[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

Fun thing to try:

This hasn't crashed noticeably on me and seems to speed things up.
Enough testers without obvious negative results and I'll incorporate it into the base ROM.
Maybe with a backend for the functional, included automagically, CrossBreeder in it.
Takes maybe 3MB of /system.

★ [MOD] ◢ PurePerformances™X ◣ | Siri Edition | Scary performances on your Ace

It does stuff before the bootanimation so don't freak about the extended black screen booting up.

Hey bss, sorry, i don't want to get off topic here, but i flashed back to MiRaGe rom to try out this Mod that you posted on the first page. It downloads along with the uninstaller, but when i try to copy and paste to the root of my sd card i keep gettin ( operation failed, file not found ) i've tried this several times to no avail. I tried posting in that thread on XDA but i don't have enough posts on XDA so they won't let me, maybe that's why the download of the files don't work? Dunno any ideas? Thanks in advance! ;)

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Take your time with it, man. You'll get it all sorted out in due time. Cuz you're a beast like that with the development.

Eh? Scrap. Tried that new TWRP multi_v4...it refused to install anything. Internal mode had the update binary error with the 0704 internal version, and os2sd mode simply won't touch the 0628 os2sd version. It fails to open. The other TWRP recoveries have the same problem. They won't touch 0628 at all...
you'll have to use the twrp that's the same age as the 6/28. the link to it is posted.

Hey bss, sorry, i don't want to get off topic here, but i flashed back to MiRaGe rom to try out this Mod that you posted on the first page. It downloads along with the uninstaller, but when i try to copy and paste to the root of my sd card i keep gettin ( operation failed, file not found ) i've tried this several times to no avail. I tried posting in that thread on XDA but i don't have enough posts on XDA so they won't let me, maybe that's why the download of the files don't work? Dunno any ideas? Thanks in advance! ;)
xda doesn't require membership at all for downloading... they say it's to cut spamming.
here, I grabbed this from that thread some time back.
View attachment PurePerformances™X_CM.1.4(1).zip

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

Thanks, still can't copy and paste to the root of my sd card, says operation failed? Never had a problem like this. :(

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, still can't copy and paste to the root of my sd card, says operation failed? Never had a problem like this. :(
do you have an external reader? or maybe try mounting the card in recovery instead of the ROM (or vice versa).

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

do you have an external reader? or maybe try mounting the card in recovery instead of the ROM (or vice versa).

No card reader, maybe i'll try tomorrow, 3g slower than a herd of turtles, or its this rom, anyway i'm done fartin around with this thing tonight...time to kick back,drink some beer and watch the nascar race!!! too aggrevated with how slow everything is:(

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Thanks bigsupersquid, i mounted in recovery and it installed. I got a little scared, it took awhile to reboot, but then i remembered you saying that it would.;) I looked in the system files and seen a default.prop right below build.prop, then under system/etc there is a new crossbreeder folder, also some extra files in init.d. I read on xda that this will work with the Fly-On mod, i hope so cause i had that already installed?

Thanks for sharing this [MOD] ;) i'll let you know if there are any noticeable improvements or ill effects. I have to read that thread again on xda, i have adfree adblocker, but this mod is supposed to have adblocker built in, i guess that could cause conflict i dunno.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Thanks bigsupersquid, i mounted in recovery and it installed. I got a little scared, it took awhile to reboot, but then i remembered you saying that it would.;) I looked in the system files and seen a default.prop right below build.prop, then under system/etc there is a new crossbreeder folder, also some extra files in init.d. I read on xda that this will work with the Fly-On mod, i hope so cause i had that already installed?

Thanks for sharing this [MOD] ;) i'll let you know if there are any noticeable improvements or ill effects. I have to read that thread again on xda, i have adfree adblocker, but this mod is supposed to have adblocker built in, i guess that could cause conflict i dunno.
another goodie is that fivefour published his CrossBreeder control app... allows switching some functions on and off. I suspect it should work with other mods including CB like pureperformances.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

for the camera, a test build has yielded the logcat info of bad autofocus.
try in camera settings -> more settings -> focus mode -> infinity.
then fc the camera in apps.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

you'll have to use the twrp that's the same age as the 6/28. the link to it is posted.

Yeah...the "TWRP2.7.1.0_os2sd_v4.zip", right? That isn't playing nicely with the 06/28 os2sd OR the Skinny_gapps_new. The ROM simply refuses to flash, and I've downloaded it several different times, all with the same result - "unable to open" error. The gapps behaves oddly, usually, it gives the updater binary error, and sometimes, it fails to flash, thinking that the ROM isn't a 4.4.x one...for whatever odd reason.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Yeah...the "TWRP2.7.1.0_os2sd_v4.zip", right? That isn't playing nicely with the 06/28 os2sd OR the Skinny_gapps_new. The ROM simply refuses to flash, and I've downloaded it several different times, all with the same result - "unable to open" error. The gapps behaves oddly, usually, it gives the updater binary error, and sometimes, it fails to flash, thinking that the ROM isn't a 4.4.x one...for whatever odd reason.

eww.
well, the big breakage on the recent release is the camera... it can be mostly fixed by opening the settings in camera and changing the focus mode to infinity or macro, which works fine unless you try to take a picture first..., then you have to set the focus mode and then switch to videocam and back to still camera.
as long as it's not set to autofocus it works fine without any messing with it, and it'll remember that setting between boots even.
you might try that recent twrp and os2sd in case nothing else is beyond usability in the last release... otherwise, I'm still trying to sort out segfaults with older binaries that worked fine on previous recoveries like in the anykernel zips.
when the gapps fail to flash while they complain about it, there's nothing in /system.... or at least no build.prop.

Last edited:

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

eww.
well, the big breakage on the recent release is the camera... it can be mostly fixed by opening the settings in camera and changing the focus mode to infinity or macro, which works fine unless you try to take a picture first..., then you have to set the focus mode and then switch to videocam and back to still camera.
as long as it's not set to autofocus it works fine without any messing with it, and it'll remember that setting between boots even.
you might try that recent twrp and os2sd in case nothing else is beyond usability in the last release... otherwise, I'm still trying to sort out segfaults with older binaries that worked fine on previous recoveries like in the anykernel zips.
when the gapps fail to flash while they complain about it, there's nothing in /system.... or at least no build.prop.

I'll give it a go with the newest ones, then...hopefully they work at last, because making a backup of my current setup (BeanWhiz) hasn't been playing nicely, either...having to start over every time is a pain, lol.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

well, no new build yet.
dalvik broke on repo sync.
get it out there soon as possible. next release will be last for a little while. got stuff to do, and really want that 3d on my evo, but my time has been in the thunder* phones for a while now. I'm not going to hang it up for the next little while without a release I consider mostly stable.

//edit: yay, building again after new repo sync. assuming testing goes well ext4 os2sd goes up within a couple hours. //editedit: testing going less than well but figuring out issues. slowly getting there, eta evening if it continues to repair.
//editeditedit: built all the way again, yay. updating the kernel headers in the build and building libcamera instead of using the lge version hopefully will fix the broken autofocus rather than me having to disable it entirely.
//editetc: dang surfaceflinger segfaults, digging into it again. be at least evening before it works.

by the way, was looking at current multirom which uses kexec to boot whatever the hades kernel needed for multiboot roms. if it was to port politely over to the thunder phones in its current state, like it did before tasssadar went all gnarly and upgraded past the point I was able to follow along with at the late 2011/early 2012 timeframe, it would completely obsolete OS2SD as it follows the same concept, only way better and much more refined.

Last edited:

syguyice

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

Bigsupersquid, a side question when you take a break: What's the device for your next project? Maybe I'll buy it and follow along, as I really like what you've done for the ancient optimus.

I'm rocking the 6/29 os2sd while waiting for the latest release, although am quite happy as is, except for the quirky accelerometer. If I can fix that then I wouldn't even need to upgrade to the latest. Anyone (maybe other than bss, don't want his brain to explode, at least not until after the release) knows a way, perhaps a library file switch somewhere?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Bigsupersquid, a side question when you take a break: What's the device for your next project? Maybe I'll buy it and follow along, as I really like what you've done for the ancient optimus.

I'm rocking the 6/29 os2sd while waiting for the latest release, although am quite happy as is, except for the quirky accelerometer. If I can fix that then I wouldn't even need to upgrade to the latest. Anyone (maybe other than bss, don't want his brain to explode, at least not until after the release) knows a way, perhaps a library file switch somewhere?

I'll upload you a kernel package for that tonight whether or not i get a working build up.

aside from the optimus s/v/one, I'm working slowly on my virgin mobile evo 3d.
if Polaroid ever coughs up kernel source (three years now they haven't) I'll jazz up my pmid10c, and there's also a Motorola triumph in house that needs upgraded and a WiFi only Samsung galaxy 3 I'm not yet interested in at all even though there's no kitkat for it... the galaxy actually runs pretty well on stock jellybean.
all the other devices have really pathetic stock software, especially the Polaroid.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

check the kernel folder for updated 3.0.101 r6.0 kernel tuned to and including ami304d binary. if your accelerometer is not buttery smooth after that I'll eat my meat hat.
for os2sd use the TLS MTDswap version.

syguyice

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

Thanks Bigsupersquid, although I couldn't seem to find the kernel folder... Below is the link I used from the 1st page, also checked a few more pages front and back and don't see other links:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BypDFSwT9owBYk5LSEF4Ni12Q3c&usp=sharing#list

Would this be a zip file that I could flash, or to replace a file somewhere using TWRP's file manager?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Thanks Bigsupersquid, although I couldn't seem to find the kernel folder... Below is the link I used from the 1st page, also checked a few more pages front and back and don't see other links:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BypDFSwT9owBYk5LSEF4Ni12Q3c&usp=sharing#list

Would this be a zip file that I could flash, or to replace a file somewhere using TWRP's file manager?
the kernel folder is linked in the OP of the kernel thread.
it's a zip file to flash in recovery. replaces the kernel, wifi module, and accelerometer middleware binary blob.