[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2][OS2SD/internal]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

The GPS doesn't seem to be working in the latest build - can't turn Location on in settings. This was working in the previous release.
Was pretty sure mine did... but I shift test builds so often it's hard to remember if I tested that. it definitely does on the 20140220. My accelerometer jams after sleep for several reboots before smoothing out when testing builds... maybe the gps is similar. I always seem to have to go turn off location in settings though.

Last edited:

Melvin Jefferson

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

Still waiting for a more roomier update. Hate the phone constantly rebooting automatically and low system mem.

Other note Google+ from the play store won't work on the previous update 0217. It would either say "package file invalid" or it force closes if installed. What is the reason behind this?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

Still waiting for a more roomier update. Hate the phone constantly rebooting automatically and low system mem.

Other note Google+ from the play store won't work it either say "package file invalid" or it force closes. What is the reason behind this?

Google+ is constantly trying to work on their app. Package File Invalid is a common Android bug but it force closing all the time (like every few seconds) possibly the ROM possibly the app possibly the site, I've learned that they finally figured out how to update the app without updating the apk, and when that happens some things go wrong.

My app is working well so it's either because they're adding some KitKat friendly code or the ROM doesn't like Google+ (at least not right now) for no reason whatsoever it could start randomly working. That's happened to me various times. Reflashing and downloading it first seems to speed up the compatibility process for no reason.

Melvin Jefferson

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

Google+ is constantly trying to work on their app. Package File Invalid is a common Android bug but it force closing all the time (like every few seconds) possibly the ROM possibly the app possibly the site, I've learned that they finally figured out how to update the app without updating the apk, and when that happens some things go wrong.

My app is working well so it's either because they're adding some KitKat friendly code or the ROM doesn't like Google+ (at least not right now) for no reason whatsoever it could start randomly working. That's happened to me various times. Reflashing and downloading it first seems to speed up the compatibility prockess for no reason.

So should I wait for an update to try it vs driving myself crazy reflashing and redownloading g+ over and over ?

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

So should I wait for an update to try it vs driving myself crazy reflashing and redownloading g+ over and over ?

Also, the mobile website works perfectly and now has Communities finally. Just can't mention people right now which I think is stupid.

I mainly use the mobile website. Only the app for mentioning.

clydesdale91

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site

I think that if you really want to get the most out of your Optimus V you should really switch to OS2SD. I've tested both and the OS2SD just works much better. Also you don't have to push apps to your SD using link2sd or whatever you use which is always buggy because everything is already on your sd :confused:.

So go invest in a class 10 micro sd, you won't notice any slower loads speeds and you can make the size of /data, /system, and /cache as big your heart desires.

A big shoutout to superbigsquid, skinbark, techvendetta and android community for keeping this awesome phone alive. :D

zemm356

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: [ROM+KERNEL][CM-11.0][4.4.2]KitKat for Optimus V

Download link here. Shared folder.

cm-11-20140220-UNOFFICIAL-thunderc.zip
MD5sum: 6b85dd9c5baf0ee661275a4815d524b0
cm-11-20140217-UNOFFICIAL-thunderc.zip
MD5sum: 491aba52a29c167a91407f75a9c70385
cm-11-20140203-UNOFFICIAL-thunderc.zip
MD5sum: a97219b4e199ddfc8fa9aec6ff049947
cm-11-20140131-UNOFFICIAL-thunderc.zip
MD5sum: 58d3d01796e57733fb847d3d278c109d

Hi,
not see a lot of time, sorry for my noobs
I am againe trying to flash Optimus V/S ROMs to my Vortex, but all I can to apply, just fix rotation by replacing some files from ICS ROM :(
When I saw working KK, was try to install it, but problem got with custom recovery, my Vortex do not work with recovery size more than 5mb, it goes out of memory and as result black screen, entering fastboot. Some solution was found by me installed twrp-LS670-test6-2.3.3.0. This gives me stable boot/reboot and possibility to flash your cm-11-20140203-UNOFFICIAL-thunderc.zip + Gaaps( all earliest aborted to flash ). As result same like with all Optimus V/S ROMS before, rotation mirrowed, no 3G andpossibility to do call, send sms. Also shown a lot of free memory, used only 57, even with gaaps, but this not true, as after rebooting or installing any program, memory go down, and rom freez. Reboot => wipe, all ok.
My ask if can someone help me to adapt this ROM to my LG Vortex ( VS660)? I am ready to act as tester. But have no knowledges to do all by myself((((

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

Hi,
not see a lot of time, sorry for my noobs
I am againe trying to flash Optimus V/S ROMs to my Vortex, but all I can to apply, just fix rotation by replacing some files from ICS ROM :(
When I saw working KK, was try to install it, but problem got with custom recovery, my Vortex do not work with recovery size more than 5mb, it goes out of memory and as result black screen, entering fastboot. Some solution was found by me installed twrp-LS670-test6-2.3.3.0. This gives me stable boot/reboot and possibility to flash your cm-11-20140203-UNOFFICIAL-thunderc.zip + Gaaps( all earliest aborted to flash ). As result same like with all Optimus V/S ROMS before, rotation mirrowed, no 3G andpossibility to do call, send sms. Also shown a lot of free memory, used only 57, even with gaaps, but this not true, as after rebooting or installing any program, memory go down, and rom freez. Reboot => wipe, all ok.
My ask if can someone help me to adapt this ROM to my LG Vortex ( VS660)? I am ready to act as tester. But have no knowledges to do all by myself((((

aka you'd like a port. :)

zemm356

May 16, 2013
Visit site

aka you'd like a port. :)
Yep, smth like this. Before BobZhome do CM7, Quattrimus do ICS, they also do similar ROMS for Optimus V/S and Vortex too. BY the way, Quattrimus ROM had bugs with rotation, and this was fixed by installing bigsupersquid 3.0.8 kernel. ( new bugs came with this Kernel, standart for ICS, bigsupersquid indicated in his kernel post about)

P.S. and I have no normal recovery to install KK((((

Melvin Jefferson

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

Download link here. Shared folder.

cm-11-20140220-UNOFFICIAL-thunderc.zip
MD5sum: 6b85dd9c5baf0ee661275a4815d524b0
cm-11-20140217-UNOFFICIAL-thunderc.zip
MD5sum: 491aba52a29c167a91407f75a9c70385
cm-11-20140203-UNOFFICIAL-thunderc.zip
MD5sum: a97219b4e199ddfc8fa9aec6ff049947
cm-11-20140131-UNOFFICIAL-thunderc.zip
MD5sum: 58d3d01796e57733fb847d3d278c109d

Didn't work for me wouldn't Install

TechVendetta

May 16, 2011
Visit site

Didn't work for me wouldn't Install

For os2sd you need the os2sd version, use squids latest os2sd build its further down than the normal builds on his page.

Before installing you'll need to install my recovery, back up your sdcard to your computer, then go to advance > partition sdcard in the recovery.

Then you'll need to copy the rom to the sdcard.
Currently my recovery has a bug with mounting usb storage which will be fixed in a day or so.
So you either need to use an adapter or your internal rom to put the zip file on the sdcard after partitioning.
After that you can just flash it from recovery and you'll have the latest in optimus v technology. ^.^

BONUS: If before you install the new rom, you make a backup of boot, you can use advanced restore to restore just your boot to load back into internal os and vice versa.

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

I'll wait until your update for the USB fix

USB storage worked for me on 02/17 just gotta go to settings - storage - (menu) USB computer connection.

Idk but it worked for me when I installed this the other day.

Melvin Jefferson

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

Experimental/technically inclined users:
the bleeding edge of LG**670 ROM technology.
OS2SD (OperatingSystem2SD card) builds. Thanks to skinbark for the name and first releases, not to mention getting 4.2 to boot.
Runs off of the SD card. Only boot is on internal storage. Awesome amounts of storage space. No link2whatever methods needed or feasible.
downloads here.
required: big enough SD card 4Gb or more advised (class 2 or 4 according to koopakid08 and documented on xda.)
first SD partition VFAT/FAT32
second to fourth EXT4.
advise 2Gb VFAT, 1Gb EXT4, 512Mb EXT4, 512Mb EXT4 in that order. Those become /sdcard, /data, /system, and /cache. expand /sdcard and/or /data as preferred if you use a bigger card. more space in /system? dunno why. doubt there's enough armv6 system apps to fill 512Mb.

TechVendetta's TWRP may well handle all this. Try it and see... I can't test everything.
or use cwm-sd-fakeflash.zip in the skinbark/thekraven cwm to flash OS2SD ROMs. Also use it to back up and restore OS2SD installs.
format system, and factory reset (both in fakeflash recovery) before flashing ROM.
the mounts and storage menu formats the ext partitions, as does the factory reset option.

flash ROM, reboot into recovery. Flash fakeflash, then flash gapps, log in and sync, then reboot again into recovery or ROM before using Play (it may crash during use if not rebooted after logging in and syncing.)

use skinny gapps sd version from skinbark's download page.
also use the fakeflash recovery to flash extra zips to ext. as long as they don't specify 'MTD' in the updater-script it should flash them ok. CrossBreeder works this way. Not sure where TechV's installs zips that don't specify target yet.

now eri.xml works. other minor cm/aav6 improvements.
current: cm-11-20140219-UNOFFICIAL-thunderc.zip
md5sum: 014e153583577226cdfba596c0aec531
no need for extras, they're included.

fakeflash seems complicated
is TWRP simpler/better?

SimplePurple

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site

How is the battery on this rom with wifi before I flash.

Posted via Android Central App