08-07-2017 09:49 PM
1,625 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    I finally got around to flashing your rom this afternoon bigsupersquid, been stuck on my last build from back in January. The 2/21 OS2SD version is running fine for me so far. It's great seeing KitKat working so well on the OV. Thanks for your hard work on this.
    your original work and thekraven's various fixes, repo, and suggestions got me where I am now. (Not to mention androidarmv6 and of course cm.) Without everyone's contributions it'd all be much less cool than it is now. TechVendetta made a nice TWRP build too, I'm looking forward to the source.
    skinbark likes this.
    02-23-2014 06:03 PM
    I'm playing around with my ov again but I'm having a hard time finding the gapps link for the os2sd version

Edit:Nvm got it

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    bigsupersquid likes this.
    02-23-2014 08:22 PM
    Got the os2sd version running now. Thanks for your work on this bigsupersquid. Any chance you'd be able to help me with a Verizon/page plus patch? Looking at the one for mirage rom it doesn't look to bad

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    02-24-2014 01:05 AM
    Got the os2sd version running now. Thanks for your work on this bigsupersquid. Any chance you'd be able to help me with a Verizon/page plus patch? Looking at the one for mirage rom it doesn't look to bad

Code:
    ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-verizon
    ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Verizon_Wireless
    ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310004
    gsm.sim.operator.alpha=Verizon_Wireless
    gsm.sim.operator.numeric=310004
    gsm.operator.alpha=Verizon
    gsm.operator.numeric=310004
    in build.prop
    there's changes I don't know without decompilation in Mms.apk,TelephonyProvider.apk, and framework plus the apns. And I don't have the overlays.
    There's a fair chance changing the build.prop and apns-conf will grab service ok but mms/sms may or may not work without building in the overlay xml.

Like zemm's problem, I could probably grab from bobzhome's stuff, but I'm too pinched on time as it is getting behind in school playing with my hobby. And 'not getting enough done' at home, bah. I'd totally dev Android and kernel full-time if I had my druthers. Maybe some day I'll be independently wealthy or make my money freelance programming, then I can.
    thewraith420 likes this.
    02-24-2014 06:41 AM
    I gotta say, the wife gavs me a choice today. I could upgrade my OV, or get a tablet. Due to your ROM and work on the OV, I decided to go the tablet route and keep this little beast. Thanks for all your hard work along with the other devs. You've given me a reason to keep my OV.

Sent from my ZombieKat 4.4.2-VM670 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
    02-24-2014 08:27 AM
    I gotta say, the wife gavs me a choice today. I could upgrade my OV, or get a tablet. Due to your ROM and work on the OV, I decided to go the tablet route and keep this little beast. Thanks for all your hard work along with the other devs. You've given me a reason to keep my OV.

Sent from my ZombieKat 4.4.2-VM670 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
    My inner Scotsman is very pleased that I saved you money, or at least got you a new toy... and that's a very high-end geeky compliment regarding 4-year-old 'obsolete' hardware.
    dingermtb likes this.
    02-24-2014 09:03 AM
    Code:
    ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-verizon
    ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Verizon_Wireless
    ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310004
    gsm.sim.operator.alpha=Verizon_Wireless
    gsm.sim.operator.numeric=310004
    gsm.operator.alpha=Verizon
    gsm.operator.numeric=310004
    in build.prop
    there's changes I don't know without decompilation in Mms.apk,TelephonyProvider.apk, and framework plus the apns. And I don't have the overlays.
    There's a fair chance changing the build.prop and apns-conf will grab service ok but mms/sms may or may not work without building in the overlay xml.

Like zemm's problem, I could probably grab from bobzhome's stuff, but I'm too pinched on time as it is getting behind in school playing with my hobby. And 'not getting enough done' at home, bah. I'd totally dev Android and kernel full-time if I had my druthers. Maybe some day I'll be independently wealthy or make my money freelance programming, then I can.
    Actually the rom works fine without moding on Verizon/Page Plus with the exception of 2 things. No mms and everywhere it should say Verizon it still says virgin mobile. Neither is a deal breaker for me anyway

02-24-2014 11:37 AM
    I'm not sure how much I can support the internal installs.
    My personal preference is the OS2SD, and that's what all my concentration goes into.
    Also I goobered something in the internal part of my repo and since the last uploaded build, any internal builds that I get made are about 15Mb too big for system.
    I'll have to rebase off TheJBC again to fix it and not sure when I'll get to that.
    02-24-2014 11:39 AM
    Actually the rom works fine without moding on Verizon/Page Plus with the exception of 2 things. No mms and everywhere it should say Verizon it still says virgin mobile. Neither is a deal breaker for me anyway

edit your build prop and change those lines... push the apns-conf from the conversion zip to /system/etc, delete /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db and reboot.
    or try this fix.zip which does all that. took like 5 min to make.
    may work without the overlay folders, unless the uaProf url and stuff are actually important. they didn't break mms on the virgin conversion from thekraven's roms and his source doesn't have vm overlays.
    thewraith420 likes this.
    02-24-2014 11:42 AM
    I'll try tonight and see what I get. thanks again. I love these os2sd roms soo much more room all around

02-24-2014 11:48 AM
    I tried the internal ro, and it was impressive, so I switched to OS2SD.

Everything boots fine, but gapps doesn't seem to flash properly... Any tips?
    02-24-2014 02:50 PM
    I tried the internal ro, and it was impressive, so I switched to OS2SD.

Everything boots fine, but gapps doesn't seem to flash properly... Any tips?
    you have to use the sd version of the gapps. TWRP is twitchy at me about flashing anything but fresh ROM zips. Maybe try the philz recovery from skinbark's download folder in the sprint thread. It flashes that zip fine.
    02-24-2014 05:48 PM
    you have to use the sd version of the gapps. TWRP is twitchy at me about flashing anything but fresh ROM zips. Maybe try the philz recovery from skinbark's download folder in the sprint thread. It flashes that zip fine.
    You can't batch the gapps for some reason, have to boot first then reboot recovery and flash gapps. It has to do with the new picky permission system I'm thinking. And woot at the inner scotsman thing, that's my family's lineage right there.
    02-25-2014 04:17 AM
    The fix.zip wouldn't flash from the skinbark-sd recovery. So I did it manually with root Explorer and I'm pretty sure I forgot to set the permissions on the new build.prop anyway it won't boot for now and I'll be reflashing later

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    02-25-2014 11:24 AM
    The fix.zip wouldn't flash from the skinbark-sd recovery. So I did it manually with root Explorer and I'm pretty sure I forgot to set the permissions on the new build.prop anyway it won't boot for now and I'll be reflashing later

well, it was just a shot in the dark anyway. it does at least contain files for it. build prop may or may not be freezing the boot, probably not the apns.
    02-25-2014 11:50 AM
    well, it was just a shot in the dark anyway. it does at least contain files for it. build prop may or may not be freezing the boot, probably not the apns.
    I found that sometimes manually editing the build.prop on Kit-Kat locks up the boot process.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    02-25-2014 12:59 PM
    Deleting unnecessary .apk files allows 20 mb free in the internel without gapps nor crossbreeder. I could remove even more then install them on the sd-ext. Anyways, it works great, this rom is absolutely awesome
    I'm not sure how much I can support the internal installs.
    My personal preference is the OS2SD, and that's what all my concentration goes into.
    Also I goobered something in the internal part of my repo and since the last uploaded build, any internal builds that I get made are about 15Mb too big for system.
    I'll have to rebase off TheJBC again to fix it and not sure when I'll get to that.
    02-25-2014 06:58 PM
    What is a governor to use and clock settings.
    02-25-2014 07:00 PM
    from what I've read, 480 min, max is one setting under the highest that doesn't reboot. Performance governor supposed to be most efficient.
    SimplePurple likes this.
    02-25-2014 07:31 PM
    I would recommend 480/min 787/max with SmartAssV2 for balanced performance and battery life.
    As for i/o scheduler, I recommend SIO.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    SimplePurple likes this.
    02-25-2014 10:02 PM
    Tried this with the sprint fix (opt s). flashed a couple times with system and data mounted. No mms still for me. Also no key swap. Works amazingly well otherwise - data and sms.

File manager cannot read my sd card (i think this is causing camera to force close as well.) Could this be my mms problem too? Is 4.3/4 more picky about sd cards?
    02-27-2014 11:42 AM
    Tried this with the sprint fix (opt s). flashed a couple times with system and data mounted. No mms still for me. Also no key swap. Works amazingly well otherwise - data and sms.

File manager cannot read my sd card (i think this is causing camera to force close as well.) Could this be my mms problem too? Is 4.3/4 more picky about sd cards?
    I keep forgetting to fix the keyswap.
    Seeing the sdcard shouldn't be the problem with mms. I was curious if the proper apns and mcc/mnc (operator code) would get it to work on an S.
    It's not the operating system version picky about the card, it's the built-in configurations probably. How did you format the card (or is it stock?)
    02-27-2014 12:14 PM
    Got it! Mms works now and it says Verizon Wireless in the proper places. I tried again replacing the build.prop and apn.conf. This time I paid closer attention to the permissions and it worked. So now my backup phone is complete. Thanks again! Lol I still find it funny I can't run kitkat on my main phone now but there it is on my old Optimus

02-27-2014 12:16 PM
    Got it! Mms works now and it says Verizon Wireless in the proper places. I tried again replacing the build.prop and apn.conf. This time I paid closer attention to the permissions and it worked. So now my backup phone is complete. Thanks again! Lol I still find it funny I can't run kitkat on my main phone now but there it is on my old Optimus

same files just with permissions? I can repair the installer and add to the OP if you'll test it again. you'd get credit...
    02-27-2014 12:50 PM
    Yep same files and I'd gladly test

02-27-2014 01:05 PM
1,625 ... 7891011 ...