[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.3][OS2SD/internal]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

had to drop optimizations to -O2 for internal as-is or it won't fit. The -O3 added 9Mb to the zip for os2sd, more when unpacked.
I can probably swing the -O3 on a more minimal internal system, and move some internal apps to /data.
Experimentation first.

This fits well with my overall plan to have a part-internal part-ext OS2SD system. Enough on internal partitions to boot and have really basic functionality if the card fails, but not much more.

Melvin Jefferson

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.3][OS2SD/internal]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

For some reason I cant find a link to the old Skinny that works (Android Keyboard shows up but no Google Services or Play Store)

I'm doing a dirty flash of 06-08

Going to try 06-09 now

11:43 - Cant add a Google account yet

12:20 - Finally got it going, GooglePS & Play Store are cooperating! (used Skinny gapps 4.4 sd) Looks good so far! :cool:

Thanks Squid!

Last edited:

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+KERNEL][CM-11.0][4.4.2]KitKat for Optimus V

The gapps stuff is definitely confusing. Would someone please provide a step-by-step for that?

I flashed skinny and then pa_gapps, but I'm getting:
Unfortunately, Setup wizard has stopped.​

Some filesystems need to be mounted in the recovery for the final flash, but not the initial one? Why the difference?

And when you say, "sign into google google account and let it complete sync", I assume that this is for people that are using google to sync their apps and data? For those of us doing it manually with titantium, this step is not necessary, correct?

1. install skinny_gapps
2. install pa_gapps
3. install full gapps (from here? Google Apps - CyanogenMod)

Is it possible to get an explanation of what each of these steps is accomplishing? How does installing the previous gapps allow the final, full gapps to be installed?

Also, what, if anything, still needs to be removed from any zips before they are flashed?

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

I am writing up the install steps I'm following from start to finish. I guess I will try to go back to skinny gapps.
In previous realeases, we would stop at skinny gapps and that would be it. What is being accomplished with the other gapps packages. I seem to be able to install apps with just skinny gapps on the phone.

Patiently waiting - take your time...

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

1) old skinny gapps do work... For now. I was afraid 4.4.2 versions might bork things up.
2) the 4.4.3 version of the skinny gapps (same files new versions) is well over 20Mb. Ouch.
3) the reason I say to log into google and let it sync is so it'll download what it sees as the 'correct ' play services (gms core) which HAS to be current befoe play will download any other apps.
More later, still on phone.
Later=after work I'm afraid.

//edit: a bit more.
Use pa_gapps from the thread I linked.
Take out system/lib/libjni_latinime.so, or you'll be Sooo-rrrrry.
Use his remover zip for google+ or anything else you don't want.

Mounting /system or /data in twrp isn't needed for os2sd rom but IS needed for flashable extra zip files with os2sd.imight have forgotten to mention the mounting system step on gapps.

Last edited:

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

1)
//edit: a bit more.
Use pa_gapps from the thread I linked.
Take out system/lib/libjni_latinime.so, or you'll be Sooo-rrrrry.
Use his remover zip for google+ or anything else you don't want.

Mounting /system or /data in twrp isn't needed for os2sd rom but IS needed for flashable extra zip files with os2sd.imight have forgotten to mention the mounting system step on gapps.

So, flash skinny gapps and then flash pa_gapps, right?

For the stripping, pa_gapps doesn't have system/lib/libjni_latinime.so so I presume you are talking about doing that in the official gapps, which does have it and I downloaded from here: Google Apps - CyanogenMod

And I'm already sorry, as I can't get past the welcome screen without errors: "Unfortunately, google play services has stopped". I may need to start all over again.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Old skinny, reboot, sign in, wait for play services to download.
Then flash stripped pa or cm or what have you.

The skinny pa I uploaded is already stripped.
Tonight I'll streamline the gapps process .

//edit: testing gapps configurations.
for stripping, also watch for libjni_unbundled_latinimegoogle.so

Last edited:

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

Sigh, somehow, I messed up my phone. I was ok until I started install other than skinny gapps.

Now, even when I wipe all the partitions in twrp and reinstall the rom, I get the error: Unfortunately, setup wizard has stopped.
I tried running the wipe in twrp.
I also ran the partition in twrp.
Then I tried installing skinny gapps again.
Same thing. And it is messed up. I can't get to the desktop, settings, or anything even if I dismiss the alert.

How do I get back to a known good state with everything wiped for install? I am not very familiar with the os2sd version of twrp so maybe I'm missing some important step related to mounting the partitions? Or are they automatically mounted if found? Do they need to have specific labels?

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Sigh, somehow, I messed up my phone. I was ok until I started install other than skinny gapps.

Now, even when I wipe all the partitions in twrp and reinstall the rom, I get the error: Unfortunately, setup wizard has stopped.
I tried running the wipe in twrp.
I also ran the partition in twrp.
Then I tried installing skinny gapps again.
Same thing. And it is messed up. I can't get to the desktop, settings, or anything even if I dismiss the alert.

How do I get back to a known good state with everything wiped for install? I am not very familiar with the os2sd version of twrp so maybe I'm missing some important step related to mounting the partitions? Or are they automatically mounted if found? Do they need to have specific labels?

How do I get back to
It takes a clean first boot without gapps or a dirty flash of working /data and wiped /system.
As far as I can tell. Internal as well.

It's an old problem... I thought it went away but no, I was just doing dirty flashes and not paying enough attention.

Sorry...

and for sure use the skinny gapps for now, it's hard to replicate the 4.4.3 ones being functional. Tweaky.
The fun of hot-off-the-hard-drive experimental software!

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

Thank you very much - I will give that a try when I get back from shopping.

No complaints at all - this is what bleeding edge is all about. Your work is appreciated!

That worked. So don't burn rom and skinny gapps at the same time - you need to boot the phone and let it come completely up. Then reboot recovery and install gapps.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I will shortly upload internal and os2sd archi-opt versions for you.
If you are happy, seriously, go push the thanks button in JustArchi's thread... but, shhhh, it's a dev thread, and they ignored my weenie question :p
so, the only benchmark I checked, linpack, no overclock(!)
internal 10.9
os2sd 11.something with my decent card

back on froyo, I remember being extremely happy getting 10 linpack with xionia kernel, overclocked as high as my phone would go at 767.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.3][OS2SD/internal][bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.3]

everybody likes things named...
well, I finally thought of one. Enjoy (or gasp in horror as you will.)
meet bigsupersquid's bigsuperROM. version thunderc-4.4.3

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Can't wait to try out the latest version! I've had to go back to using my ov regularly and its too cool that its running newer android than my much newer device.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Can't wait to try out the latest version! I've had to go back to using my ov regularly and its too cool that its running newer android than my much newer device.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
As soon as I boot and verify the hot-off-the-press -O3 internal build.
And I am testing an easy-sleazy gapps package (will be separate ones for internal and os2sd) that don't require mounting anything and contain the ota gmscore that Google sent my device on signing in. (goes to /data because it's a ridiculous 15 Mb.) The skinny gmscore is in /system because:
1) it is the smallest version I know of that works
2) a variant of the file has to be in /system for the permissions.
//edit: dang, it seems to dork itself if it's installed manually. I guess for now the old skinny gapps are the way to go.
I uploaded a copy since the other link died.

My OV is running newer software than my 3vo. Dang it. I can build and run 4.4.3 liquidsmooth for that but I've only partially patched the 3D in the framework.... apps recognize it as a 3d device and don't try to anaglyph or jitter, but the hardware accelerated 3d isn't quite patched yet. I hate obfuscation. If htc wants to hide their source code they should not obsolete the device. I WILL EXTRACT YOU, evil htc framework blobs.

//edit again: the -O3 internal is full of linker errors. I am trying a make clean and rebuild. Give an hour or so and I can test it.

Last edited:

dradzanowski

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

Amazing, I was like, okay clock lag is now a day behind for me. I need to see if an update is loaded. And lo and behold, an update! Like mana from heaven. I'm going to install as soon as I get a free day. Is there a good post # where there is easy bonehead instructions? Or is that pending someone getting to a keyboard?
Thanks for the update! I'm eager to use it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol