[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

omgitsMATT

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
For what it's worth Shinkenred, we have the same symptoms exactly. I'm going to have to try that tablet mode thing though, it sounds nice

Last edited:

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
That's funny, I thought I got worse clock lag problems with the wifi turned off, almost like the wifi was keeping it from going to sleep or something, killing battery but keeping the clock correct.

Just goes to show that devices really ain't created equal. If I have Airplane Mode enabled, the clock seems to work just fine...but like I said, it somehow *still* misses alarms. No idea why that is.

syguyice

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
An observation about WiFi: only 1 is allowed. I previously reported the phone doesn't search for wifi access points; in fact, it doesn't search for *anything* when there's already 1 wifi network configured. To search for other wifi access points, I have to remove that wifi network, or manually add another. If a wifi is manually added, only the 1st (aka newest, top) entry in the wifi list will be attempted; all others are ignored and not even scanned. In a way, the phone is almost treating WiFi like cell tower. This may also (partially) explain why I keep getting "cell standby" as the highest battery user on my phone, even when it's in airplane mode.

Bigsupersquid: can you share which sd cards you tried failed, and which one works fine? I'm still getting those slowdown symptoms, and maybe I'll just have to shell out for that wonder card you have...

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I have no wifi issues. Kick off one remembered network, it grabs another, and it scans like 10 in my neighborhood too.
weird.

Currently a lexar 16Gb, but two of those stunk, and I suspect off-brand knockoff copies.

Advise buy new at reputable source. Supposedly wall-e-world (the wonderful wal of mart, as much as I hate to send any money their way) has decent cards.
Class 4 suposed to be better than the fancy high-write-speed 10s and such. I have used decent HS and regular cards. Sandisk ok too.

Maybe try ext4 version, f2fs is an unknown variable at this point.

Soon I will drop an updated micro-internal build (dumbphone with everything else in extras folder) and new os2sd builds all with hopefully ram-hogging reduced and minor fixes.

BradN2

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Probably F2FS has less problems from higher speed cards.

I'd recommend, buy some SD card from walmart, buying them online is almost sure to get you something fake/not working if you go for a good price.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Probably F2FS has less problems from higher speed cards.

I'd recommend, buy some SD card from walmart, buying them online is almost sure to get you something fake/not working if you go for a good price.
bought a couple cruddy 16GB 'lexar' cards at BigLots. slow, glitchy, with f2fs, seemed ok on ext4. you may be onto something there.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Big Lots is still around out there? WOW...the one near me went out of business earlier this year, got replaced with a furniture store this week.

Walmart...ugh...they don't seem to like having *sales* on their memory cards...I can never find a decent one for cheap in-store. They have SanDisk cards for fairly cheap on their website, but in-store? No dice. Sucks because I'd really like to get my paws on a nice 32GB one...without breaking the bank for it.

omgitsMATT

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I think Pittsburgh has 2 or 3 Big Lots, at least 2. I used to buy my blank DVDs from there, until I found out they're cheaper on Amazon and I can cherry pick the factory they were made from, meaning I can get better quality discs

The day after I bought my TrakPhone and loaded a year's worth of minutes on it I fell into a Samsung Galaxy Note II, it just needed a screen replacement but after I fixed that it looks and runs like new. With so much development going on with this phone I think it's time for me to retire my LG Optimus V VM670

I wanna say a quick thanks to you guys in this thread here in particular before I say good bye , with your help and even past discussions (because I've been lurking months prior to even posting) I was able to grasp things I never would have figured out anywhere else because you're so damned polite and patient, so thank you. :)

syguyice

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Took a while to backup and prepare, but finally did the dalvik patch (thanks) while resizing partitions. Have not noticed freezes yet; no improvements to other issues. Another thought after big's reply; the major difference between our phones is that mine is sprint. I would likely need to wait for the updated sprint patch for fix my wifi issues.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know why Google+ keeps force closing?

yes, google proprietary builds are somewhat crap nowadays. Mostly armv7 stuff. earth never ran on armv6; google+, maps need old versions; search doesn't completely work without turning off voice controls;
buried in this thread is a link to the last working (armv6) release of G+ mentioned by the p500 guys.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
ugh
bringing skinny gapps up to date totals 42MB. The current gms core the phone updates to is over 25MB alone.
It'll just fit on internal on a V but I dunno how to do it on an S. Probably have to use the oldest skinny gms core and just let it update manually after signing in.

siryoink

May 11, 2013
Visit site
sprint patch is messed up, but it should only mess up messaging.
Can you post a logcat to pastebin?
oh, and thewraith420 would know better, but maybe you need the zvd-zvj patch:

I'm currently running the ZVJ radio, but I've had to switch between the two to try various roms. From the mention of it in the OP, I assumed yours was using the ZVJ baseband? I'm currently running ZVJ based Danterom. Also, I've already flashed back, but if there's a log file needed I can try again and post the log here. What directory is the logfile stored in?

My post count isn't high enough to link it here, but I'm going to PM you a link to a fix I've used when I've broken MMS messaging on my sprint phone flashing other ROMs. Might be what's needed to fix it in yours for Sprint phones.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Ah, baseband.
Optimus V runs on zv4 zv5 and zv9 or can be forced to sprint basebands with much hassle.
Zvj needs new ril system files i think.

The sprint/verizon/ting etc mms fix, if you want to patch it in manually before i get around to fixing it:

Use the old fix as a donor. Put eri.xml from data zip folder to /data (and copy system/usr/keylayout over too if your menu/home buttons are reversed.)

delete /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db

Open your current build.prop and only change the carrier lines to match the build.prop in old fix.
Sprint version:

ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Sprint
gsm.sim.operator.alpha = Sprint
gsm.operator.alpha = Sprint
ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310120
gsm.sim.operator.numeric=310120
gsm.operator.numeric=310120

Make sure to chmod 644 the fixed build.prop before rebooting.

Anyone willing to post working prop settings for ting or others, I'd be appreciative.
I have plans to put carrier in the settings instead of this hassle but need more complete info to minimize debugging.

newest sync fixes lockscreen text centering that was bugging y'all. internal running fine. release soon.

Last edited:

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I made the switch to os2sd a couple weeks ago, and after using f2fs for sometime now ive noticed the RAM becomes completely used up after installing a small handful of apps. At most I see an average of 8-15mb free RAM space, and this causes some serious sluggishness. I'm OC'd at 864/640/performance, and threw on Pure performance, but haven't had much of an improvement. Is there anything I can do to severely clean up some RAM space without having to uninstall any apps, or manually stopping apps from 'manage apps' in settings(only able to reach ~40mb free after stopping everything), any mods/zip fixes i can use?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I made the switch to os2sd a couple weeks ago, and after using f2fs for sometime now ive noticed the RAM becomes completely used up after installing a small handful of apps. At most I see an average of 8-15mb free RAM space, and this causes some serious sluggishness. I'm OC'd at 864/640/performance, and threw on Pure performance, but haven't had much of an improvement. Is there anything I can do to severely clean up some RAM space without having to uninstall any apps, or manually stopping apps from 'manage apps' in settings(only able to reach ~40mb free after stopping everything), any mods/zip fixes i can use?

it's not just f2fs, the internal I've been trying has the same ram hogging issue.
try this zip forlatest f2fs version.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...superrom-thunderc-4-4-4-a-50.html#post3929137
not perfect but helps a little.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Have you tried the Fast Reboot app? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.greatbytes.fastreboot Makes my phone much snappier, helping the low ram problems with our phone, andy swore by this little app and was a requirement using the [MOD] Bean_Whiz .

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995