[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

Melvin Jefferson

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2]KitKat for Optimus V

new build uploading.
has the bluetooth fixes, swap enabled, and misc other updates I pulled down including speakerphone fix. good volume on that now.

instead of opening/saving the APN for MMS, it now has a radio button to check under APNs once you get that open. then just press home or whatever.

Thanks Much!

Melvin Jefferson

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

Two quick questions?:

Do we need to format 3 ext4 partitions for this?
And the Skinnygapps wont install so i dont have a play store neither can I login to my Google account how can I fix this?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Two quick questions?:

Do we need to format 3 ext4 partitions for this?
And the Skinnygapps wont install so i dont have a play store neither can I login to my Google account how can I fix this?
only the regular sd-ext.
check the md5sum on the gapps to make sure it downloaded ok. it should work with some room to spare on an OV.

Melvin Jefferson

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

I hate to be a bother but I need a step -by-step list of how to set this up from scratch with the recent updates if no one minds

Im just a n00b at this

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

use skinbark's regular cwm recovery
in recovery:
format /system
factory reset wipe userdata
install rom zip
install skinny gapps zip
reboot system

frogpot

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

i dont put up many post but i have to say thank u for keeping my phone alive i have had it for many years and am always amazed at how fast it gets up to date as old as it is. i would like to ask for some help with a some kernal work tho i would love to add the hid usb into the kernal so i can use my phone as a usb keyboard i know this is crazy sounding but i have my reasons... here is some open source from the nexus 7 if it would help https://github.com/pelya/android-keyboard-gadget

and by the way soft button enabler works like a charm

Last edited:

Melvin Jefferson

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

use skinbark's regular cwm recovery
in recovery:
format /system
factory reset wipe userdata
install rom zip
install skinny gapps zip
reboot system

Ok got it going but for some reason my System mem is extremely low. about 5 MB!
Can anything be done about it?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Ok got it going but for some reason my System mem is extremely low. about 5 MB!
Can anything be done about it?
/system memory isn't used for normal functions. it's where Gapps flashes, and mods like CrossBreeder meant to speed things up.
the main two to watch are /data and /cache. /data will fill as apps are installed, and things like Play use /cache.
they can be extended with stuff like mount2sd but I don't wanna research how to use the 2sd apps/scripts/etc.

Allen Jones1

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site

Great work to everyone involved in the making. One thing, when installing rom+gapps, language may change and not be full english, but if you install rom, reboot and let load, then install gapps, everything is fine. How difficult would it be to make existing roms OS2SD compatible?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Great work to everyone involved in the making. One thing, when installing rom+gapps, language may change and not be full english, but if you install rom, reboot and let load, then install gapps, everything is fine. How difficult would it be to make existing roms OS2SD compatible?
easy cheesy, there's already a fakeflash recovery to install upgrade zips (that don't directly mount the mtd partitions) and format the ext partitions. To use it, boot into the skinkbark recovery and install the fakeflash. Then you're using it, but when you exit it won't be on the device anymore except on the card. Only the original skinbark recovery.
to convert you have to copy /system, /data, and /cache from an installed version over to the ext partitions and patch the boot.img (I uploaded a flashable zip for the boot.img patching already on the sprint forum.)
could probably be done with a script in recovery (I used adb) but techvendetta on the sprint forum is working on a build patch too.

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Downloaded newest version.
Checked md5 sum, they match.
In thekravens latest CWMod recovery, I selected:
wipe data/factory reset-wipe user data
wipe dalvik cache
format boot
format cache
format data
format system
Then I installed the ROM and Gapps zips.
After reboot when I select start I get a pop up that says the setup wizard has stopped. After I select ok I get a blank screen, but with the pulldown that functions (it has battery and 3G icons but no settings icon).
No way to get out of blank screen, or into settings.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Downloaded newest version.
Checked md5 sum, they match.
In thekravens latest CWMod recovery, I selected:
wipe data/factory reset-wipe user data
wipe dalvik cache
format boot
format cache
format data
format system
Then I installed the ROM and Gapps zips.
After reboot when I select start I get a pop up that says the setup wizard has stopped. After I select ok I get a blank screen, but with the pulldown that functions (it has battery and 3G icons but no settings icon).
No way to get out of blank screen, or into settings.
hm. I've been using skinbark's recovery. I had that happen at least once.
try flashing rom, reboot, flash gapps, reboot, sign in.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

OK. Will try his. Got it on the sd card already. Will post results when done.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

If it works I will update the OP.
I am working on mms still but have newer builds (except about 2 week old prebuilt webkit libs dropped in to avoid irritating build errors)
I want mms stable before I upload unless some major changes show up.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Got the same thing with skinbarks recovery.

Posted via Android Central App

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

I'll give it a try. Let you know results when done.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

That did the trick.
I'm now having storage problems though. Can't move apps to SD with App Manager lll. When I tried to install the Android Forum app from the PlayStore I got a storage error as well.
??????

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

That did the trick.
I'm now having storage problems though. Can't move apps to SD with App Manager lll. When I tried to install the Android Forum app from the PlayStore I got a storage error as well.
??????

haven't messed with 2sd stuff, maybe try mounts2sd off market, the code looks excellent.
sounds like maybe reformat cache/dalvik-cache? oh, and play store twitchy until rebooted at least once. wouldn't show downloading status before that although it would download.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I did reboot, I think twice?
App Manager lll is the old App2SD, just updated. Works fine on skinbarks latest, no storage problems at all.
Just thought I should let you know of the glitch so you might be able to fix for next build.
Edit: Wiped and reinstalled ROM. Rebooted twice. Wiped Cache and Dalvik. Installed Gapps. Wiped Cache and Dalvik. Rebooted twice.
Still have same problem.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith