[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2][OS2SD/internal]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

How is the battery on this rom with wifi before I flash.

Posted via Android Central App

Just remember to turn Wi-Fi off while you're on a break from your phone and also leave the brightness at its default and you should be fine.

After that, just give it a few days to settle into your phone. Goes a tiny bit faster than battery on MiRaGe or similar.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

bump
Current build cm-11-20140221-internal-thunderc.zip uploading
Experimental Sprint fix zip to test with MMS and such

clydesdale91

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site

bump
Current build cm-11-20140221-internal-thunderc.zip uploading
Experimental Sprint fix zip to test with MMS and such

When do you think you'll get the next OS2SD build uploaded? I've noticed that the location services haven't been working as well in the last build, not really a big deal though.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Has this been uploaded yet, I can see the o2sd one in the folder.
oops, it got borked. the zip is oversized and won't fit. I fixed the sprint fix to include the correct apns-conf.xml (it's the only change that's supposed to be in the last two builds.)
Sorry bout that.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

On latest internal build, "process.android.media has stopped" constantly pops up in the 'sound' sub menu, gallery, and all notifications. Clean install, using cross breeder, mounts2sd, with ~78apps.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

Omg the epic ness! Just dusted off the v and plugged in to the charger!

Sent from my N800 using AC Forums mobile app

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

Omg the epic ness! Just dusted off the v and plugged in to the charger!

Sent from my N800 using AC Forums mobile app

That was my reaction when I saw this the first time lol. I thought "KitKat on the OV? Thank God."

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

On latest internal build, "process.android.media has stopped" constantly pops up in the 'sound' sub menu, gallery, and all notifications. Clean install, using cross breeder, mounts2sd, with ~78apps.

I get 'exchange services has stopped' on first boot... but not those others unless a bad flash.
But...
crossbreeder is messing with me.
can't get it to flash correctly, perms fail to set, I've tried to patch it in manually even. I've gotten the entropy boost to work but not the adblock and probably not any of the rest. I have been tweaking the updater-script trying to get it to work right but no success yet. Sometimes after trying it other things start to FC, like your example.
Looking at incorporating it instead.
//edit: know what? techvendetta's twrp flashed the CrossBreeder 12-1 edition to ext fine this time. Hmm. Flashed it right after full wipe and ROM flash before rebooting.

Last edited:

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Well, it started doing that before I installed crossbreeder 12-7-13(?).
I'll try another fresh ROM install, could be the mount2sd app screwing with the process.media for me.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Well, it started doing that before I installed crossbreeder 12-7-13(?).
I'll try another fresh ROM install, could be the mount2sd app screwing with the process.media for me.

oh, and I've not tried mounts2sd... plus I only run the internal install for testing and not for very long.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

oh, and I've not tried mounts2sd... plus I only run the internal install for testing and not for very long.

Well, it definitely had something to do with mounts2sd. Its most likely just residual data on my ext partition from a previous ROM.

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site

I a/so get the media process errror on internal build. The issue pops up if system file gets altered, like manually adding system apps:-\ scripts or after flashing anything (i use Fly-On). Only fix i've found is disabling media storage.

Sent from my ZombieKat 4.4.2-VM670 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I a/so get the media process errror on internal build. The issue pops up if system file gets altered, like manually adding system apps:-\ scripts or after flashing anything (i use Fly-On). Only fix i've found is disabling media storage.

Sent from my ZombieKat 4.4.2-VM670 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
maybe using a fragment of updater-script to flash a fix, or manually fixing in adb, a permission of something that got changed by /system updates. the permissions in the updater-script are all looney, and this OS version is soooo picky about system files and permissions.

skinbark

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

I finally got around to flashing your rom this afternoon bigsupersquid, been stuck on my last build from back in January. The 2/21 OS2SD version is running fine for me so far. It's great seeing KitKat working so well on the OV. Thanks for your hard work on this.