[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

Casey Campanile

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

Squiddie, can you please put cyanogenmod Apollo into the upcoming os2sd build? It wasn't included in your 0705 build and doesn't seem to be on Google Play.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using AC Forums mobile app

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+KERNEL][CM-11.0][4.4.2]KitKat for Optimus V

it's issues like this, plus the extra installing and weird backing up, that made me come up with the os2sd in the first place.
the card failures make me want to add another os2sd mod which looks for a card install and if not present boots from internal instead.

Now that would be pretty handy for just in case the card gives way when using os2sd.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

2811da7b59899b1154f171ac751f7cae /home/ack/JBC/out/target/product/thunderc/cm-11-20140810-EXPERIMENTAL-os2sd_bigsuperROM-thunderc.zip
9d98c7ae41cabe193750065407fb6208
yep, it appears so.
I'll have to do a new build, that one has vanished.

Don't enable ART in developer settings, it's still bootlooping yet. but it does build and start to run before it kill zygote.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

alright, new one uploading. I'll test it roughly as it uploads.

the internal builds are way too big at the moment. don't even fit an OV previously-/data partition at 179MB!

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

alright, new one uploading. I'll test it roughly as it uploads.

the internal builds are way too big at the moment. don't even fit an OV previously-/data partition at 179MB!

The newer builds? The most recent seems to fit fine, 176/179. Guess its time to start slimming it down again. Possibly remove some currently broken stuff that arent working, or playing well with the OV like the printer stuff, dev launcher, and maybe slim down the boot animation, or change it, along with less tones.
Possibly could also move some system apps to data such as the browser and launcher.
You could add a 2ext script and that would help free up the data partition after moving some system apps to data.
Or find a way to merge/link parts of the cache partition to both system and/or data.
Just a few thoughts.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

newer ones I haven't released.
trimming is feasible. the only thing really broken at the moment is the still camera though.
I suspect art bits are taking up space too since it's in the repo again and I've been messing with it.

no linking or anything though, that's what the os2sd is about. the internal is as close to vanilla cm as I will get, and should remain compatible with existing linking methods... just gotta trim it to a size that'll fit an optimus S under 170MB.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

newer ones I haven't released.
trimming is feasible. the only thing really broken at the moment is the still camera though.
I suspect art bits are taking up space too since it's in the repo again and I've been messing with it.

no linking or anything though, that's what the os2sd is about. the internal is as close to vanilla cm as I will get, and should remain compatible with existing linking methods... just gotta trim it to a size that'll fit an optimus S under 170MB.

Aftet i trimmed my current set up, it comes out to 167/179. I removed the boot animation, all ui tones but the low battery, all notification tones but tweeters, all ringtones but BOOTES, all alarms but the rooster one. Apks: trebuchet(using holo hd launcher on /data) camera2(but not gallery), bluetooth and bluetoothext(i dont use bluetooth), calculator, calandersync, chromebookmarksync, picotts, Themechooser and themesprovider, vpndialog, soundrecorder, and voice dialer.

I basically try to trim as much as i can without effecting my daily use, while maintaining basic core functions.
I know many things i remove don't seem ideal to others, but its what works for me.
I may try to slim it down even further to see what is removeable and what isn't.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Aftet i trimmed my current set up, it comes out to 167/179. I removed the boot animation, all ui tones but the low battery, all notification tones but tweeters, all ringtones but BOOTES, all alarms but the rooster one. Apks: trebuchet(using holo hd launcher on /data) camera2(but not gallery), bluetooth and bluetoothext(i dont use bluetooth), calculator, calandersync, chromebookmarksync, picotts, Themechooser and themesprovider, vpndialog, soundrecorder, and voice dialer.

I basically try to trim as much as i can without effecting my daily use, while maintaining basic core functions.
I know many things i remove don't seem ideal to others, but its what works for me.
I may try to slim it down even further to see what is removeable and what isn't.

voice dialer includes /system/usr/srec which is another chunk of 2MB.
you might be able to ferret out another MB from /system/lib looking for bluetooth, srec, speex, and so on.

I think I need to chase my tail thru the chain of makefiles starting in vendor/cm/config/tiny.mk again and see what is being built that I don't want or need in there and add it to releasetools/extras.txt (or releasetools/trash.txt if it's useless.)

syguyice

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

Shinkenred: From my limited experiences with SD cards, disappearing files seem to indicate a card starting to go bad. You may want to backup everything onto a harddrive temporarily and do full read/write tests on the entire card. It maybe a good time to repartition too if no errors are found.

nitestalkr: I removed almost the same items as you do, but had to move a few of them back, e.g. camera2 for video recording to work, and gallery for media cataloging. I've been looking for a way however to change trebuchet without borking the phone due to no launcher; could you share your steps please?

superbigsquid: Thanks for the new os2sd. I would 2nd (3rd?) the idea of a thin internal build in case external sd fails, so we can still salvage whatever internal data necessary. Perhaps in that thin internal build we can remove the items nitestalkr mentioned. I'd also suggest abandoning the regular internal build at that point since it appears to be the source of much frustration, so there can be more focus on os2sd build.

Will be installing os2sd for the 1st time on my OS tonight. Thanks again!

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Shinkenred: From my limited experiences with SD cards, disappearing files seem to indicate a card starting to go bad. You may want to backup everything onto a harddrive temporarily and do full read/write tests on the entire card. It maybe a good time to repartition too if no errors are found.

nitestalkr: I removed almost the same items as you do, but had to move a few of them back, e.g. camera2 for video recording to work, and gallery for media cataloging. I've been looking for a way however to change trebuchet without borking the phone due to no launcher; could you share your steps please?

superbigsquid: Thanks for the new os2sd. I would 2nd (3rd?) the idea of a thin internal build in case external sd fails, so we can still salvage whatever internal data necessary. Perhaps in that thin internal build we can remove the items nitestalkr mentioned. I'd also suggest abandoning the regular internal build at that point since it appears to be the source of much frustration, so there can be more focus on os2sd build.

Will be installing os2sd for the 1st time on my OS tonight. Thanks again!
it'll be a bare minimum internal for basic smartphone functions to work.
I won't ditch internal until it's integrated with the os2sd and then the os2sd functions become optional instead.
The only good way to do it with any customization would be using aroma installer.

it's possible you'll have to paste the META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary from the rom to the sprint fix for it to work.

Germitty

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Hi,

The links for the current version of OS2SD cm-11-20140810-EXPERIMENTAL-bigsuperROM_os2sd-thunderc.zip only brings up an earlier version cm-11-20140705-EXPERIMENTAL-bigsuperROM_os2sd-thunderc.zip. Where can I find the latest version?

Thanks

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

The only reason i deleted camera2 is because its broken in the new build(but i kept gallery)
For changeing trebuchet, all i did was install holo hd launcher from the play store(or launcher of your choice), set it as the default, and then deleted trebuchet in /system/app.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Hi,

The links for the current version of OS2SD cm-11-20140810-EXPERIMENTAL-bigsuperROM_os2sd-thunderc.zip only brings up an earlier version cm-11-20140705-EXPERIMENTAL-bigsuperROM_os2sd-thunderc.zip. Where can I find the latest version?

Thanks
oops.
I uploaded it to another, non-shared, folder by accident.

It had issues with experimental huge dalvik .props because I was testing art... the 0812 I am uploading now to the right folder corrects the dalvik settings.

um, like I said before, don't enable art in developer settings. it WILL bootloop, guaranteed. You can battery pull or adb reboot recovery, and wipe /data to reset to dalvik though.

syguyice

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

I'm getting "Error executing update binary in zip" for TWRP2.7.1.0_multi.zip. I'm coming from the internal version of TWRP 2.7.1.0 from a month ago. Should I replace the update binary from an older version of ROM as well?

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I'm getting "Error executing update binary in zip" for TWRP2.7.1.0_multi.zip. I'm coming from the internal version of TWRP 2.7.1.0 from a month ago. Should I replace the update binary from an older version of ROM as well?

You need to change the update binary with a more recent release, such as the newer tls enabled internal build.

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

First flash TLS internal twrp. Then flash multi. This worked for me. No need to patch updater-binary.

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

I flashed the 0812 os2sd ROM zip successfully. However, I can't flash the gapps skinny os2sd.zip. First time said could not executive update-binary. So, I pulled the update-binary from the ROM zip and placed it in the /META-INF/com/google/android folder in the gapps zip. Now I get the same error only this time it also says "Unable to stat /system/build.prop. No such file or directory. How do I fix this?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I flashed the 0812 os2sd ROM zip successfully. However, I can't flash the gapps skinny os2sd.zip. First time said could not executive update-binary. So, I pulled the update-binary from the ROM zip and placed it in the /META-INF/com/google/android folder in the gapps zip. Now I get the same error only this time it also says "Unable to stat /system/build.prop. No such file or directory. How do I fix this?
it's too old and looking in the wrong partition for /system.
use Skinny_4.4_Gapps-new.zip instead.
updated OP.