[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

>>feels like the biggest noob ever now<< and that's weird I'm usually the supernerd.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Sorry, the name is a carryover from the Sprint thread, skinbark came up with it.
OS2SD = OperatingSystem2SD card.
Everything runs off the card except for the boot.img
No need for whatever2SD mods. You have as much space as your card can handle for apps, system mods, and even cache for Play.
so you need a fast card with enough space. Minimum 4Gb, I'd say a class 4 or more for speed.
Mine runs just as fast off SD as off of internal. I currently have about 40 apps downloaded from Play on my phone right now.

For some reason the accelerometer is breaking after the phone goes to sleep but comes back online after a reboot.

Melvin Jefferson

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2][OS2SD/internal]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

What is the difference between this and CM7.2 . MDPI?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

What is the difference between this and CM7.2 . MDPI?

CM7 is Gingerbread where this is Kitkat. Gingerbread has been worked out pretty stable on the Optimus V/S. Kitkat is experimental/unstable. Fun though, and cutting edge.
MDPI is dot density of our phone and other medium/low end devices. 160 dots per inch.

Melvin Jefferson

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

CM7 is Gingerbread where this is Kitkat. Gingerbread has been worked out pretty stable on the Optimus V/S. Kitkat is experimental/unstable. Fun though, and cutting edge.
MDPI is dot density of our phone and other medium/low end devices. 160 dots per inch.

Ok thanks

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

Sorry, the name is a carryover from the Sprint thread, skinbark came up with it.
OS2SD = OperatingSystem2SD card.
Everything runs off the card except for the boot.img
No need for whatever2SD mods. You have as much space as your card can handle for apps, system mods, and even cache for Play.
so you need a fast card with enough space. Minimum 4Gb, I'd say a class 4 or more for speed.
Mine runs just as fast off SD as off of internal. I currently have about 40 apps downloaded from Play on my phone right now.

For some reason the accelerometer is breaking after the phone goes to sleep but comes back online after a reboot.

Wait... So OS2SD would definitely be better than INT2EXT considered I own a class 4 32gb SD card...?

Also, would it work on my CM7.2? I have BobZhome's.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Wait... So OS2SD would definitely be better than INT2EXT considered I own a class 4 32gb SD card...?

Also, would it work on my CM7.2? I have BobZhome's.
You'd have to use Multirom on CM7. I ported it quite a while ago. Multiboot/rom on card. Multiboot requires ROMs use same kernel, so no mixing android flavors (except ics/jb/kitkat all run on compatible kernels.)
I like OS2SD better than linking some of the phone to external.
I am testing a build that should prevent any 'oops I unmounted the SD card' problems and kind of fixes the eri.xml glitch with carrier name.

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

You'd have to use Multirom on CM7. I ported it quite a while ago. Multiboot/rom on card. Multiboot requires ROMs use same kernel, so no mixing android flavors (except ics/jb/kitkat all run on compatible kernels.)
I like OS2SD better than linking some of the phone to external.
I am testing a build that should prevent any 'oops I unmounted the SD card' problems and kind of fixes the eri.xml glitch with carrier name.

Hmm. I'm kinda lost. Simplify what I would have to do?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Hmm. I'm kinda lost. Simplify what I would have to do?
newer software, use OS2SD. CM7, use multirom. instructions for it are in the linked thread from my last post. if you boot from a card install with multirom, its system and data and cache "partitions" (they're really bind-mounted directories but Android doesn't see the difference) can be oversized just like with the OS2SD.
multirom won't run with jb on up (maybe not ics either, I forget) because of security problems I'll bet. it patches the boot partition to pre-emp init.

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

newer software, use OS2SD. CM7, use multirom. instructions for it are in the linked thread from my last post. if you boot from a card install with multirom, its system and data and cache "partitions" (they're really bind-mounted directories but Android doesn't see the difference) can be oversized just like with the OS2SD.
multirom won't run with jb on up (maybe not ics either, I forget) because of security problems I'll bet. it patches the boot partition to pre-emp init.

Okay so I flash that recovery and do what with the v11?

Sorry about the noobisms but this kinda thing is completely and utterly new to me.

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

Appreciate the description. I, too, was wondering how OS2SD worked in general. I've read through the OS2SD thread on the Optimus S forum... I'm still trying to figure out: other than boot.img, does installing OS2SD make any other changes to the internal memory? If not, is it possible to have, say, the Harmonia utility ROM on the internal, and KitKat on the card (just boot without the card to boot Harmonia)? Thanks! OS2SD seems like a fascinating idea to me.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Okay so I flash that recovery and do what with the v11?
Sorry about the noobisms but this kinda thing is completely and utterly new to me.
switch to the other thread and I'll help with that. it's been long and long since I used it but seem to remember it's pretty easy.
Appreciate the description. I, too, was wondering how OS2SD worked in general. I've read through the OS2SD thread on the Optimus S forum... I'm still trying to figure out: other than boot.img, does installing OS2SD make any other changes to the internal memory? If not, is it possible to have, say, the Harmonia utility ROM on the internal, and KitKat on the card (just boot without the card to boot Harmonia)? Thanks! OS2SD seems like a fascinating idea to me.
yes, you can keep whatever you want on internal, and just restore the boot.img that belongs to it, to boot from there. if you have an OS2SD on the card at the same time, all you have to do is swap the boot.img and reboot to switch. advanced restore under backup and restore in the recovery will restore just the boot.img for you out of a backup.

Melvin Jefferson

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

So is OS2SD better than Mount2SD?
If so I'm gonna wait until you update this ROM ^_^

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

So is OS2SD better than Mount2SD?
If so I'm gonna wait until you update this ROM ^_^

I've never run mounts2sd or any other link2 method to benchmark, so I'm not sure. I like the lack of extra scripts in the OS2SD. The OS2SD upload is done. I haven't yet made a new release for internal yet.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

new internal build uploading.
just barely fits skinny gapps and CrossBreeder on /system with about 1Mb to spare. Probably wouldn't get both on an Optimus S,
reads Virgin Mobile now instead of "ROAMING INDICATOR OFF" since I found where that was coming from. Missing overlay.
Messaging settings still FC. Null pointer exception... haven't traced down why yet.

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

The GPS doesn't seem to be working in the cm-11-20140219-OS2SD-thunderc.zip build - can't turn Location on in settings. This was working in the previous release.

Last edited: