[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2][OS2SD/internal]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

I am officially retiring the Fly- on mod. Thought I had removed it by typing "uninstaller" in terminal emulator, went through several command executions and I got the statement " fly on mod has been completely removed" I rebooted and still noticed lag and no ads. Checked installation and still there. Had to restore to eliminate it completely. I'm just a N00b so there may have been an easier way to be sure but it was beyond me. Thank goodness I had a Nandroid.

Melvin Jefferson

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

Still waiting for a compatible Google+, Google Now/Search, Chrome version. And for whatever reason it reboots on me maybe 1 or 2 times a day. But everything else is fine.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

On the os2sd version have never seen the LG logo issue. I usually charge in recovery to avoid glitches if the battery is getting really low.

I am also using the os2sd version. And it was plugged in when it got into this battery discharged state. I think it was plugged into the charger rather than a usb port on the computer, but I'm not sure. One or the other seems to have a charging issue with this phone. I can't even get it into recovery mode - holding home, vol-down, power while it's turning on and off has no effect. And pulling the power cord results in the phone instantly going dead, confirming that it has completely discharged the battery. The only out seems to be charging the battery in another phone. I had noticed that the battery was pretty warm in the phone when it was charged.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Still waiting for a compatible Google+, Google Now/Search, Chrome version. And for whatever reason it reboots on me maybe 1 or 2 times a day. But everything else is fine.

Google+ is a no go so far. Google search 3.2.17 is available as a sideload apk, I have it installed and I am using the google now launcher, which I also side loaded.

Melvin Jefferson

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

Google+ is a no go so far. Google search 3.2.17 is available as a sideload apk, I have it installed and I am using the google now launcher, which I also side loaded.

Can you provide the links for both search and google now launcher because I tried to d/l it and it said I needed the latest google search

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Can you provide the links for both search and google now launcher because I tried to d/l it and it said I needed the latest google search

https://plus.google.com/+AndroidPolice/posts/3Rw84W4365y
This link has google search mirror, I used the first one. Install this first then this same website 1/2 down the page has a link to "stub" home app click on that and it has links to the google now launcher. You can upgrade to the latest version on google search from a site called 1 mobile market (takes forever). Then search for the latest version of google now launcher apk. Can't do it from the play store because for some reason does not recognize it. Honestly didn't notice the diff from the different version. Once you have the launcher installed you can swipe left to right to enable google search and all its content. Pretty cool.
Edit: downloading this also fixed google voice search so now I can speech to text via keyboard

Melvin Jefferson

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

https://plus.google.com/+AndroidPolice/posts/3Rw84W4365y
This link has google search mirror, I used the first one. Install this first then this same website 1/2 down the page has a link to "stub" home app click on that and it has links to the google now launcher. You can upgrade to the latest version on google search from a site called 1 mobile market (takes forever). Then search for the latest version of google now launcher apk. Can't do it from the play store because for some reason does not recognize it. Honestly didn't notice the diff from the different version. Once you have the launcher installed you can swipe left to right to enable google search and all its content. Pretty cool.
Edit: downloading this also fixed google voice search so now I can speech to text via keyboard

Thanks will keep you posted on details later

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I am also using the os2sd version. And it was plugged in when it got into this battery discharged state. I think it was plugged into the charger rather than a usb port on the computer, but I'm not sure. One or the other seems to have a charging issue with this phone. I can't even get it into recovery mode - holding home, vol-down, power while it's turning on and off has no effect. And pulling the power cord results in the phone instantly going dead, confirming that it has completely discharged the battery. The only out seems to be charging the battery in another phone. I had noticed that the battery was pretty warm in the phone when it was charged.
I've had warm discharging battery while plugged in, and random reboots while plugged in since the earliest versions. No consistent triggers and it doesn't happen often.
However... My charger port is fading, and my cables date back a couple to a few years. So the connection isn't always actually good.
And the kernel has to sleep before it registers charging changes, sometimes, still. Combine that with a twitchy port and you get bad charge mode status sometimes. I even have one phone that only works with one specific cable, and only if it's leaned a little sideways in the port.
The 'USB debugging' or 'USB connected' statusbar icons are more accurate indicators of cable connection than the charging mode readouts. But they only show up when connected to a PC.

Toucan4267

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Has anyone tried side-loading Google Now/search?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
*never mind... Thought I was on the last page.

Last edited:

Toucan4267

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

OK, so I've now side-loaded Google Now/Search, but although the Google Now cards load fine, search exits as soon as I hit the mic button. Anyone else with this issue?

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

OK, so I've now side-loaded Google Now/Search, but although the Google Now cards load fine, search exits as soon as I hit the mic button. Anyone else with this issue?

Mine will initialize and state "speak now" before dying. I don't think there is full compatibility/functionality with the voice search and this app obviously. Installing this did fix the speech to text on my keyboard (kii) but no where else for whatever reason.

Toucan4267

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Mine too. I can type in the blank, but that's it. The problem I've found, is Google voice typing, which is accessible from settings--language & input--keyboards. When I disable my keyboard, and only enable Google voice typing, then I get force close of Google search when I click in text boxes. It may be rom rather than app requirement related as the mic key on hacker keyboard just types a Japanese character rather than allowing voice input. If there is a way to get this working, that would be awesome.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Mine too. I can type in the blank, but that's it. The problem I've found, is Google voice typing, which is accessible from settings--language & input--keyboards. When I disable my keyboard, and only enable Google voice typing, then I get force close of Google search when I click in text boxes. It may be rom rather than app requirement related as the mic key on hacker keyboard just types a Japanese character rather than allowing voice input. If there is a way to get this working, that would be awesome.

op specifies voice input broken in hackers keyboard. Side load Latinime from the extras folder in Rom zip. Google voice search from market works for voice input on an old GB Swype beta I still use that doesn't expire.
Older like Ics roms specify sideloading specific releases of google voice recognition related software as they started drifting more into armv7 land around then.
Also...
Anytime you get repeatable app closes the logcat almost always says what crashed, what line in what file even some times.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

op specifies voice input broken in hackers keyboard. Side load Latinime from the extras folder in Rom zip. Google voice search from market works for voice input on an old GB Swype beta I still use that doesn't expire.
Older like Ics roms specify sideloading specific releases of google voice recognition related software as they started drifting more into armv7 land around then.
Also...
Anytime you get repeatable app closes the logcat almost always says what crashed, what line in what file even some times.

Prior to downloading google search no keyboard app had voice functionality, least none that I could find. bigsupersquid are you suggesting that downloading the latinime could have an effect on google search or just fix hackers keyboard voice functionality?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Prior to downloading google search no keyboard app had voice functionality, least none that I could find. bigsupersquid are you suggesting that downloading the latinime could have an effect on google search or just fix hackers keyboard voice functionality?

I don't know if voice search opens up latinime voice recognition. it used to fail but things change.
hackerskeyboard has its voice api out of date and it breaks the build so I just disabled it. It will not work no matter what you do with the prebuilt version. Source code is up if anyone wants to try to bring it up to date.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Ok so I decided to test out navigation today with google maps. Odd thing happened. Navigation began to stutter and glitch like crazy, I'm talking freezing up and responding in a VERY delayed manner, that is when it wasn't freezing up. The voice commands were just fine but the visual interface went to pot. I am overclocked conservatively 729/480 sio scheduler interactive governor. Just for giggles brought it down to 600/122. No more issues whatsoever, worked perfectly the rest of the trip. I will have to play around with overclock settings to see if I can reproduce this behavior and what the maximum is to allow smooth navigation. Has anyone else noticed this?

Toucan4267

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Ok so I decided to test out navigation today with google maps. Odd thing happened. Navigation began to stutter and glitch like crazy, I'm talking freezing up and responding in a VERY delayed manner, that is when it wasn't freezing up. The voice commands were just fine but the visual interface went to pot. I am overclocked conservatively 729/480 sio scheduler interactive governor. Just for giggles brought it down to 600/122. No more issues whatsoever, worked perfectly the rest of the trip. I will have to play around with overclock settings to see if I can reproduce this behavior and what the maximum is to allow smooth navigation. Has anyone else noticed this?

Yes, actually, just a few hours ago, and I'm overclocked 768/245 (Today, processor was 39% at 768, 6% at 600, 15% at 245, and 31% offline if anyone's interested). Very behind and glitchy. Was going to try and load the version I had with froyo. Going to look it up, but anyone know of a good way to keep apps like maps from auto-updating?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Yes, actually, just a few hours ago, and I'm overclocked 768/245 (Today, processor was 39% at 768, 6% at 600, 15% at 245, and 31% offline if anyone's interested). Very behind and glitchy. Was going to try and load the version I had with froyo. Going to look it up, but anyone know of a good way to keep apps like maps from auto-updating?

look on xda, there's an older version of maps for the adreno 200. No up to date binaries from Qualcomm, we were lucky to even get ICS libs before Q obsoleted the msm7627... so newer versions of maps (nav included) glitch and cr*p out.
I wish google would release their source instead of hiding it for all those armv7 'proprietary' pieces of junk they won't hand over. We could have all kinds of stuff... people who know what they're doing would build it for armv6.
and in play, under settings, turn off auto update.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Ok not just me then. I'll have to test more, but seems like lowering cpu settings to the default during navigation smooths out any glitches. I have tested lower CPU settings ( though not this low) before and really have not noticed any change in performance. At 768/480 I get random FC's. So I alternate between 748/729 for max and 245/480 min. I am beginning to wonder if lower settings are better. Can anyone else confirm that running 600/122 fixes the glitchy navigation?

Toucan4267

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Just installed my titanium backup of maps with separate navigation (6.14.4). Will post again after testing. Also just lowered clock to 748/245. We'll see if stability improves.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz