[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm not entirely sure if there's any open source mods for screen recording or not. I only found out about it when I saw it in GravityBox (kk) from Xposed (http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.ceco.kitkat.gravitybox). Also when I was looking at some of the other modules, I found something similar to LG's Knock Code, but the screen must be on for it to work. I dug a lil more into that and found out that it may actually be possible to get Knock Code working on our phones with some serious Kernel level hackery.

I may not be able to do much work myself when it comes to ROM/kernel building (yet!), but I can do some mad research and come up with potential project ideas.

There's a lot of nifty stuff in Xposed that may be worth playing around with. Xuimod is one of my favorites so far cause it allows you to re-animate almost everything in the ROM.

Update: I found some possibly useful info about screen recording. I just tried the adb method, and came back with the "error unable to create encoder input surface (err=-38)" message, which apparently means that it thinks we are using an Android Emulator rather than an actual physical phone, as indicated here: http://www.stevenmarkford.com/android-video-screen-capture-with-kitkat-sdk/

Update 2: Found this in the p500 forums over at xda, but have yet to test it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1593983

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm not entirely sure if there's any open source mods for screen recording or not. I only found out about it when I saw it in GravityBox (kk) from Xposed (GravityBox [KK] | Xposed Module Repository). Also when I was looking at some of the other modules, I found something similar to LG's Knock Code, but the screen must be on for it to work. I dug a lil more into that and found out that it may actually be possible to get Knock Code working on our phones with some serious Kernel level hackery.

I may not be able to do much work myself when it comes to ROM/kernel building (yet!), but I can do some mad research and come up with potential project ideas.

There's a lot of nifty stuff in Xposed that may be worth playing around with. Xuimod is one of my favorites so far cause it allows you to re-animate almost everything in the ROM.

Update: I found some possibly useful info about screen recording. I just tried the adb method, and came back with the "error unable to create encoder input surface (err=-38)" message, which apparently means that it thinks we are using an Android Emulator rather than an actual physical phone, as indicated here: Android Video Screen Capture with KitKat SDK

Update 2: Found this in the p500 forums over at xda, but have yet to test it: [APP] Z-ScreenRecorder (record your screen) | LG Optimus One, P500, V | XDA Forums
logcat adds:
I/OMXClient( 3841): Using client-side OMX mux.
I/SoftAVCEncoder( 3841): Construct SoftAVCEncoder
E/SoftAVCEncoder( 3841): internalSetParameter: StoreMetadataInBuffersParams.nPortIndex not zero!
E/OMXNodeInstance( 3841): OMX_SetParameter() failed for StoreMetaDataInBuffers: 0x80001001
E/ACodec ( 3841): [OMX.google.h264.encoder] storeMetaDataInBuffers (output) failed w/ err -2147483648
I/ACodec ( 3841): setupVideoEncoder succeeded
E/OMXNodeInstance( 3841): createInputSurface requires COLOR_FormatSurface (AndroidOpaque) color format
E/ACodec ( 3841): [OMX.google.h264.encoder] onCreateInputSurface returning error -38
W/MediaCodec( 3841): createInputSurface failed, err=-38
I/OMXClient( 3841): Using client-side OMX mux.
I/SoftAVCEncoder( 3841): Construct SoftAVCEncoder
E/SoftAVCEncoder( 3841): internalSetParameter: StoreMetadataInBuffersParams.nPortIndex not zero!
E/OMXNodeInstance( 3841): OMX_SetParameter() failed for StoreMetaDataInBuffers: 0x80001001
E/ACodec ( 3841): [OMX.google.h264.encoder] storeMetaDataInBuffers (output) failed w/ err -2147483648
I/ACodec ( 3841): setupVideoEncoder succeeded
E/OMXNodeInstance( 3841): createInputSurface requires COLOR_FormatSurface (AndroidOpaque) color format
E/ACodec ( 3841): [OMX.google.h264.encoder] onCreateInputSurface returning error -38
W/MediaCodec( 3841): createInputSurface failed, err=-38
D/ScreenRecord( 3841): failed
testing that app now. //nah, can't get it to run. starts up, 'downloading codecs', fails, crashes.

Last edited:

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Looks to meme that OMX is missing a lot of codec bits needed for screen recording. Then again, I don't know much about how to read a logcat, or entirely how OMX works. Haha

Yea, same thing happened to me when using that app, I may look into an alternative method of grabbing that codec, later today.

Last night I was messing with the good ole android screencast.jnlp on windows. I managed to record a short video using it, just as a test, and despite its crappy fps, it may be something worth looking into, or finding better and more improved alternatives for now. Possibly dig into some of its coding since it is Java based and confirmed to be working.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Looks to meme that OMX is missing a lot of codec bits needed for screen recording. Then again, I don't know much about how to read a logcat, or entirely how OMX works. Haha

Yea, same thing happened to me when using that app, I may look into an alternative method of grabbing that codec, later today.

Last night I was messing with the good ole android screencast.jnlp on windows. I managed to record a short video using it, just as a test, and despite its crappy fps, it may be something worth looking into, or finding better and more improved alternatives for now. Possibly dig into some of its coding since it is Java based and confirmed to be working.

interesting.... I see why it doesn't crash, it's using no hardware decoding at all.
see:
Code:
	int index = 0;
int indexInc = rawImage.bpp >> 3;
for (int y = 0; y < rawImage.height; y++) {
for (int x = 0; x < rawImage.width; x++, index += indexInc) {
int value = rawImage.getARGB(index);
if (landscape)
image.setRGB(y, rawImage.width - x - 1, value);
else
image.setRGB(x, y, value);
}
}
It's using the slowest possible way of doing it, a pixel-by-pixel RGB value copy from buffer to buffer.
I /might/ be able to figure something out but I think fighting the old GB codecs in might be a way to go.
Just dropping them in does nothing of use.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
interesting.... I see why it doesn't crash, it's using no hardware decoding at all.
see:
Code:
int index = 0;
int indexInc = rawImage.bpp >> 3;
for (int y = 0; y < rawImage.height; y++) {
for (int x = 0; x < rawImage.width; x++, index += indexInc) {
int value = rawImage.getARGB(index);
if (landscape)
image.setRGB(y, rawImage.width - x - 1, value);
else
image.setRGB(x, y, value);
}
}
It's using the slowest possible way of doing it, a pixel-by-pixel RGB value copy from buffer to buffer.
I /might/ be able to figure something out but I think fighting the old GB codecs in might be a way to go.
Just dropping them in does nothing of use.

Well that explains why it has such a low fps. Maybe after once you get it partially functioning on a basic level, things could be slightly tweaked to improve it's practicality with slightly higher fps. Without being too terribly demanding on the phone of course. I can only imagine how much ram needs to be hogged for in ROM screen recording at slightly higher frame rates.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
...what the deuce!? Well, this is just plain odd.
1. The 10/18 version would install just fine, but it wouldn't boot at all. After the LG logo, the screen would just go "dark" (it isn't black...more like blue) and do nothing. No CM11 boot screen or anything.
2. The 10/25 version won't even install. I get the following:
" set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/000root/cm-11-20141025-EXPERIMENTAL-ext4_os2sd_bigsuperROM-thunderc.zip'
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/000root/cm-11-20141025-EXPERIMENTAL-ext4_os2sd_bigsuperROM-thunderc.zip' "

Now, the updater binary shouldn't be an issue for TWRP v2.8.0.0, right? But what gives with the set_metadata_recursive thing? Guess it's back to the 09/06 version for the time being...

...damn!! Spoke too soon, now even the 09/06 version is behaving the same way as the 10/18...it installs perfectly, but it won't boot!!

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
...what the deuce!? Well, this is just plain odd.
1. The 10/18 version would install just fine, but it wouldn't boot at all. After the LG logo, the screen would just go "dark" (it isn't black...more like blue) and do nothing. No CM11 boot screen or anything.
2. The 10/25 version won't even install. I get the following:
" set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/000root/cm-11-20141025-EXPERIMENTAL-ext4_os2sd_bigsuperROM-thunderc.zip'
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/000root/cm-11-20141025-EXPERIMENTAL-ext4_os2sd_bigsuperROM-thunderc.zip' "

Now, the updater binary shouldn't be an issue for TWRP v2.8.0.0, right? But what gives with the set_metadata_recursive thing? Guess it's back to the 09/06 version for the time being...

...damn!! Spoke too soon, now even the 09/06 version is behaving the same way as the 10/18...it installs perfectly, but it won't boot!!
did you format your system and data as ext4? the f2fs is broken.

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I get to the set-up screen, press "start" and then it says "Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped." What should I do?

I can't mount /data and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I use EaseUS to partition and it doesn't have an option for ext4. Would "Swap Size:" in TWRP Partitioning make a ext 4?

Last edited:

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
There shouldn't be a setup wizard.
flash the newest pa_facilitator to get rid of it.

Thanks again!

I can't add my google account. I keep getting "There was a problem communicating with Google servers." What am I doing wrong?

Also, can the camera no longer auto focus?

Last edited:

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again!

I can't add my google account. I keep getting "There was a problem communicating with Google servers." What am I doing wrong?

Try connecting to a wifi ap. Maybe you're data signal strength is too low.

You can configure the focus settings in the camera app. I myself don't use and removed the stock camera/gallery in the ROM so I cannot confirm if auto-focus is functional. I prefer "HOLO camera/gallery+" more than stock, it has more features/customization and produces better quality photos.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again!

what Gapps did you use? make sure and only use either official pa_gapps from the thread linked in the OP, or just the pa_facilitator, which is the bloated current version of the most basic gapps... gmscore, services framework, backup transport, partner setup, vending, bookmark and calendar sync plus permissions.
other gapps may do funny things. my package is based on pa_gapps, as it's the most current and best constructed I've found, and it may not work with others. they will most likely all have armv7 files unless you get them from another armv6 device.

the autofocus is broken. dunno why. it focuses but there's an error trying to take the shot. it's disabled because it'll just freeze the camera.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
well, eventually, got dashplayer in. QCMediaPlayer still gripes about something missing but can't tell what.
the cool thing is that dashplayer, with the proprietary OMX stuff tossed in, now streams mp4s through gallery's video player.
I'll keep testing/tweaking and eventually release a version with this.

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
what Gapps did you use? make sure and only use either official pa_gapps from the thread linked in the OP, or just the pa_facilitator, which is the bloated current version of the most basic gapps... gmscore, services framework, backup transport, partner setup, vending, bookmark and calendar sync plus permissions.
other gapps may do funny things. my package is based on pa_gapps, as it's the most current and best constructed I've found, and it may not work with others. they will most likely all have armv7 files unless you get them from another armv6 device.

the autofocus is broken. dunno why. it focuses but there's an error trying to take the shot. it's disabled because it'll just freeze the camera.

I flashed "Skinny_4.4_Gapps_new_internal" and then "pa_facilatator". Should I be using "pa_facilitator.zip.md5sum" and "Skinny_4.4_Gapps_new_internal.zip.md5sum"?

Will the "HOLO camera/gallery+" have auto focus or does disabling auto focus mean it won't work on any apps period?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I flashed "Skinny_4.4_Gapps_new_internal" and then "pa_facilatator". Should I be using "pa_facilitator.zip.md5sum" and "Skinny_4.4_Gapps_new_internal.zip.md5sum"?

Will the "HOLO camera/gallery+" have auto focus or does disabling auto focus mean it won't work on any apps period?

the skinny gapps aren't up to date anymore. You could just use the pa_facilitator alone.
In the last week google pushed new vending and gms core to my phone, so I need to update the facilitator yet again. It'll work as base gapps until I update it though. You'll just get a download of the new ones to /data/app

and I think autofocus is completely disabled. I didn't turn it off in the app, it's shut down in libcamera.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. That sucks. Okay, so I should get the pa_gapps to replace the skinny gapps for use with the 10/25. Gonna have to try that...here's hoping it helps, because even after having switched data & system back to ext4, the ROM still won't boot at all. :/

UPDATE 1459: ...wutdafuq!? So...following the flashing directions precisely (ROM>Sprint Fix>pa_gapps>pa_facilitator), the installation went fine...but once again, it won't boot!! After the LG screen, it goes into the blue/black screen and just sits there...it's been that way for nearly 15min...

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. That sucks. Okay, so I should get the pa_gapps to replace the skinny gapps for use with the 10/25. Gonna have to try that...here's hoping it helps, because even after having switched data & system back to ext4, the ROM still won't boot at all. :/

UPDATE 1459: ...wutdafuq!? So...following the flashing directions precisely (ROM>Sprint Fix>pa_gapps>pa_facilitator), the installation went fine...but once again, it won't boot!! After the LG screen, it goes into the blue/black screen and just sits there...it's been that way for nearly 15min...
hmm.
let me look at the updater-script and make sure it's flashing the boot.img

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz