[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I'll see what I can do to get a logcat up for you.

Hmmm...were you ever able to get a Sprint Fix going that was compatible with the ROM & that boottest? I could be wrong, but I'm guessing maybe my phone was getting a bit sick of pretending it's a similar device...
Nope, sorry... haven't had much time to work on fun software for a while. The build I'm using is cr*p. Just too lazy to download the last stable one.
See if you can get that logcat and I can give you a better idea what is going on.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
development stalled.
it's the holidays, the time of year when everybody and their brother demands I fork out money whether I have it or not. and so I have zero time for recreation or entertainment, until probably February.
"happy" holidays and a big genuine "bah humbug" to all.

syguyice

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Happy holidays & thank you for all the fun this year! (Still rocking 9/6 os2sd even with its tiny quirks. Any chance we can improve upon and stabilize 1 build before updating to latest libs and such? (Coming from someone with no knowledge of android development whatsoever.))

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Happy holidays & thank you for all the fun this year! (Still rocking 9/6 os2sd even with its tiny quirks. Any chance we can improve upon and stabilize 1 build before updating to latest libs and such? (Coming from someone with no knowledge of android development whatsoever.))
I should revert to that build myself.
I'd like a stable new build too! just haven't had time.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Ugh. That command for gettin' the logcat via Terminal doesn't wanna work: soon as I press enter, all that happens is that another command input line shows up as if I didn't do anything.

Also, video playback doesn't seem to work no matter what, the Gallery won't do it, neither will apps like MX Player. It struggles and then says it can't play the video. (These are mp4 & 3gp videos)

UPDATE2014Dec20: Well, well. Looks like I was WRONG about that aLogcat app!! Here, I got two different ones for you, both copied to pastebin. (I *thought* it wasn't trying to save, but it actually DID, didn't realize this until I connected to the computer)
1. From 12/18, 6:56pm: http://pastebin.com/iLKykQeT
2. From 12/19, 8:49pm: http://pastebin.com/G3GDYdcm

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Ugh. That command for gettin' the logcat via Terminal doesn't wanna work: soon as I press enter, all that happens is that another command input line shows up as if I didn't do anything.

Also, video playback doesn't seem to work no matter what, the Gallery won't do it, neither will apps like MX Player. It struggles and then says it can't play the video. (These are mp4 & 3gp videos)

UPDATE2014Dec20: Well, well. Looks like I was WRONG about that aLogcat app!! Here, I got two different ones for you, both copied to pastebin. (I *thought* it wasn't trying to save, but it actually DID, didn't realize this until I connected to the computer)
1. From 12/18, 6:56pm: LG Optimus S Logcat 01 - Pastebin.com
2. From 12/19, 8:49pm: LG Optimus S Logcat 02 - Pastebin.com
that is some really ugly logcat.
location its fcing.

two things to check
sometimes dirty flash causes gapps forcecloses.
also try
mount
in terminal and look for /cache, maybe it's not mounting.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Oh wow...okay, here's some more logcat to munch on, this from just a few minutes ago. Play Store keeps crashing on me (and this is after the device rebooted itself a couple times and I forced a reboot via battery pull earlier today), no idea why. I had some other logcat entries, but I decided to just pop this one up.

LG Optimus S Logcat 03 - Pastebin.com

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Oh wow...okay, here's some more logcat to munch on, this from just a few minutes ago. Play Store keeps crashing on me (and this is after the device rebooted itself a couple times and I forced a reboot via battery pull earlier today), no idea why. I had some other logcat entries, but I decided to just pop this one up.

LG Optimus S Logcat 03 - Pastebin.com
Play really needs /cache too.
my cm11 repo is Borked up right now or I'd've already rebuilt the boottest boot.img earlier today. was thinking of you and your poor temperamental phone running my experimental stuff.

clwilliams6

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'll take a clean cm11 repo =)

So if I'm going to pick a version for keeps, which would you favor if any?
The f2fs, ext4, or ext2 version? I haven't noticed a particularly "better" one as far as battery life or stability goes.
I seem to prefer the ext4 version, but I'm not sure why.
They are all super cool in that I can pretty much load as many apps as I like, and run pretty much anything not designed for the Optimus V on the ol' Optimus V.
But I have run into enough situations where the phone will randomly reboot - (well, it isn't really random; I am asking the phone to do stuff it was never designed to do like run Kitkat and Seti-at-Home (just kidding) and perhaps overclock a smidge) - but it's happened regular enough to put a fair crimp into attempts at coherent texting or otherwise communicating. Of course, a reboot invariably happens when I'm at the store getting an urgent update to the grocery list from my wife or something else equally critical, and so I've elected to keep the hot rodded VM670 at home and use the boring stock version for actual communicating. Geez, if I hear that Virgin Mobile startup tune one more time...

I'm unwilling to give up, I think I'm always on the verge of discovering that perfect combination of SD card, partition space, app use etc and the phone will just settle down and work. Yes, battery use is an issue - but there's not much I can do about that - and I can deal with it.
It'd be great to hear your opinion on this - I get the sense that there might be one of those flavors that has the least W.I.P., and is maybe most likely to be stable? Maybe not, but I'd like to hone in on one, and it's always good to get as much info as possible before making a choice =)
Thanks Sr. Squid

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
not f2fs, that kernel had issues.
ext2 didn't seem to really improve over ext4.
the old September "stable" version is probably best for now.

finally bear-wrestled another transmission into my tracker and changed all the other parts but the flywheel I'm aware of it wanting after being abused by previous owners then sitting eight months with two transmissions on the floor. which gives a chance I can do more rom work before too long, once landline internet back up for repo sync.

dradzanowski

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Alright, took a running screaming leap into OS2SD. I've got some time while the wife is out of town to fiddle with it.
Here's my big problems.
1. /data won't wipe. It's just not mounting for some reason. Kinda freakin me out.
2. I'm guessing it has to do with data not wiping, but I'm not even getting a CM logo spinning. How long should it be a black screen after LG? I'm not even sure I saw LG logo load...I think I did though. I know it said it takes a looong first boot, but there should be a CM logo right?

Specs:
LG Optimus S, running TWRP fresh download, followed instructions to a T from first posts, partitioning went fine. Install looked like it went fine, "successfull" at least on the readout. Did the sprint fix as well.

Any advice for when I go in on Monday to work on this bad boy? I feel it in my bones that this'll be the time.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Alright, took a running screaming leap into OS2SD. I've got some time while the wife is out of town to fiddle with it.
Here's my big problems.
1. /data won't wipe. It's just not mounting for some reason. Kinda freakin me out.
2. I'm guessing it has to do with data not wiping, but I'm not even getting a CM logo spinning. How long should it be a black screen after LG? I'm not even sure I saw LG logo load...I think I did though. I know it said it takes a looong first boot, but there should be a CM logo right?

Specs:
LG Optimus S, running TWRP fresh download, followed instructions to a T from first posts, partitioning went fine. Install looked like it went fine, "successfull" at least on the readout. Did the sprint fix as well.

Any advice for when I go in on Monday to work on this bad boy? I feel it in my bones that this'll be the time.

let me go over the instructions again and test some things and I'll post back later.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
...it's always good to get as much info as possible before making a choice =)
Thanks Sr. Squid
http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...superrom-thunderc-4-4-4-a-45.html#post3839548
is the post with the archived 'most stable' version. by the way.
and you might want to look at androidarmv6 gerrit (and the merged tab too,) for cm12 stuff. if you want to play. I haven't touched it for quite a while.
I read on xda that they almost have art working and thus relatively near booting some devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000