[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2][OS2SD/internal]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

there is a build up there, has been since mar 4. just checked it this morning. I will verify the link from post 3.
//edit: verified. it's in there.

My guess is that the poster who has a problem getting your ROMs hasn't linked his Google Drive to your publicly available files. I'd forgotten for a bit that I did just that, and I can get all your files including your earliest uploads. Anything that's gone I can't get obviously, but I do have access to most of the kernels, for instance.

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

here's your google+ glitch.
D/dalvikvm( 2862): Trying to load lib /data/app-lib/com.google.android.apps.plus-1/libnetjni.so 0x4198e930
F/libc ( 2862): Fatal signal 4 (SIGILL) at 0x5450a762 (code=1), thread 2878 (app_on_create)
looks like armv7 lib. won't run, like g-earth or other newer gapps.

Ah, Google and their advanced features lol.

Casey Campanile

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site

Got it! I had a weak 1x signal before, so google drive app could not sync properly. That's why it didn't show up. Now I am on wifi sonow it showed up.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Since I've had the OS2SD version installed I let the battery drain to 20-15% then fully charged it the first several times.
I turn everything off until I need it. I have Periodic Auto Sync set to every 4 hours for 5 minutes.
I've installed the Fly-On Mod tweaks.

I went to bed with battery at 72%. and woke up to it still at 72%.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Since I've had the OS2SD version installed I let the battery drain to 20-15% then fully charged it the first several times.
I turn everything off until I need it. I have Periodic Auto Sync set to every 4 hours for 5 minutes.
I've installed the Fly-On Mod tweaks.

I went to bed with battery at 72%. and woke up to it still at 72%.
That's pretty awesome Andy. I don't have that kind of bat life though I don't turn everything off as you do either. Currently I avg 5% loss per hour with heavy use ie? checking and responding to emails while streaming music while answering texts and that is with poor 3G signal. I do run seeder aggressively by un checking the "suspend RNG while screen is off" setting and I checked the "extend I/O queque" on and set it to moderate. I have had 1-2 episodes of the phone becoming very slow to respond if I don't have this set up( least thats my theory) the biggest drain is by far WiFi. Which if left on will not allow any deep sleep. With wifi off depending on what I am doing I run ~ 3-4% per hr but the phone does not freeze, get error messages and is very responsive.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

That's pretty awesome Andy. I don't have that kind of bat life though I don't turn everything off as you do either. Currently I avg 5% loss per hour with heavy use ie? checking and responding to emails while streaming music while answering texts and that is with poor 3G signal. I do run seeder aggressively by un checking the "suspend RNG while screen is off" setting and I checked the "extend I/O queque" on and set it to moderate. I have had 1-2 episodes of the phone becoming very slow to respond if I don't have this set up( least thats my theory) the biggest drain is by far WiFi. Which if left on will not allow any deep sleep. With wifi off depending on what I am doing I run ~ 3-4% per hr but the phone does not freeze, get error messages and is very responsive.
I get days and days off a charge with data and wifi off not using gps.
Hours only if streaming video or heavy wifi use.
It's all about usage for power drain. Data sync from gapps and other apps counts as usage even though it's hidden from you.

found the messaging settings cm glitch, am building new internal to test now. if it doesn't crash on me I'll let you all have at the latest greatest for testing.
for OS2SD I've been using internal /cache successfully, and am about to try using both internal /system and /data together for /system as well.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

bigsupersquid: I have noticed that with my daily V running MiRaGe I get better WiFi connectivity and less drain on battery. With OS2SD spare V(same tweaks as I put on the MiRaGe) the WiFi connectivity is less and produces more battery drain.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

am building new internal to test now. if it doesn't crash on me I'll let you all have at the latest greatest for testing.
//edit: system with skinny gapps takes 158Mb. That still fits you OS types, right? leaves 6 or so free on a V. If it's not enough then remove latinime and its .so and/or pckeyboard and sideload something.

for OS2SD I've been using internal /cache successfully, and am about to try using both internal /system and /data together for /system as well.
bigsupersquid: I have noticed that with my daily V running MiRaGe I get better WiFi connectivity and less drain on battery. With OS2SD spare V(same tweaks as I put on the MiRaGe) the WiFi connectivity is less and produces more battery drain.
Mirage is the shiz-nit. I don't see any wifi in the kernel changelog. CM7 is pretty well ironed out too.
the p500 kitkat thread on xda says that wifi is a well-known drain... thekraven suggested implementing power reduction kernel fixes, which I've not found any of yet.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

new builds uploaded. internal and external. md5 in filenames. Will update OPs later.

Last edited:

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

new builds uploaded. internal and external. md5 in filenames. Will update OPs later.
With this build are you trying to combine system and data into one partition? Also do I just dirty flash this or do I go through the same procedure of flash-mount os2sd sys then skinny Gapps- mount data, wipe davlik cache and cache then reboot?
Thanks in advance for your response.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

With this build are you trying to combine system and data into one partition? Also do I just dirty flash this or do I go through the same procedure of flash-mount os2sd sys then skinny Gapps- mount data, wipe davlik cache and cache then reboot?
Thanks in advance for your response.
No big changes yet except for /cache is now internal on the OS2SD.
A dirty flash is probably ok. I do it. i don't even wipe cache and dalvik sometimes. Format /system first in case there's extra files it won't overwrite.
I don't use the skinny gapps except for internal. the pa gapps give me no issues on os2sd, and they even log into the google sites automatically (which I hadn't seen work since either GB or ICS, I forget.)

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

No big changes yet except for /cache is now internal on the OS2SD.
A dirty flash is probably ok. I do it. i don't even wipe cache and dalvik sometimes. Format /system first in case there's extra files it won't overwrite.
I don't use the skinny gapps except for internal. the pa gapps give me no issues on os2sd, and they even log into the google sites automatically (which I hadn't seen work since either GB or ICS, I forget.)
Ok, dirty flashed this and noted that I lost the google search bar, I forgot to format sys so don't know if that was the issue. Also I noticed that android keyboard was now the default and interestingly my fstrim utility app( part of the Linux kernel tools) stopped working and I got a message stating the kernel no longer supported it, was the kernel also tweaked with this update? Otherwise everything worked fine as far as I could tell. Restored my previous settings and may try clean install later.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Ok, dirty flashed this and noted that I lost the google search bar, I forgot to format sys so don't know if that was the issue. Also I noticed that android keyboard was now the default and interestingly my fstrim utility app( part of the Linux kernel tools) stopped working and I got a message stating the kernel no longer supported it, was the kernel also tweaked with this update? Otherwise everything worked fine as far as I could tell. Restored my previous settings and may try clean install later.

somthing may've gotten dropped out of the kernel. not sure. //edit: no code dropped. I will compare the /proc/config.gz from the previous and current installs to see if I lost something in the defconfig. kernel git lost its history over a week or so, my oops.
CONFIG_CGROUP_MEM_RES_CTLR=y
CONFIG_CGROUP_MEM_RES_CTLR_SWAP=y
CONFIG_CGROUP_MEM_RES_CTLR_SWAP_ENABLED=y
is the only difference between r2.0 and 2.1, 2.0 has those disabled.
and for me, busybox fstrim works on the current version. "fstrim -v /system" gave me this:
root@thunderc:/ # fstrim -v /system
/system: 314818560 bytes trimmed
since I'd forgotten about that utility. I may make an init.d script to run it on reboot for all the card partitions. It'd add a few seconds but it's a slow startup anyway.

put in aosp keyboard for the emojis. it sets itself as default automatically.

Last edited:

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

somthing may've gotten dropped out of the kernel. not sure. //edit: no code dropped. I will compare the /proc/config.gz from the previous and current installs to see if I lost something in the defconfig. kernel git lost its history over a week or so, my oops.
and for me, busybox fstrim works on the current version. "fstrim -v /system" gave me this: since I'd forgotten about that utility. I may make an init.d script to run it periodically.

Ok, thanks for checking.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

and for me, busybox fstrim works on the current version. "fstrim -v /system" gave me this: since I'd forgotten about that utility. I may make an init.d script to run it on reboot for all the card partitions. It'd add a few seconds but it's a slow startup anyway.

Cool didn't see the last part about including it at start up. Thanks a bunch

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I am uploading a shiny new variant os2sd.
You can clean flash it, mount os2sd system, and flash gapps right then. no reboot required. Cm account manager bypasses the startup wizard crash that usually causes.

I like the pa gapps. No errors for me, they auto signin most of the time, and they backup all the account settings. Apps installed with these gapps signed in and active download automagically from market after data wipe. Cool beans if i have wifi and don't sideload em cause it is so much faster. Sideloading is faster i mean.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

I am uploading a shiny new variant os2sd.
You can clean flash it, mount os2sd system, and flash gapps right then. no reboot required. Cm account manager bypasses the startup wizard crash that usually causes.

I like the pa gapps. No errors for me, they auto signin most of the time, and they backup all the account settings. Apps installed with these gapps signed in and active download automagically from market after data wipe. Cool beans if i have wifi and don't sideload em cause it is so much faster. Sideloading is faster i mean.
Works great, but no google search bar/google now. the following link (google search apk)seems to work but its ~ 30 mb. I think I'm keeping this version, nice work bigsupersquid.
http://m7.androidfilehost.com/download.php?fid=23329332407569234
If the link doesn't work just google -google search apk- website is android police mirrors located there.
Update: downloading google search 3.2(see above link) seems to have fixed pico tts, and voice search on keyboard now seems to work( either that or bigsupersquid fixed it with last build)Also I now have Google now, never used it before seems cool

Last edited: