[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2][OS2SD/internal]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

Need clarification, complete N00b here-
- does TechVendettas recovery work with 0s2sd version? Formatted the card with it flashed the rom Gapps no go- stuck in boot loop
- I what exactly are the steps once in TechVendettas recovery prior to flashing, what do you mount /not mount etc.
- BigSuperSquid which zip is the latest for the ROM? Assuming the last one dated 2/28?
Thanks in advance

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Need clarification, complete N00b here-
- does TechVendettas recovery work with 0s2sd version?
it's the preferred recovery right now.
Formatted the card with it flashed the rom Gapps no go- stuck in boot loop
You partitioned the card or formatted it? Need to partition it. Do that, then reboot recovery. Flash rom. Reboot system once after first flashing rom, wait for it to load all the way, reboot into recovery, flash sd-gapps. reboot system. sign into google account, let it sync your data, reboot, and then you can use everything google. If you follow this exactly you won't have to mount/unmount anything.
- BigSuperSquid which zip is the latest for the ROM? Assuming the last one dated 2/28?
yep. it also says most recent build in the 3rd post (the os2sd post) and first post (internal.)

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

funny, with the sleep fixed in the kernel with the accelerometer, the hardware readouts from it work after sleep. But the ui doesn't react to it and logcat shows calibration over and over.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

it's the preferred recovery right now.You partitioned the card or formatted it? Need to partition it. Do that, then reboot recovery. Flash rom. Reboot system once after first flashing rom, wait for it to load all the way, reboot into recovery, flash sd-gapps. reboot system. sign into google account, let it sync your data, reboot, and then you can use everything google. If you follow this exactly you won't have to mount/unmount anything.yep. it also says most recent build in the 3rd post (the os2sd post) and first post (internal.)

Here were my steps
Flashed TV's recovery
Booted to recovery and partitioned sd card -reboot
Flashed rom
Reboot
Rom flashed -
Boot into recovery
Flash skinny gaps, but when check mount status to of the boxes are checked by default so I leave them( don't remember which ones)
Recovery states flash ok
Reboot
Endless boot loop requiring battery pull
Gave up after 3 tries
Flashed zen garden recovery
Flashed harmonia 2.09 with my tail tucked between my legs

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

the boxes checked by default are sdcard storage and os2sd cache. not problematic.
you flashed the Skinny_4.4_Gapps-sd not the regular ones, right?
it takes a fair bit of time to boot, too. ten minutes, one user said. more like 2-6 for me. depends on your sd card.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

the boxes checked by default are sdcard storage and os2sd cache. not problematic.
you flashed the Skinny_4.4_Gapps-sd not the regular ones, right?
it takes a fair bit of time to boot, too. ten minutes, one user said. more like 2-6 for me. depends on your sd card.
Ughhh, NO I didn't flash the right ones. I went to skinbark's thread, the first page followed that link to the WRONG skinny gaps. Can't believe I did that. Ok, looks like Im staring all over

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

testing 'new' 4.4.2 gapps from here (for zte blade armv6) with latest OS2SD build.
twrp, mount os2sd system before flashing it.
around 26 Mb of Gapps. Heh.
//edit: well, it booted up at least... so far so good.
//more edit: something kills launcher3... ugh. sqlite errors...
play store works...
google sign-in still doesn't... gonna try complete clean flash with wiped data.

//editedit: it all runs, but bits conflict unless the zip is modified.

Last edited:

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Anyone else having issues with data installer in pico tts? Maps downloaded ,English voice downloaded and installed, but data installer gives me "error 24"" when attempting to install.

Last edited:

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Installed ivona from market and set as default tts. Will test out with navigation later. 148 mb for voice data but space is no longer an issue.
This ROM rocks!!! Simply amazed what this little phone with ancient hardware is capable of.

djeborn

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

I just flashed the O2SD version, and I gotta say thanks! :) You're breathing new life into my old phone! I mean, I want a new phone, but I can't afford one, so this is the next best ting! Keep up the good work!

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Some early observations regarding clock speed- installed cpu spy and overclocked to 729/480 on smartv2 gov. Performance good but NO deep sleep cycle entered at all, even with no use x 2 hrs. Tried interactive gov with no change. No dice with different schedulers still no deep sleep. Decreased clock speed to default settings with no change. Finally I found the culprit- wifi. Once toggled off deep sleep entered within 20 seconds. I have high speed internet so don't know if that matters. I also decided to keep at 600/122 with interactive which appears to be the default setting and honestly do not notice any penalty in performance as compared with overclocking.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Some early observations regarding clock speed- installed cpu spy and overclocked to 729/480 on smartv2 gov. Performance good but NO deep sleep cycle entered at all, even with no use x 2 hrs. Tried interactive gov with no change. No dice with different schedulers still no deep sleep. Decreased clock speed to default settings with no change. Finally I found the culprit- wifi. Once toggled off deep sleep entered within 20 seconds. I have high speed internet so don't know if that matters. I also decided to keep at 600/122 with interactive which appears to be the default setting and honestly do not notice any penalty in performance as compared with overclocking.
122 is low and aggravates clock lag. 480 min recommended for battery efficiency.
Good data about the wifi. There's an advanced setting in wifi: keep wi-fi on during sleep that defaults to always. It's probably part of the big battery-sucker thing a lot of people have going on.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

122 is low and aggravates clock lag. 480 min recommended for battery efficiency.
Good data about the wifi. There's an advanced setting in wifi: keep wi-fi on during sleep that defaults to always. It's probably part of the big battery-sucker thing a lot of people have going on.
Ok thanks, back to 480, I think most of the battery drain was indeed due to wifi. With Wifi off this gets as good if not better bat life than bean wiz set up was running prior to this .

chedder66

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+KERNEL][CM-11.0][4.4.2]KitKat for Optimus V

Attached is an experimental Sprint fix.
View attachment 106299

This sprint fix from the first post gave me status 6 installation error... is this the new one you meant?

experimental Sprint fix. (please wait)

Accelerometer really fixed this time, maybe. r1.8 kernel.
current: cm-11-20140301-OS2SD-thunderc.zip
md5sum: db2a1f68f085f84c530fcd9e7e974d77

This sprint fix from the second post gave me mms (!!) but the home and settings keys both function as settings.

Flashing r1.8 broke wifi for me. With the 1.7 in the rom the wifi worked.

Also having no more sdcard issues. Not sure what that was about.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

This sprint fix from the first post gave me status 6 installation error... is this the new one you meant?
ah, I forgot to remove that one. Thank you.
This sprint fix from the second post gave me mms (!!) but the home and settings keys both function as settings.
awesome. I'll fix the keys.... you get first successful test props.
Flashing r1.8 broke wifi for me. With the 1.7 in the rom the wifi worked.
sometimes the module doesn't flash right. I'll look into tweaking the kernel installer zip.
Also having no more sdcard issues. Not sure what that was about.
good.

Sprint fix and Verizon fix added to first post. A few more testers and I'll get to add the extra carriers to the OP title :p maybe add Ting in there with the right apns and try to get it working too.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

it is pm.sleep_mode killing accelerometer.
it's set to power collapse. turning that up actually fixes the darn thing.
inconsistent bunk.
//edit: duh.
this kernel has the p500 ami304 driver.
their ami304d binary is different.
including it in the rom gets rid of the calibration loop for good.
and the pa gapps work fine on os2sd. slicker than the skinny gapps.
they're too big for the internal install though.

Last edited:

chedder66

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

awesome. I'll fix the keys....

Sprint fix and Verizon fix added to first post. .

Thanks. On the newest fix it seems like both home and menu are set to home. I borrowed a kl from a sprint build for now.

Does the play store work on the internal build? Did I miss some trick on getting it working?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Thanks. On the newest fix it seems like both home and menu are set to home. I borrowed a kl from a sprint build for now.
that I need to do as well to drop in the zip instead of trying to patch one.
Does the play store work on the internal build? Did I miss some trick on getting it working?
it does, but flashing can be glitchy.
reboot recovery, mount internal system, flash regular skinny gapps. pa gapps won't fit and sd gapps install to the wrong place. if it's still twitchy it may want philz or regular cwm recovery.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

//edit: duh.
this kernel has the p500 ami304 driver.
their ami304d binary is different.
including it in the rom gets rid of the calibration loop for good.
finally.
zram enabled too.
terminal said:
adb shell free
total used free shared buffers
Mem: 422888 347256 75632 0 12820
-/+ buffers: 334436 88452
Swap: 65532 0 65532

rebuilding before upload.

I find it amusing that my optimus v has absorbed proprietary system binaries not only from the optimus s with the same hardware, but also the optimus one with a different SoC.

Last edited:

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

Hi can someone here confirm that Google+ works on this ROM? The app I mean.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12