[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

Toucan4267

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey Squid,

Got the latest internal running now with my Toucanscrypt and it is SICK! The changes since I last updated are amazing! Did get stuck on one thing tho.

Had to edit my script slightly due to partition swap, and noticed in the process that my script is struggling to mount /system rw with the same command that worked in earlier versions. A log I got running is throwing all these "rm: can't remove '/system/...': Read-only file system" errors. Any thoughts? Here's the line that worked before:

Code:
# remount rw
busybox mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock6 /system
busybox mount -o rw,remount -t rootfs rootfs /

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
for the changes, gotta thank Androidarmv6 team and CM.
for the remount, Iike I mentioned in the sysro/sysrw thread, you could try replacing /dev/block/mtdblock6 with /system. that's about all I've got.

Toucan4267

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Ha, got it working. Tried just about every possible iteration of the mount command. Only one I could get to work was
Code:
# remount rw
mount -o rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,relatime,remount /dev/block/mtdblock6 /system
mount -o rw,seclabel,relatime,remount -t rootfs rootfs /
I think the catch was the "seclabel" part. Something with the new kernel or add-ons or something wouldn't let it mount without that. Also, even with everything else the same, busybox still takes issue with it. I don't even understand what "seclabel" does (something to do with selinux, maybe? NEWB!), but busybox must not like it. Either way, it works so I'll be posting a new version of my script for the last internal shortly.

Toucan4267

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Ah
SELinux is an access control implementation for the Linux kernel. As an administrator, you define rules in user space and if the Linux kernel has been compiled with SELinux support, those rules will be adhered to by the kernel. The enforcing option enables the SELinux code and causes it to enforce access denials as well as auditing them. - See more at: What is SELinux and how does it work? | Linux.com

Makes sense...kinda anyway.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Ah

Makes sense...kinda anyway.
probably built that release with selinux enforcing turned on in kernel. when I was paying attention, it was built permissive selinux mode instead.
is odd, in twrp with enforcing kernel I could only get ext2 partitions mounted with busybox (forgot to activate security settings on ext2 in kernel config.)
glad you figure it out, and thanks for posting the solution.

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Ugh. Installed the 10/25, PA Pico GApps, Sprint Fix...here's how it went on my Optimus S:
1. Like the 11/whatever one, system apps still cannot be eliminated through Titanium Backup; still gotta use Root Explorer, go to the folder, mount r/w, and play from there.
4. Not sure how, but the baked in Superuser doesn't play nice with some apps that require root *glaring at Juice Defender & Lucky Patcher*.

For your #1 above: It's hard to tell if it wasn't another fluke or not, but I think I've had trouble with Titanium Backup and the built-in Superuser. I changed over to SuperSU and TB worked. (Wish I could totally confirm SuperSU was the fix in that case, but so much odd goes on with my phone that it's hard to say anything for sure.)

I've run across several cases where people report that Superuser doesn't play nice with some root apps, especially ones that want to write/remount filesystems (like root explorers). I've had similar experiences. Something to do with Kitkat no longer defaulting to permissive mode in SELinux, or something like that (I think I just said something I don't really understand). I'm wondering if that is also the problem with your #4 above. Maybe switching to SuperSU will help that as well?

//Edit: Should have mentioned, I'm on an Optimus V, running OS2SD ext4.

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
After a while of having my phone on the 10/30 OS2SD ext4 version, last night I figured I'd try the CrossBreeder linked up near the OP. I flashed the zip file with TWRP, and my phone booted, re-built the Dalvik cache, then immediately rebooted and got stuck at the Cyanogenmod spinning logo. Tried pulling the battery a couple times, waited a long very long time after Dalvik finished optimizing my apps. And then I searched here. Didn't see any reference to CrossBreeder causing bootloops or other trouble. Is this unique to me?

So I dirty-flashed the ROM zip, gapps, and pa-facilitator, rebooted and let it rebuild the Dalvik cache again. After several self-reboots, the phone seems to have settled down. Problem is, I don't know enough about what CrossBreeder does to know the state of my phone. Does anyone know if CB is still installed and able to function with the CB app, or will I need to re-flash the CB zip in order for it to function?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
After a while of having my phone on the 10/30 OS2SD ext4 version, last night I figured I'd try the CrossBreeder linked up near the OP. I flashed the zip file with TWRP, and my phone booted, re-built the Dalvik cache, then immediately rebooted and got stuck at the Cyanogenmod spinning logo. Tried pulling the battery a couple times, waited a long very long time after Dalvik finished optimizing my apps. And then I searched here. Didn't see any reference to CrossBreeder causing bootloops or other trouble. Is this unique to me?

So I dirty-flashed the ROM zip, gapps, and pa-facilitator, rebooted and let it rebuild the Dalvik cache again. After several self-reboots, the phone seems to have settled down. Problem is, I don't know enough about what CrossBreeder does to know the state of my phone. Does anyone know if CB is still installed and able to function with the CB app, or will I need to re-flash the CB zip in order for it to function?
you have to reflash.
Anyone had problems with GPS not running on OptiS? it turns on, but doesn't do anything.

ov sometimes needs location pulled in google maps to turn on.

BradN2

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Also don't forget that google apps have a special permission setting in the google settings, separate from the phone gps enable.

Toucan4267

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
My latest version of Toucanscrypt (1.1), built specifically for the last internal build, is now ready! Here's the link for those still interested in running internal: http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/375959-toucanscrypt-unlimited-apps.html

Hard to believe it's been nearly 7 months since my last update (1.0)!

Hey! Just realized this thread is almost to its first birthday! It was started 01-31-2014 07:54 AM! Thanks and congrats to bigsupersquid on a lot of hard work between then and now!

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
you have to reflash.

Ok, did that and it still gets stuck on the Cyanogenmod boot animation. Dirty-flashed ROM again and phone boots. Looks like there is something about the CB zip and the 10/30 ROM that are incompatible, at least on my phone. I'll have to start digging through the install script and the CB files to see what changes it's attempting to make. I know next to nothing about CB right now -- time I start learning!

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
cb scripting is really concise to the point of needing to be a shell wizard to decipher it. wish you luck. it's never bootlooped anything on me, guessing it is another variable.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
In the words of Homer Simpson, "CRAAAAAAAAAP!!"
About a week ago, my Optimus S hit the ol' wake lock blue screen. I thought "no biggie, battery pull." Except that didn't help at all!! It flashed the LG logo and shut off like the battery died...only to do it again...and again...and again. Tried to just let it kill itself and then recharge, but not only did that not work (LG logo, off, LG logo, off, etc.; shuts off outright upon unplugging), but now my power button doesn't work. Worse yet, I can't go into recovery, since the power button doesn't work and it wouldn't stay ON long enough anyway...

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
In the words of Homer Simpson, "CRAAAAAAAAAP!!"
About a week ago, my Optimus S hit the ol' wake lock blue screen. I thought "no biggie, battery pull." Except that didn't help at all!! It flashed the LG logo and shut off like the battery died...only to do it again...and again...and again. Tried to just let it kill itself and then recharge, but not only did that not work (LG logo, off, LG logo, off, etc.; shuts off outright upon unplugging), but now my power button doesn't work. Worse yet, I can't go into recovery, since the power button doesn't work and it wouldn't stay ON long enough anyway...

might be time to retire that baby and fork over fifteen bucks for a replacement... one with decent nand maybe.

photonik

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, first of all let me say I'm absolutely amazed to still find support for this device. My GS3 took a crap on me and I had to pull this sucker out as a backup, big props to everyone involved. Now onto my issue..

I'm trying to get the internal version to work since the os2sd version seems a little laggy, even with crossbreeder (I have to constantly pause while typing on the phone to let it catch up) Unsure if running the internal version would actually fix it but I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm constantly getting the Setup Wizard has stopped error, I tried a clean flash and booting without flashing skinny gapps and that didn't work. Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1