[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2][OS2SD/internal]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

I didn't even use the eri.xml. Just dropped in the build.prop and apns.conf made sure to set permissions to 644 and reboot

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I didn't even use the eri.xml. Just dropped in the build.prop and apns.conf made sure to set permissions to 644 and reboot

gotta delete /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db and reboot to make it register the new apns-conf.xml

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Hmm... So maybe changing the apns-conf.xml isn't what fixed it... In that case I can only guess it's all in the build.prop.....

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Hmm... So maybe changing the apns-conf.xml isn't what fixed it... In that case I can only guess it's all in the build.prop.....

well, the apns that are built into the 2/20 or 2/21 are only VM and Sprint. The CM apns-conf is what needs dropped in. I've reverted the apns now that mms works enough I'm done tweaking at it.
the build.prop is mega-important for mms, tells the system what apn to use.

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Well I'm confused I guess lol I'll play more with it tomorrow and report back... Probably won't be till around 11:30pm eastern time like tonight.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

There's a neat gimmick I saw running Multirom with GB that works with OS2SD too.
mount usb storage in android or recovery mounts ext system, data, and cache for your linux file management pleasure. While running android or in recovery.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

Rebased device folder off of TheJBC again, and tried to clean up msm7x27-common to pull merges more nicely from androidarmv6. Plenty stuff updated in CM since last upload. You'll have to look at the changelog in phone info, I dunno what all changed. Except for...
The transparent statusbar in Performance settings is pretty cool, CrossBreeder's (or V6 supercharger's) OOM killer settings should work now, and wifi scan interval turned down to once every 5 minutes to conserve some power when wifi on but not connected. Accelerometer sleep fixed in kernel (my bad, before I had half a clue what I was hacking together in there.)
I have uploaded new emoji-capable internal and OS2SD builds. internal takes 150.2Mb system space with hackers keyboard instead of latinime in internal system. if you want to send emojis in messaging sideload the latinime apk from the extras folder in the internal zip.
The OS2SD has both keyboards built in. Why not? I like the arrow and meta keys on the smaller keyboard and also want emoji suppport.

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Ok I had some time this morning to mess with it. My exact process is.

1. Wipe everything
2. Flash rom
3. Boot
4. Use cyanogen file manager in root mode to replace build.prop and apns.conf and set permissions to 644
5. Reboot recovery and flash gapps
6. Test mms

This works, for some reason I still can't get the zip to correctly flash no matter which recovery I use.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

1. Wipe everything
2. Flash rom
3. Boot
4. Use cyanogen file manager in root mode to replace build.prop and apns.conf and set permissions to 644
6. Test mms

This works, for some reason I still can't get the zip to correctly flash no matter which recovery I use.

I assume the zip is borked up somewhere. I'll check. Thanks for the info.

pur

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site

KittyKat shares a Laffff!
Thank you , thank you , thank you. All the devs and testers involved, GREAT WORK!

This is all I needed:
TWRP-thunderc-TechV
cm-11-20140221-OS2SD-thunderc
Skinny_4.4_Gapps-sd
a class 4 SD, 4GB partitioned /data 1104?MB, /system & /cache 512MB each and FAT32 is 1.7GB

I had tried Backside, Bumblebee and MiRaGe before settling to Harmonia but got fed up with OV(ZV4? maybe) having not enough space for anything, plus it gets too hot in my hand. As I was using OV like a wifi tablet with FreedomPop and was carrying a semi-dumb phone on PP(3 devices!), it got old quick. So I moved on and got Droid X2...(I'm not only noob but cheap).

Anyway, I read this thread and a couple others from the first to last post, and found TechVendetta's instruction on how to easily partition with TWRP(too chicken to use GParted). No problem with bigsupersquid's excellent ROM pkg, but gapps was such a pain, I did it over and over from the start, wiping and mounting. Recovery says "successfully finished" but gapps never ever stuck. There was no Play and I couldn't Add an account in setting. I even tried .APK but it half worked,(GooglePlay finally showed up but immediately crashed every time I opened it). In the meantime, I found the 20140208 ROM today and tried it as well, but the same thing(Strange but I only had the status bar with the rest of the screen black, oh and language selection before that), gapps didn't stick.

Turned out...duh, I was not using the correct gapps, the SD version installed fine and was able to access the store. I also went back to 20140221 which was nice and smooth all along. My OV still gets hot but not too bad, no clock lag at all on wifi and charging all day. I don't think I'll activate it with VM again and PP's ESN check came back UNKNOWN, so flashing the Verizon fix might be useless, BUT I'm so happy that now I can try all those 'above ICS' apps!

I just wanted to share my experience and note that using gapps-sd may not be clear to noobs.

pur

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

1. Wipe everything
2. Flash rom
3. Boot
6. Test mms

rezipped, different process, same files.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...kitkat-jbc-based-post3481610.html#post3481610 Redid Sprint fix on same basis.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

...I found the 20140208 ROM today and tried it as well, but the same thing(Strange but I only had the status bar with the rest of the screen black, oh and language selection before that)...
yeah, the first upload for some reason had Launcher3 in extras instead of priv-app. So, no launcher. You could work around the long way by using the settings from the notification bar status dropdown, and adding apps directly to the lockscreen slider three at a time, but that's silly. I fixed and reuploaded it.
I did specify the sd-gapps in the OP, I'll make sure that's clear.

djeborn

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

Man I am happy to see this! I'm tired of Gingerbread! Thanks for the good work! Will flash soon!

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Man I am happy to see this! I'm tired of Gingerbread! Thanks for the good work! Will flash soon!
I really advise the OS2SD version unless you want to fiddle around with blah2sd scripts of some form or don't use many apps. With a decent card it even seems to run faster to me than internal. Definitely flashes/backs up/restores faster, even though it's bigger.

djeborn

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

I really advise the OS2SD version unless you want to fiddle around with blah2sd scripts of some form or don't use many apps. With a decent card it even seems to run faster to me than internal. Definitely flashes/backs up/restores faster, even though it's bigger.
Thanks, good to know! :) Do you have any idea if you'll be able to fix the clock?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

TechVendetta said something about time fixes, when he puts up his source code I'll import them. This whole thing is a bunch of imports and a few hacks holding it all together.
Right now, the best way I've found to unlock the stuck clock is toggle airplane mode on, wait for no service, toggle it back off. The network sends the time and the system syncs it.
Device Info Live Wallpaper always has the correct time. It probably pulls it from the linux part of the system. But it doesn't run the statusbar clock or the alarm.
A third party clock app might work if it uses the linux system time.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

No Time tonight but I'll try out the new Verizon fix as soon as I can.