Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

Trying it out in a little bit :)

Sent from my ZombieKat 4.4.2-VM670 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.3

It looks like go into settings>development options, and uncheck/check Android Debugging.

Thanks Pur for testing

Works! After unxhecking and plugging in charger, you can vhevk debug on and off at will and it will still charge.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Works! After unxhecking and plugging in charger, you can vhevk debug on and off at will and it will still charge.

yep.
removed .prop to avoid that. Wanted adb active on first boot, but even with the .prop set it still wouldn't adb until checked and unchecked either.
Thanks for testing.

Internal (stock) TWRP uploaded.

pur

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site

Thank you, Mr. Squid, for solving the charging problem so quickly. I'm loving it!
...Kitkat 4.4.4 OS2SD on 8GB class 4, simply amazing.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Thank you, Mr. Squid, for solving the charging problem so quickly. I'm loving it!
...Kitkat 4.4.4 OS2SD on 8GB class 4, simply amazing.

wait till you see the next one, got all the -O3 and JustArchi's build flags kicking with Linaro 4.7 gcc.
Sizzles a bit. Poor old hardware. The browser actually competes with my HTC Evo V over wifi or 3g. (It's not OC'd at a measly 1.2GHz 2xcore, and is just ics what bites. Cm11 browser blazing fast on it.) Too bad about the armv6 incompatibilities with some of the apps.

I got a kind mod to open me up some more OP's in this thread to add the appropriate versions of certain GApps that can't be updated anymore and such, too.

New GApps uploaded! Whee!

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

the -O3 makes things bigger.
To fit skinny gapps, even on my V with its 167Mb system, I had to move tons of system apps over to data. Browser, caclulator, gallery...
Ugh.
May have to build internal -Os and only os2sd -O3. Still messing around.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

Bah. Succumbed to the Hentai Intent and flashed this new stuff on my Optimus S. So far, 4.4.4 seems pretty awesome!! That CM Account interface is pretty sweet, too. Not digging that having to uncheck-and-recheck ADB Debugging just so the thing will charge (or so a computer will recognize there's something connected to it), but I suppose that's merely a small price to pay for having something that even the Galaxy S4 doesn't have yet.

Now, for the downsides:
1. Big one: The new Skinny GApps WILL NOT install. It fails every single time I've attempted it. Luckily, I still have the old one from skinbark's ROM, and for whatever odd reason, that one installs perfectly fine. (Seems to only give the Play Store here, but that's the most important thing, ain't it?)
2. I dunno about anyone else, but this is the second time I've done a complete wipe and install - the first time was just the ROM alone, the second being ROM>Sprint Fix>GApps - but I keep getting the "Unfortunately, Themes provider has stopped" message. I haven't even *touched* the Themes Provider yet, what gives?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Bah. Succumbed to the Hentai Intent and flashed this new stuff on my Optimus S. So far, 4.4.4 seems pretty awesome!! That CM Account interface is pretty sweet, too. Not digging that having to uncheck-and-recheck ADB Debugging just so the thing will charge (or so a computer will recognize there's something connected to it), but I suppose that's merely a small price to pay for having something that even the Galaxy S4 doesn't have yet.

Now, for the downsides:
1. Big one: The new Skinny GApps WILL NOT install. It fails every single time I've attempted it. Luckily, I still have the old one from skinbark's ROM, and for whatever odd reason, that one installs perfectly fine. (Seems to only give the Play Store here, but that's the most important thing, ain't it?)
2. I dunno about anyone else, but this is the second time I've done a complete wipe and install - the first time was just the ROM alone, the second being ROM>Sprint Fix>GApps - but I keep getting the "Unfortunately, Themes provider has stopped" message. I haven't even *touched* the Themes Provider yet, what gives?
Try the newest gapps? it tells you if there isn't space. Other errors, should be in /tmp/recovery.log (or advanced >copy log to sd, then it's in /sdcard/recovery.log)
And the newest recovery that matches the version, internal (which you're using, right?) or os2sd.

If the gapps are too big, they'll say they installed, but either not completely install or bork up something else.
check your settings >phone info >partition info to see if /system is full. If so the gapps are probably too big.

And, please, post the system size it gives in that info. I need a minimum target.

And, the Sprint fix worked for you?

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

Try the newest gapps? it tells you if there isn't space. Other errors, should be in /tmp/recovery.log (or advanced >copy log to sd, then it's in /sdcard/recovery.log)
And the newest recovery that matches the version, internal (which you're using, right?) or os2sd.

If the gapps are too big, they'll say they installed, but either not completely install or bork up something else.
check your settings >phone info >partition info to see if /system is full. If so the gapps are probably too big.

And, please, post the system size it gives in that info. I need a minimum target.

And, the Sprint fix worked for you?

Yup. Completely full. System shows "158MB / 158MB". And that's with the skinny gapps from skinbark's ROM. The newest gapps, however...I hadn't paid attention to whether it said it actually ran outta space or not, but the recovery does flat out fail to flash it.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

It most likely won't fit. And I even trimmed some parts out of it.
Try moving Browser and Gallery2 from /system/app/ to /data/app with file manager in recovery after a fresh install (mount system, data; you may have to copy a folder over to data, rename it app, copy in the files, and delete the leftovers from copying.)
Then try the new internal skinny gapps and see if it says it won't fit. If not you can move more of /system/app over until you run out.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
It most likely won't fit. And I even trimmed some parts out of it.
Try moving Browser and Gallery2 from /system/app/ to /data/app with file manager in recovery after a fresh install (mount system, data; you may have to copy a folder over to data, rename it app, copy in the files, and delete the leftovers from copying.)
Then try the new internal skinny gapps and see if it says it won't fit. If not you can move more of /system/app over until you run out.

Still says it won't fit. I've already moved quite a bit to data/app, and I'm not sure what else to hit that would be safe to move. Currently says I have 7604Kb, and need 13108Kb. So that's still about six megs to go...

EDIT: Ugh!!! Went for wipe & fresh install AGAIN...it's still not fitting. After the ROM & Sprint fix, it now says I have 4488/13108Kb of free space in system. :-\

UPDATE: Still getting constant FC messages outta Themes Provider. This makes even typing a chore to do with that stupid error message popping up every other second! Also, clock lag HAS returned!!! I checked at 19:56, to check on Titanium Backup, the status bar read 18:56. Going into Date & Time settings to uncheck/recheck "Use Network Provided Time" fixed that...for how long, who knows.
Question: where's the setting that enables you to take a screenshot from the Power Menu?

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Still says it won't fit. I've already moved quite a bit to data/app, and I'm not sure what else to hit that would be safe to move. Currently says I have 7604Kb, and need 13108Kb. So that's still about six megs to go...

EDIT: Ugh!!! Went for wipe & fresh install AGAIN...it's still not fitting. After the ROM & Sprint fix, it now says I have 4488/13108Kb of free space in system. :-\
Only 158Mb of system. Ugh. Why they had different partition maps in the two firmwares evades me. The OV has 167.
I'll see about really minimizing the internal build to fit that little thing with the skinny gapps.
I like the space checker, that's why I ganked it from the pa_gapps installer. If it goes off it doesn't partially flash the gapps, which is one of the things that causes the odd fc's.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

next release will should fix adb on/off for cable connection.
It also has adb enabled by default even at first boot so I can make you dump logs to /data if you have issues. ugh, dirty flash.

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

You know if it were simpler to do I'd say you could use the Optimus V zvj guide to flash Optimus V Firmware to the Optimus S it can be done but it's rather complicated.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

You know if it were simpler to do I'd say you could use the Optimus V zvj guide to flash Optimus V Firmware to the Optimus S it can be done but it's rather complicated.
Imagine a firmware flash on weak NAND, like Shinkenred's :eek: if the bootloader flashes badly, boom. Gotta get a 'new' $10-$25 shipped phone off sleazebay.
It is a good idea, though.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Didn't know his had weak nand I've gone back and forth on my ov so many times. For a while I had Optimus V running Optimus S Firmware on Verizon network... Right now it's on zv4 though... I decided I wanted bootloader access

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I love the blue screen. So nice for testing without flashing.
And I flash the hades out of mine, too. But red's has always flashed poorly. I wonder if maybe it's that undersized /system partition too.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

158 is what mine had while running ls670zvj also and it's definitely troublesome on the jb+kk builds but os2sd has changed everything I still find it hard to believe that through your work it's running 4.4.4 cm11 almost as good as my much newer RAZR M

Toucan4267

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Only 158Mb of system. Ugh. Why they had different partition maps in the two firmwares evades me. The OV has 167.
I'll see about really minimizing the internal build to fit that little thing with the skinny gapps.
I like the space checker, that's why I ganked it from the pa_gapps installer. If it goes off it doesn't partially flash the gapps, which is one of the things that causes the odd fc's.

Here's my thought... with many pros and cons. How hard would it be to get the /system/app folders in the ROM and gapps to flash instead to /data/sdext2/system/app (i.e. the ext4 partition created by Link2SD)? If that's easily doable, I can do up something to tell the phone to look there on next boot, and something that'll enable moving it back to internal after making a few apps user instead of system apps.
Would that even save enough space?
Is the /system/app folder the space hogging culprit, or is it another folder?
Wouldn't help those on internal without an ext4 partition I know.
I don't really understand -O3, but it sounds cool, and I'd love to have it on non-OS2SD.

Edit: Even crazier idea. What if ALL of /system from the ROM could flash to /data/sdext2/system? I could create an init.d script that would move anything on /system to this new directory, and point the ROM there. Thus, we'd have a way to test what fits and what doesn't by the size of the system folder on the ext4 partition. Nothing would have to be changed in the gapps package either, as after it flashes, contents would be moved into the ext4 system folder on init.d. This all assumes that init.d scripts are run before anything from the system partition is read, which may not be the case.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech