[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2][OS2SD/internal]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

Going to try wifi-timer app and set it to go on at like 3:45 am and off at 7:00 am, so it comes on a few hours before my alarm is set to go off. Only problem is which clock will the app use?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Going to try wifi-timer app and set it to go on at like 3:45 am and off at 7:00 am, so it comes on a few hours before my alarm is set to go off. Only problem is which clock will the app use?
it sets the system clock.
when I have lag, system clock is correct but lock clock and widget clock and desk clock and statusbar clock can all have different or the correct time.

Toucan4267

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Interesting stuff! I'll probably have to try this ClockSync app. Today I decided to backup my Froyo install, then fully wipe and reload BSS's KitKat internal on my phone. First thing I loaded was Mounts2SD, so I could link every folder that app can to a 3.1 GB ext4 partition (/system /data /cache, a few other folders). Haven't restored any apps yet... got to have dinner first then decide what I'll put back on from my Titanium backup pile. May load the fly on tweaks, as linking via Mounts2SD slows app loading somewhat for me.

Mounts2SD does basically what my scripts do. My scripts tho are a little more customizable, in that I've been able to choose what part of system, data, which apps, etc., I move. I can then leave on internal (and even move between internal partitions) the stuff that'll run best on internal.

The drawback is I don't have enough know-how to build an app to manage it. It just does what it does. I (as well as anyone else with even minimal knowledge of Linux bash scripts) can rewrite it, but that's it.

I've finally figured out why my zips weren't flashing, so my scripts are ready to flash. Just got to upload them. Will do so within the week, hopefully within the next day or two, maybe tonight if I can just do a quick enough double check of things.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Had spare turned off for a day. Turned back on (no internet connection) and clock was right on the money. Still had 100% battery.
FYI: ZV4 with Fly-On Mod tweak, CPU at 480-729

Posted via Android Central App

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Mounts2SD does basically what my scripts do. My scripts tho are a little more customizable, in that I've been able to choose what part of system, data, which apps, etc., I move. I can then leave on internal (and even move between internal partitions) the stuff that'll run best on internal.

The drawback is I don't have enough know-how to build an app to manage it. It just does what it does. I (as well as anyone else with even minimal knowledge of Linux bash scripts) can rewrite it, but that's it.

I've finally figured out why my zips weren't flashing, so my scripts are ready to flash. Just got to upload them. Will do so within the week, hopefully within the next day or two, maybe tonight if I can just do a quick enough double check of things.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

I moved system and data back to internal. That's after reading a few comments on XDA. Runs faster + fly on tweaks @ 480-729. Current ROM version heats up less, yes!

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Had spare turned off for a day. Turned back on (no internet connection) and clock was right on the money. Still had 100% battery.

interesting. maybe I'll try airplane mode without the sync app. the radio log is full of "nitz " not needing to update the time...

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Andy, do you mean turned off as in phone off or just screen off in airplane mode/data off? If it had to reboot then time would be correct as a reboot syncs the time. If not then you may be on to something, though toggling airplane mode on off also will at times sync the clocks.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

interesting. maybe I'll try airplane mode without the sync app. the radio log is full of "nitz " not needing to update the time...

After using the wifi timer app still had lag(alarm failed to go off) but this time when I toggle wifi off time instantly syncs. With the ClockSync app it seems when there is lag(which greatly decreased) the mere act of toggling wifi on or off syncs the clock. I'm stumped, must be multiple confounding variables, network, wifi, battery levels, memory, deep sleep state leading or contributing somehow.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Phone was physically turned off.
Also wanted to let bigsupersquid know that the battery stats seem to be right on (he was having problems with this a while back).
I still have never had this clock lag bug/problem that seems to be bothering others, but a reboot might help y'all out every now and then.
FYI: I always wipe and format everything (including the sd ext)but the SD card before flashing. When I had the external version, I wiped and formatted everything I could wipe and format (including all the sd ext's), but the SD card.
I don't know if this is what is making the difference, or if it's my ZV4 baseband V.
I also always check the md5 sum of the download before I flash.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

nah, mine's zv4 and I reboot multiple times a day.
and I've had lag on every single test version thru current.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

What if the clock lag is being caused by having so many different clocks, trying to sync at once, so some get stuck while the phone is sleeping and cant access the networks(3G or wifi) to sync, which is why the system clock is correct, and andy is having no clock lag due to no data connection? Maybe if thats the case, then somehow tying all the clocks into one universal clock app would be a work around??

My clock lag would be several hours apart(once was 15+ hours off) from each clock at times, but ever since ive got into the habit of turning data on/off, my clock lag has vanished, so its definitely gotta be linked to the data connection.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Phone was physically turned off.
Also wanted to let bigsupersquid know that the battery stats seem to be right on (he was having problems with this a while back).
I still have never had this clock lag bug/problem that seems to be bothering others, but a reboot might help y'all out every now and then.
FYI: I always wipe and format everything (including the sd ext)but the SD card before flashing. When I had the external version, I wiped and formatted everything I could wipe and format (including all the sd ext's), but the SD card.
I don't know if this is what is making the difference, or if it's my ZV4 baseband V.
I also always check the md5 sum of the download before I flash.
Thanks Andy, I also have the zv4 baseband and as bigsupersquid indicated with his I also reboot at least once a day. While this is just an annoyance for me( just set my IPad's alarm if I want reliability) to others who may depend on the phone to get them up it may be a deal breaker. The symptoms also appear ought of nowhere, usually during periods when deep sleep or inactivity occur. The ClockSync app addresses a related problem of android operating systems running about 16 seconds offset the atomic clock in Switzerland. So when it hits a threshold it syncs the clock and seems to wake up the phone into sync, though somewhat improved the lag remains to varying degrees. Could just be you have not had your phone on continuously long enough, or you're just that good, lol.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

What if the clock lag is being caused by having so many different clocks, trying to sync at once, so some get stuck while the phone is sleeping and cant access the networks(3G or wifi) to sync, which is why the system clock is correct, and andy is having no clock lag due to no data connection? Maybe if thats the case, then somehow tying all the clocks into one universal clock app would be a work around??

My clock lag would be several hours apart(once was 15+ hours off) from each clock at times, but ever since ive got into the habit of turning data on/off, my clock lag has vanished, so its definitely gotta be linked to the data connection.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
Interesting observation, but since there is only one system clock which remains consistently correct then the problem seems to be the conveying of the information to the other apps trying to sync (from the system clock) and not the data transfer, otherwise the system clock would also be off at least part of the time. My wild uneducated guess would be that this is a problem inherent in this version of Android, but I'm not a programmer so it's my 1 cent worth. Your Idea of the singular clock app is worth trying though, do you have any suggestions on an app?

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Going to try Nitestalkr 's Idea with an alarm app called timely. It's supposed to sync from the "cloud" and work across all devices. Ideally it will work despite the phone lagging.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

what I've mostly noticed is that the system clock is never off even a whole minute.
use date in terminal to read system clock without an app.

Last edited:

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

what I've mostly noticed is that the system clock is never off even a whole minute.
use'date in terminal to read system clock without an app.
10-16 seconds off by my calculations. The other thing I noticed when trying out the timely app is that ClockSync (upon synchronization)!fixed the status bar clock but left the system clock offset. Upon trying the timely alarm and with the status bar clock in a state of lag the alarm did not go off, darn it!!!

Melvin Jefferson

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

Im currently using Timely also and not having any issues except when its not operating

Toucan4267

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

dradzanowski

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site

I got this onto my opti s, however it's giving me the funny language options. Azerbazanka or something, and then something in Arabic I think. No option for English. I saw this fixed in another thread somewhere, but I can't find that post. How do you get English on?

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

I got this onto my opti s, however it's giving me the funny language options. Azerbazanka or something, and then something in Arabic I think. No option for English. I saw this fixed in another thread somewhere, but I can't find that post. How do you get English on?
I assume you are on the internal version? If so I think there was a problem with getting rid of the azebarjani and Chinese language. If memory serves me right just ignore and hit "next". If you go to "optimus v all things root "guide written by AndyOpie150 There is reference to this under the internal KitKat rom guide.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon