[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

Tried to roll back to 6/28 os2sd build from the post-tls 8/12 os2sd one, and got the error "unable to mount: /system" after switching back to old TWRP (new TWRP complains about update binary). I imagine this is due to my phone already having the data/system partition switch; is there anyway to flash 6/28 at this stage? I just want to have a working camera here.
you'll need to repartition in old twrp then.
thanks for pointing that out, I'll update info in the OP about last stable and reverting installation.

Last edited:

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

Trying to get the os2sd up and running, but it ain't playing very nice. Just in case, do you have older versions of TWRP, gapps, & os2sd that would still work?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Trying to get the os2sd up and running, but it ain't playing very nice. Just in case, do you have older versions of TWRP, gapps, & os2sd that would still work?
look in the OPs for 'last stable' which has a link to a few posts back.
includes the twrp for it.

you can use the skinny-gapps-new with update-binary from the ROM zip for os2sd.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

bigsupersquid said:
you can use the skinny-gapps-new with update-binary from the ROM zip for os2sd.
Got'em. So how would I use the update binary? Just flash it before flashing skinny-gapps-new?

syguyice

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

Root/SuperUser doesn't seem to be all there; about half the apps that require root access I try fails by saying they couldn't find root/superuser, even with the SuperUser setting under Settings configured to allow everything. Things seem to improve a little after I flashed a new superuser from xda, but still not completely fixed. Is there a specific binary/procedure I should use to give proper/full root to apps?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Got'em. So how would I use the update binary? Just flash it before flashing skinny-gapps-new?
move it from the rom zip to the gapps zip before putting it on the card.
Root/SuperUser doesn't seem to be all there; about half the apps that require root access I try fails by saying they couldn't find root/superuser, even with the SuperUser setting under Settings configured to allow everything. Things seem to improve a little after I flashed a new superuser from xda, but still not completely fixed. Is there a specific binary/procedure I should use to give proper/full root to apps?
never seen that before.
you using internal or os2sd? more info.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

...just to be sure, how do I do that? WinZip isn't being very helpful.
hm. if winzip will work at all, it should be able to drag-and-drop.
open both zips, navigate inside to /META-INF/com/google/android/
drag update-binary from that folder in rom zip to same folder in gapps zip, close both. save if it requires it.

working on figuring out how to make twrp flash pre-tls stuff that's still recent. older update-binary doesn't make it have a fit.
got the multi switch working smoothly without recovery reboot now. Recoded politely without any 'pkill recovery' and respawn involved, and I had the extra files all confusicated and I'm surprised it even worked :p

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

hm. if winzip will work at all, it should be able to drag-and-drop.
open both zips, navigate inside to /META-INF/com/google/android/
drag update-binary from that folder in rom zip to same folder in gapps zip, close both. save if it requires it.

...scrap. That's not happening. It won't even open more than one zip at a time.

UPDATE: Now it's opening both, but I seem to have gotten the update-binary out of the 06/28 os2sd and into skinny_gapps_new. Gonna have to clear out some room from my SD card so I can make a backup of my current setup.

Last edited:

MechaFenix

May 26, 2012
Visit site

Is it worth it to create my own gapps? I find that I install the same google apps every time I break the rom or simply do a clean install. I would also like to be a little more daring like switching the mail with gmail and calendar with google calendar. One step at a time I guess.

Maybe it will make a programmer out of me, or maybe I will go bald and grow a neck beard. I don't know. It might be worth exploring.

dradzanowski

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site

TWRP works, beautiful.
However, it says "can't mount /data, install failed
Any suggestions?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

TWRP works, beautiful.
However, it says "can't mount /data, install failed
Any suggestions?
if the os2sd version you had installed predates my last changes you'll need to re partition the sdcard in twrp. sorry :/
eventually I'll put checks in twrp to let users know if their card needs partitioned for os2sd.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

Hmm. Strange. I moved the update binary from the ROM to the skinny_gapps_new, and it STILL won't work. Making matters odder, the 0628 version of os2sd won't flash at all. It says "Failed to open (filename of os2sd cuz i can't remember all that)". Ugh...seems like nothing's playing nice anymore. I switched back to CWM to restore the backup of the other ROM I was using (which said backup was made in CWM), and THAT wouldn't work...it's like nothing wants to work.

syguyice

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

I'm on the 6/29 os2sd build. Reflashed superuser a few times with different versions, now it seems to work with most of my root apps, except for SU Update Fix, which I have since removed. It's usable for now with working camera, albeit seemingly a bit slower. I went through old posts and it seems that between 6/29 and 7/5+later builds, there were some library speed ups and wallpaper fix (fuzzy on the details). I also noticed some accelerator issues when using compass or racing games that use tilting for steering. Are there other issues in 6/29 os2sd I should watch out for?

On a side note, I'm liking the os2sd builds much better than internals, which allowed me to install a lot more apps/games, including some old school 2D beat-em-ups that runs very smoothly.

dradzanowski

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site

Oh, I switched over to Internal version (which is what I wanted anyway).
It installs okay, and it boots, which is nice.
However, I cannot flash the sprint fix. They come up with error executing updated binary in (zip file address)
Update: tried the update binary switch, now the md5 is complaining at me. Checked the names of them, they're the same.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Oh, I switched over to Internal version (which is what I wanted anyway).
It installs okay, and it boots, which is nice.
However, I cannot flash the sprint fix. They come up with error executing updated binary in (zip file address)
Update: tried the update binary switch, now the md5 is complaining at me. Checked the names of them, they're the same.
yeah, you'll either have to redo the md5 file or delete it from the card. I'll look at all that, haven't checked it out in a while. Especially internal which has been a real PITA since the system grew 30MB or so unexpectedly.
I'm on the 6/29 os2sd build. Reflashed superuser a few times with different versions, now it seems to work with most of my root apps, except for SU Update Fix, which I have since removed. It's usable for now with working camera, albeit seemingly a bit slower. I went through old posts and it seems that between 6/29 and 7/5+later builds, there were some library speed ups and wallpaper fix (fuzzy on the details). I also noticed some accelerator issues when using compass or racing games that use tilting for steering. Are there other issues in 6/29 os2sd I should watch out for?

On a side note, I'm liking the os2sd builds much better than internals, which allowed me to install a lot more apps/games, including some old school 2D beat-em-ups that runs very smoothly.
the last kernel release should fix your accelerometer problems. But there's no current binary uploaded. And I haven't tested HardLight's aav6 gerrit push of 3.0.101 yet enough to drop it out there immediately. It works ok in recovery but I haven't tried it in a rom yet.

not to mention whether the tls-enabled kernel with the accel fix will work with the last good internal release. I dunno. Let me look into all of it over the next day or so and I'll see what I can hash out.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

ugh, it's so hard to get focus and time in on upkeep.
HardLight pushed kernel upgrade to 3.0.101 and f2fs. It seems clean enough...
hard to build another release yet. twrp needs stabilized for f2fs.
still haven't figured out the camera except the thunderc codecs are funny and maybe camera should be built from source again.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

Take your time with it, man. You'll get it all sorted out in due time. Cuz you're a beast like that with the development.

Eh? Scrap. Tried that new TWRP multi_v4...it refused to install anything. Internal mode had the update binary error with the 0704 internal version, and os2sd mode simply won't touch the 0628 os2sd version. It fails to open. The other TWRP recoveries have the same problem. They won't touch 0628 at all...

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance