[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2][OS2SD/internal]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

I got this onto my opti s, however it's giving me the funny language options. Azerbazanka or something, and then something in Arabic I think. No option for English. I saw this fixed in another thread somewhere, but I can't find that post. How do you get English on?
weird. skinbark's last did that when he manually stripped languages. my last was built en-US only and shouldn't have other languages even as remnants.
I'd suggest reflashing...
but I'll look into it anyway. first report yet of this one.

Allen Jones1

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site

I got this onto my opti s, however it's giving me the funny language options. Azerbazanka or something, and then something in Arabic I think. No option for English. I saw this fixed in another thread somewhere, but I can't find that post. How do you get English on?
you need to install rom, reboot system. then reboot to recovery and flash gapps... for some reason if you flash rom and gapps together this sometimes happens

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

you need to install rom, reboot system. then reboot to recovery and flash gapps... for some reason if you flash rom and gapps together this sometimes happens
I usually get a nasty crash installing gapps without a reboot on internal build. OS2SD, now works if you flash gapps immediately.

Melvin Jefferson

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

So what settings in clocksync will keep the clock running on time?

Also lately the phone has been overheating alot which causes the device to autoreboot often. And that's while on the charger

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

the only thing I've seen keep the clock on time consistently, is having the desk clock open set to analog so it shows the second hand, with screen never sleep while plugged in set in developers settings, and plugged in. forces it to update every second, but the statusbar clock still lags and I don't know if the alarm works this way or not.
//edit
tested. no alarm. deskclock was screen on and accurate all night but statusbar clock froze and alarm failed.

Last edited:

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

So what settings in clocksync will keep the clock running on time?

Also lately the phone has been overheating alot which causes the device to autoreboot often. And that's while on the charger

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
What are your cpu settings set to, anything above 729/480 causes random reboots for me.

Melvin Jefferson

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

Could Skinnys Gapps be the culprit to why GSearch & G+ arent working as well as they should?

Im debating on swaping between the gapps. What is the difference between trhe official and Skinny's?

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Go to the third post in this thread. Try the pa_gapps.
The CyanogenMod Official Gapps are way to big to fit on the V

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Go to the third post in this thread. Try the pa_gapps.
The CyanogenMod Official Gapps are way to big to fit on the V
hee, hee. Not on OS2SD!
I'm using the 'stock' (biggest package) gapps from [GAPPS][4.4.x/4.3.x] OFFICIAL 0-Day PA-GOOGLE APPS (All ROMs) [2014-03-29] - xda-developers.
the zip alone is 289.5 MB
my system partition usage is 428 MB
All I did was remove Chrome, Earth, optional folder, and the aosp keyboard/lib.
A few things FC on boot, and every now and then, but no biggie.
Now works grand except for voice input. even 'listen to tv' works.
Movies looks like it's playing on a higher-res device somehow. They gave me a free 7-min cartoon and it looked AWESOME.
YouTube doesn't use the browser. It streams nice and looks good in HD. Drive, Keep, Hangouts, Maps (much less glitchy with the whole package! but still EGL errors and big glitches sometimes.) GenieWidget(News and Weather,) and QuickOffice all work.
I still haven't tested everything yet, but aside from being a horrid nasty battery sucker with either 3g or wifi on (it will die overnight if not plugged in) and data miner, it's lots of fun. I've run it I think at least a week now.
the pieces I delete are like g+, totally armv7 dependent crashing pieces of ****.
stuff like Now I leave in because enough of it works to ignore the force closes.
things like Play Games I can't test because I'm still unwilling to set up a g+ profile.

Last edited:

Melvin Jefferson

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

hee, hee. Not on OS2SD!
I'm using the 'stock' (biggest package) gapps from [GAPPS][4.4.x/4.3.x] OFFICIAL 0-Day PA-GOOGLE APPS (All ROMs) [2014-03-29] - xda-developers.
the zip alone is 289.5 MB
my system partition usage is 428 MB
All I did was remove Chrome, Earth, optional folder, and the aosp keyboard/lib.
A few things FC on boot, and every now and then, but no biggie.
Now works grand except for voice input. even 'listen to tv' works.
Movies looks like it's playing on a higher-res device somehow. They gave me a free 7-min cartoon and it looked AWESOME.
YouTube doesn't use the browser. It streams nice and looks good in HD. Drive, Keep, Hangouts, Maps (much less glitchy with the whole package! but still EGL errors and big glitches sometimes.) GenieWidget(News and Weather,) and QuickOffice all work.
I still haven't tested everything yet, but aside from being a horrid nasty battery sucker with either 3g or wifi on (it will die overnight if not plugged in) and data miner, it's lots of fun. I've run it I think at least a week now.
the pieces I delete are like g+, totally armv7 dependent crashing pieces of ****.
stuff like Now I leave in because enough of it works to ignore the force closes.
things like Play Games I can't test because I'm still unwilling to set up a g+ profile.

Thanks and I'm going to use the stock pa_gapps

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Thanks and I'm going to use the stock pa_gapps
they worked fine for me. mount /system before flashing (and they won't fit on internal.)
you can pick out apks from it and install them manually by sideloading if you're on internal build. except libs (*.so) have to go in /system/lib, chmod 644.

Melvin Jefferson

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

they worked fine for me. mount /system before flashing (and they won't fit on internal.)
you can pick out apks from it and install them manually by sideloading if you're on internal build. except libs (*.so) have to go in /system/lib, chmod 644.

So if I'm on the OS2SD version which one would be better to use?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

So if I'm on the OS2SD version which one would be better to use?
I like the newer one better. They update all the time... if you look at that page they have various sizes of gapps and list what is in each.
Mostly, remember to take out the libjnilatinime.so and LatinIME.apk or your keyboard'll FC all the time.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I have on my phone and testing a wrapper widget for old-school voice search to google Now search. Pushbutton widget or long-press search button.
It took me forever (days) to get it working because I've never made an android app or widget before.
I did not decompile anything but built it all frankenstein-monster style from logcat, plus bits and pieces of tutorials, samples, and stackoverflow tidbits.
Once I feel it's relatively stable it goes up on xda as a beta. probably tonight. tomorrow.
//edit: it seems to be working ok except "navigate (location name)" wants enter pressed in the opened search to offer the nav app. for some dumb reason only search results show up automatically for that specific command.
other commands work ok so far.

Last edited:

Toucan4267

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Working pretty good so far, good transition right into search, nice work bigsupersquid.

Seems great to me too, although I haven't had the chance to fully test it yet. Fix the navigation issue, and any other bugs that pop up (you got beta testers now), then put it on the play store, and you gladly have my dollar. Great work!

One thought, if you could figure out how to make it into an app as well, that'd be nice as it'd fit in folders.

Some other random thoughts regarding the ROM:
I'm using an ext4 partition for my mount scripts, as I think y'all are with OS2SD right? Have you considered disabling journaling? I've heard different things about disabling sd card journaling, and was thinking about it for my scripts. I used ext2 for my scripts on REBORN, and loved it, but as CWM reformats as ext4, I've used it instead. Speed seems better, but I'm noticing things that I think a journaling-less format would benefit from. I may have to reflash a script to turn off journaling each time anyway tho, which would be annoying. Thoughts?
I've just noticed some compass issues on the most recent build. Not sure if they existed on previous build or not. Anyone else have a simple compass app to test?
One more thing: I liked the previous launcher as I could 4x4 icons seems more aesthetically pleasing than 3x4. Any way to change this?
Also, bug fix for my scripts to be posted soon, so anyone considering (I don't think I've had anyone yet) should wait till version 0.2 is released.
Night y'all!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

...<moved to app thread>...

Some other random thoughts regarding the ROM:
I'm using an ext4 partition for my mount scripts, as I think y'all are with OS2SD right? Have you considered disabling journaling? I've heard different things about disabling sd card journaling, and was thinking about it for my scripts. I used ext2 for my scripts on REBORN, and loved it, but as CWM reformats as ext4, I've used it instead. Speed seems better, but I'm noticing things that I think a journaling-less format would benefit from. I may have to reflash a script to turn off journaling each time anyway tho, which would be annoying. Thoughts?
I've just noticed some compass issues on the most recent build. Not sure if they existed on previous build or not. Anyone else have a simple compass app to test?
One more thing: I liked the previous launcher as I could 4x4 icons seems more aesthetically pleasing than 3x4. Any way to change this?
Also, bug fix for my scripts to be posted soon, so anyone considering (I don't think I've had anyone yet) should wait till version 0.2 is released.
Night y'all!

I have considered turning off journaling. It's a simple terminal tweak if I remember correctly, or you do it by reformatting a partition in shell once it's been created, I forget which.
I turned it off during my Linux chroot experiments. Had a few corruption issues but could've been the card. There's a new flash-block filesystem type out I looked at and forgot what it's called too. Never did any evaluation.
you can type 'fstrim -v <path to mounted ext filesystem>' in terminal to clean up NAND issues a little.

the compass is indeed messed up. I mentioned it somewhere once. The rotation works great now, all the tilt sensor, the gps, but the compass only reads within 30-45 degrees out of the whole 360. The actual g-sensor for acceleration may not be responding right either.
I need to look at the ami304d code in the kernel again. I really didn't know what I was doing when I started porting the kernel (learn as you go) and it may be partially patched or something.

Toucan4267

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

The compass is indeed messed up. I mentioned it somewhere once. The rotation works great now, all the tilt sensor, the gps, but the compass only reads within 30-45 degrees out of the whole 360. The actual g-sensor for acceleration may not be responding right either.

No big deal. I just tried Google Sky Maps the other day trying to find Mars (supposedly, now is a great time to get a look at it). That's about the only app I'd really want working compass for as most nav apps calculate direction based on GPS motion anyway. Wanted to make sure the bug was mentioned though if it hasn't been already.
Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae