[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

Redchigh

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

I've gone through 2 sandiskclass 4 8gb cards...>.>
The first one seemed to just wipe itself and become unreadable, while this one the os2sd Data stopped mounting properly, and whatever the problem, it seems to be spreading and keeping the whole card from being readable little by little...

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

I've gone through 2 sandiskclass 4 8gb cards...>.>
The first one seemed to just wipe itself and become unreadable, while this one the os2sd Data stopped mounting properly, and whatever the problem, it seems to be spreading and keeping the whole card from being readable little by little...
Ok, these are the steps recommended by bigsupersquid to install this correctly. Cross reference to see if you may have missed a step that's causing corruption.
1. Partition or format sd card( TechVendetta recovery has it as an option, real easy)
2. Reboot Recovery
3. Flash Rom
4. Reboot system- wait for rom to load all the way
5. Reboot recovery
6. Flash Gapps
7. Reboot system
8. Sign into google/sync
9. Reboot
There is no need to mount/un mount stuff if you follow this. Try one more time if you missed steps and see how it goes.
This really is an awesome ROM

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

The brand of SD card makes a huge difference. Sandisk class 4 is probably the best bet. Tried other Micro SD and they were terrible, either causing general instability or terrible lag/crashes.

+1^

Posted via Android Central App

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Ok, these are the steps recommended by bigsupersquid to install this correctly. Cross reference to see if you may have missed a step that's causing corruption.
1. Partition or format sd card( TechVendetta recovery has it as an option, real easy)
2. Reboot Recovery
3. Flash Rom
4. Reboot system- wait for rom to load all the way
5. Reboot recovery
6. Flash Gapps
7. Reboot system
8. Sign into google/sync
9. Reboot
There is no need to mount/un mount stuff if you follow this. Try one more time if you missed steps and see how it goes.
This really is an awesome ROM

+1^
You can also use Mini Tool Partition Wizard to set up partitions. This is the best way, and allows for better control over the partition sizes. Requires a little more experience, but I can walk you through it if you want to try it.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Here is an apk from paranoid android which gives a "sneak peak" for notifications. With the phone off when you get a notification the phone screen is activated and you get a preview of the text,kind of like an iphone. Seems to work so far, will have to test for stability.
https://github.com/lzanita09/NotificationPeekPort/releases
Edit: once APK is installed enable both settings. Still in BETA but seems to work. Pretty cool.
Edit: working well, make sure to choose time out screen under settings the default is 5 sec but it somehow unchecked itself. I set it to 10 sec and it's notifying me of emails and texts, way cool. Did have 1 episode of the dreaded " quick peek has stopped working" when I ran low on RAM but for the most part works great.

Last edited:

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

For anyone wondering, the quick peek apk I posted above is only for 4.4, not sure if it will bork something on any other version

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2][OS2SD/internal]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

Would it be okay to dirty flash this over skinbark's KitKat ROM for the Optimus S? I'd hate to have to go through having to reinstall everything and getting Mounts2SD going all over again (it was a pain in the nuts before).

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Shinkenred, probably not. There are some differences with squid's current version. Best bet is a clean wipe and flash, then restoring apps with Titanium, as that usually works with linked apps. Sometimes Link2SD or Mounts2SD doesn't always do all the links, so you may have to manually relink some restored apps. Usually happens with big apps.

Personally, I'd tell newbies to stay away from Mounts2SD as it doesn't link as cleanly as Link2SD does AFAIK. Besides, Link2SD already does data linking. The only thing it doesn't do is link obb files, but I don't run anything on my V that requires large apps anyway (I've gone minimalist with my KK V setup)... not really made for it either... not running Dead Trigger on it anytime soon LOL! :D

GreenImp

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

Does WiFi tethering work & bluetooth on your version? I didn't see a list of working/not. =/

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Does WiFi tethering work & bluetooth on your version? I didn't see a list of working/not. =/
the working/not is listed as 'everything/clock lag.'
Still has clock lag... the statusbar clock sometimes refuses to refresh until data toggled, clock app opened, or system rebooted. The alarm runs off of the statusbar clock. The system clock works fine, and the lockscreen clock, and various app clocks.
Currently working: I believe everything else. Post issues. With logcat/dmesg preferably.
in other words, yes and yes.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Somewhat off topic but the lg Volt is on sale now Virgin Mobile for $179 4G LTE "spark" 1 gig Ram , Kit Kat , 4.7" inch screen and a bunch of other goodies. Did I get it NOPE, going to wait till my optimus V dies( which at this rate may be never) or 3G is completely obsolete, but I was really tempted there for about 5 minutes...

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

I hear you. Got a spare V in 2011 for when this one dies so I could make it until Virgin Mobile Gets 4G LTE in my area. Neither one hase happened yet.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

I hear you. Got a spare V in 2011 for when this one dies so I could make it until Virgin Mobile Gets 4G LTE in my area. Neither one hase happened yet.
We have LTE in my area, but most of the time I have access to wifi, so kind of redundant I'm my scenario. Still, the LG volt is the only phone in Virgin Mobile's roster that is LTE Spark capable and from what I have read the download speeds are beastly. Also I am surprised at the price point, initial offered up at $179. If they drop it to the 120-130 range I may take the plunge, who knows we may be seeing the next Optimus V in the making here.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

I been on the evo 3d and droid razr m lately but my experimenting with them keeps getting me into trouble lol. I'm back on my Optimus V again due to messing up my RAZR M. I couldn't ask for a better backup phone. After all I've done to it I find it almost unbrickable. I'm running an Optimus V on page plus running LS670ZVJ firmware lol and wouldn't you know it the Optimus is right up to date as far as Android version goes. It's amazing how far this thing can be pushed by innovative and determined developers

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

I been on the evo 3d and droid razr m lately but my experimenting with them keeps getting me into trouble lol. I'm back on my Optimus V again due to messing up my RAZR M. I couldn't ask for a better backup phone. After all I've done to it I find it almost unbrickable. I'm running an Optimus V on page plus running LS670ZVJ firmware lol and wouldn't you know it the Optimus is right up to date as far as Android version goes. It's amazing how far this thing can be pushed by innovative and determined developers

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

600mhz chip, 400mb RAM, 140 mb internal storage, doesn't sound like much on paper but yeah it is amazing that this little phone is right up there with the big boys in terms of software and innovation. It is unbrikable and unbreakable. I cannot think of another device that has gone from Froyo through KitKat not loosing much stability or functionality along the way.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

daffy_duck_nj said:
Shinkenred, probably not. There are some differences with squid's current version. Best bet is a clean wipe and flash, then restoring apps with Titanium, as that usually works with linked apps.

I see. The only thing is that getting Link2SD or Mounts2SD set up and running everything properly has been a bit of a nuisance on my Optimus S. Even TB has been quite catty lately - it won't complete batch backups (it goes to a certain point, gets screwy to where I either kill the app myself or the device crashes and reboots itself, then it repeats...but it handles individual backup jobs fine).

So I would have to wipe and start again after all. *groan* That's...just...Prime.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

I use Root Uninstaller for all apps that I don't need data backed up. I only backup those apps with Titanium that I need to save the app data.
After a fresh install I just go to Root Uninstaller folder on the SD card and install the apps I want, then use Titanium for the apps that I needed to save the app data.
Less hastle that way, and a lot less apps to install from Titanium (which doesn't like to restore some apps).

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

How is that working for you? What are the costs? Coverage area?

Coverage is awesome! Just like Verizon and cost not bad either 29.99 a month. The biggest problem is it only has 500mb of data for the that price. Works for me since I'm on wifi 90% of the time