use Xposed Framework. Just a minor issue. So far, everything else works great, Awesome job on this ROM! Keep up the great work.

Sent from my ZombieKat 4.4.2-VM670 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
    02-18-2014 10:10 AM
    So what do you suggest I do?
    you'll have to use the skinny gapps. they work fine. I will (maybe) eventually ferret out more armv6 compatible gapps bits and piece them together.

So far, my only issue is not being able to use my Xposed Framework modules. I use Xblast and Gravity Box to center status bar clock and change carrier name on lockscreen and notification panel. Xblast kills SystemUI and Gravity Box causes bootloop. Looking around now to try and find another app to change carrier name and center clock that doesn"t use Xposed Framework. Just a minor issue. So far, everything else works great, Awesome job on this ROM! Keep up the great work.

Sent from my ZombieKat 4.4.2-VM670 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
    doesn't xposed require some source changes?
    02-18-2014 10:52 AM
    I have an OS2SD OV build running nicely right now. CrossBreeder and all. It makes feasible experimenting with stuff like v6supercharger and CrossBreeder without doing it one at a time, removing Broswer to make space, that kind of thing. Not to mention virually unlimited /data space.
    It used about 15% battery downloading 24 apps off of market over wifi.
    I will put up OS2SD variant stuff later, probably in the reserved 3rd post.

there's a lot of tweaks like v6 in the p500 rom linked a couple of posts up if someone wants to pick it apart. AROMA installer and all.
    AndyOpie150 and skinbark like this.
    02-18-2014 10:54 AM
    Which runtime is most preferred with this rom ?

Dalvik, ART or ART (debug)?
    02-18-2014 11:17 AM
    Which runtime is most preferred with this rom ?

Dalvik, ART or ART (debug)?
    I haven't been able to find any examples of anyone getting art to run on armv6. I got a little ways into getting it to compile but really don't have the free time to finish.
    so, the Dalek VM is the only way to go.
    Melvin Jefferson likes this.
    02-18-2014 11:24 AM
    OS2SD build uploading.
    3rd post info.
    02-18-2014 02:27 PM
    >>feels like the biggest noob ever now<< and that's weird I'm usually the supernerd.
    02-18-2014 02:51 PM
    Let me know how it is

02-18-2014 04:00 PM
    Let me know how it is

I won't be trying it - don't exactly know what it is. Also, I'm more focused on getting a KK Theme for CM7.2 MDPI.
    02-18-2014 04:47 PM
    Sorry, the name is a carryover from the Sprint thread, skinbark came up with it.
    OS2SD = OperatingSystem2SD card.
    Everything runs off the card except for the boot.img
    No need for whatever2SD mods. You have as much space as your card can handle for apps, system mods, and even cache for Play.
    so you need a fast card with enough space. Minimum 4Gb, I'd say a class 4 or more for speed.
    Mine runs just as fast off SD as off of internal. I currently have about 40 apps downloaded from Play on my phone right now.

For some reason the accelerometer is breaking after the phone goes to sleep but comes back online after a reboot.
    02-18-2014 07:09 PM
    What is the difference between this and CM7.2 . MDPI?

02-18-2014 08:15 PM
    What is the difference between this and CM7.2 . MDPI?

CM7 is Gingerbread where this is Kitkat. Gingerbread has been worked out pretty stable on the Optimus V/S. Kitkat is experimental/unstable. Fun though, and cutting edge.
    MDPI is dot density of our phone and other medium/low end devices. 160 dots per inch.
    02-18-2014 08:24 PM
    CM7 is Gingerbread where this is Kitkat. Gingerbread has been worked out pretty stable on the Optimus V/S. Kitkat is experimental/unstable. Fun though, and cutting edge.
    MDPI is dot density of our phone and other medium/low end devices. 160 dots per inch.
    Ok thanks

02-18-2014 08:26 PM
    Sorry, the name is a carryover from the Sprint thread, skinbark came up with it.
    OS2SD = OperatingSystem2SD card.
    Everything runs off the card except for the boot.img
    No need for whatever2SD mods. You have as much space as your card can handle for apps, system mods, and even cache for Play.
    so you need a fast card with enough space. Minimum 4Gb, I'd say a class 4 or more for speed.
    Mine runs just as fast off SD as off of internal. I currently have about 40 apps downloaded from Play on my phone right now.

For some reason the accelerometer is breaking after the phone goes to sleep but comes back online after a reboot.
    Wait... So OS2SD would definitely be better than INT2EXT considered I own a class 4 32gb SD card...?

Also, would it work on my CM7.2? I have BobZhome's.
    02-18-2014 09:38 PM
    Wait... So OS2SD would definitely be better than INT2EXT considered I own a class 4 32gb SD card...?

Also, would it work on my CM7.2? I have BobZhome's.
    You'd have to use Multirom on CM7. I ported it quite a while ago. Multiboot/rom on card. Multiboot requires ROMs use same kernel, so no mixing android flavors (except ics/jb/kitkat all run on compatible kernels.)
    I like OS2SD better than linking some of the phone to external.
    I am testing a build that should prevent any 'oops I unmounted the SD card' problems and kind of fixes the eri.xml glitch with carrier name.
    02-18-2014 09:43 PM
    You'd have to use Multirom on CM7. I ported it quite a while ago. Multiboot/rom on card. Multiboot requires ROMs use same kernel, so no mixing android flavors (except ics/jb/kitkat all run on compatible kernels.)
    I like OS2SD better than linking some of the phone to external.
    I am testing a build that should prevent any 'oops I unmounted the SD card' problems and kind of fixes the eri.xml glitch with carrier name.
    Hmm. I'm kinda lost. Simplify what I would have to do?
    02-18-2014 09:52 PM
1,625 ... 45678 ...