[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
My first ROM package.
Spawned from TheJBC sources and including the infamous 3.0 kernel.
Thanks to androidarmv6, thekraven, and skinbark for kitkat development.
Thanks to JustArchi for build optimization patches. Their effects seriously ROCK. Using -Os thumb and -O3 everything else, will all of Archi's flags.
gcc 4.7 ROM and gcc 4.7 kernel.

I forgot the disclaimer... ROM flashing may bork your phone, anger your parents, or cause your service provider to drop you like the hot potato you are.
Do it at your own risk.
Seriously... if you don't know about adb and flashing, this is probably too experimental for you. Be warned.

Another disclaimer: This is all experimental. These are my personal builds. I am being nice and sharing. Instabilities are to be expected...
I would love to work on everyone's pet mods, it'd be fun, but I can't afford the time. Bummer. Suggest 'em anyway, preferably with links. Maybe I'll incorporate them.
source to init a repo from. Large amounts of androidarmv6 and TheJBC in there. This is a 'pure' Optimus V/Virgin Mobile build though, no fix .zip or source changes needed.

Few reports of clock lag since 4.4.3 release. Mostly involving running on wifi.
clocklag said:
the statusbar clock sometimes refuses to refresh until data toggled, clock app opened, or system rebooted. The alarm runs off of the statusbar clock. The system clock works fine, and the lockscreen clock, and various app clocks.
Might be the NTP time server in the gps.conf, the cyanogenmod one is Europe. Try flashing this zip in recovery for clock lag, and if it fixes it, it was the network time servers.

busted: wifi AP reboots if turned on/off/on.
Currently working: I believe everything else. Post issues. With logcat/dmesg preferably.

has hackerskeyboard built in to save space. no voice entry and the user dictionary doesn't add manually. sideload another keyboard if you want. LatinIME is in extras folder of zip if you want to be able to send the emojis for messaging.
rebased off TheJBC. Then rebased off of androidarmv6/android_device_lge_p500 for upstream compatibility. then messed around all my own way after that with fixes picked up from wherever I can find 'em.

Recovery:
New experimental current TWRP for os2sd
This is the only supported recovery for 6/23/2014 builds on out. Slightly different partition layout for os2sd, and swap partition support.

Carrier Fixes:
here's the updated sprint/verizon carrier fixes. They should actually work on any version of this ROM.
Want another carrier? Got an apns-conf.xml, then post it and any other carrier info you have to manipulate to get it to work.
Also, View attachment OS-keyswap1.zip for Optimus S. I'll re-integrate it to the Sprint fix later...

Skinny Gapps:
Skinny_4.4_Gapps_new_internal.zip from here
Only advised for internal.

to install the internal version fresh:
use new TWRP recovery
in recovery:
Advanced>Internal mode
wipe system, data and cache
install rom zip, Sprint/Verizon fix if using it, and Skinny_4.4_Gapps_new_internal.zip. No need to mount anything, and in TWRP you can "add more zips" until the list is complete.

uses around 139Mb of /system on internal build. Room for Skinny gapps and carrier fix on zvj baseband. extra stuff won't fit unless you delete some stuff off of /system (like /system/app/Browser.apk then install another or sideload it with the file manager or terminal or adb) and it might require tweaking on an Optimus S. Old data says you have 162 Mb available though. New info, zvj, 158Mb.

For extra storage space use
toucanscrypt-unlimited-apps or cronmodint2extv2+ (original here) from rom folder (in testing yet.)

Download link in second post.
OS2SD builds, instructions in 3rd post.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+KERNEL][CM-11.0][4.4.2]KitKat for Optimus V

Ok, y'all. this is most likely the LAST internal build.

cm-11 RC10. Very few apps built in. /system and /data are reversed in the kernel from the original Optimus S/V partition map to squeeze a few extra MB into /system. When I say very few, I mean very few. Everything else, that would be built into the os2sd setup, is in the ROM zip file in the /extras folder. You can extract the stuff from /extras/app and install it with the filemanager if you want.
Screenshots of how puny it is:
Screenshot_2014-10-14-12-10-22.pngScreenshot_2014-10-14-12-10-42.png

Download link here. Shared folder.

current: cm-11-20141014-EXPERIMENTAL-bigsuperROM_internal-thunderc.zip
YOU MUST USE THIS RECOVERY for recovery issue support.

Skinny gapps here

mine takes around 5 minutes for first boot (!) but I've heard up to ten minutes. Hope you enjoy seeing that CM logo spin :p

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Experimental/technically inclined users, and anyone messing with this who wants to keep current:

the bleeding edge of LG**670 ROM technology.
OS2SD (OperatingSystem2SD card) builds. Thanks to skinbark for the name and first releases, not to mention getting 4.4.2 to boot.
Runs off of the SD card. Only boot is on internal storage. Awesome amounts of storage space. No link2whatever methods needed or feasible.
DO NOT USE ANY KIND OF LINK2SD! if it doesn't break things, surprise.

extra bonus: mount usb storage in android or recovery mounts ext system, data, and cache for your linux file management pleasure. While running android.

mine takes around 5 minutes for first boot (!) but I've heard up to ten minutes. Hope you enjoy seeing that CM logo spin :p

downloads here
ROM download folder.

required: big enough SD card 4Gb or more advised (class 2 or 4 according to koopakid08 and documented on xda.)
first SD partition VFAT/FAT32
second EXT4. third linux-swap. fourth EXT4.
Partition in recovery to avoid issues.
advise: whatever leftover for VFAT, eithr 1Mb or 864Mb swap, 512Mb-768Mb for system, 1Gb or more for data (in that order. Those become /sdcard, /system, swap, and /data.)
expand /sdcard and/or /data as preferred if you use a bigger card. more space in /system? dunno why. doubt there's enough armv6 system apps to fill 512Mb.

Use THIS RECOVERY ONLY, for now.

archived said:
TechVendetta's TWRP is good.

or use cwm-sd-fakeflash.zip in the skinbark/thekraven cwm to flash OS2SD ROMs. Also use it to back up and restore OS2SD installs.

Gapps:
Now only supporting pa_gapps for os2sd. They stay fresh, and have really good installer scripting.

I made pa_gapps flashing facilitator for twrp/os2sd.
here
Go get current pico pa_gapps, don't touch the zip.
flash pa_gapps_modular_pico*.zip right after the ROM.
after flashing pa_gapps you flash the pa_facilitator*.zip (it gets rid of armv7 keyboard libs and installs compatible play services framework.)

if you want to use any bigger pa_gapps packages (and you can even install the 200+Mb Stock package on os2sd!) you'll have to follow the instructions for the pa_gapps remover zip TKruzze posted up to remove Google+ (or you'll have fc'ing nightmares) and don't let it install Chrome either (there's another text file needed on the card like the remover, TKruzze left instructions.)
There's more bad apps, like G+, which'll fc on you.
Remember, if you install Google Now (Search) go as quickly as possible into app drawer>Google settings>Search and Now>Voice>Hotword Detection and turn it off, then back up one submenu to Voice again and turn off all the checkboxes and set speech to off.
You can install voice search and talkback from market (enable talkback in accessibility settings) for those functions without fc. (and voice search wrapper from xda if you want voice control over Search.)

Carrier Fixes:
sprint/verizon carrier fixes. They should actually work on any version of this ROM. And maybe even others since I put it awk format.
Also, for Optimus S, Keyswap zip, I'll reintegrate it to the Sprint fix later. For now, yet another thing to flash.

to install fresh from scratch:
backup your sd card on a pc or you'll lose all your data.

use new TWRP-multi
in recovery:
advanced > partition sd card
OS2SD system size: at least 512, up to 768
set swap size: either 1 (if you disable it) or 864 (to use it)
OS2SD data size: from 512 to 1024 or more depending on how ridiculous you'd like your app storage space.
swipe to partition, wait patiently as it'll take a while. Vibrates when done.
the screen may black out while partitioning and it won't respond to anything but adb.
It's ok, be patient, it'll vibrate and turn the screen back on when it's done.

mount menu
format system, data and cache

install, in this order:
rom zip
Sprint/Verizon fix if using it.
pa_gapps
and the pa_facilitator after.

TWRP lets you 'add more zips' in order until you're happy, before swiping the confirm slider.
reboot.

current: cm-11-20141025-EXPERIMENTAL-ext4_os2sd_bigsuperROM-thunderc.zip

to use the f2fs build: you must install the twrp 2.8.0.0 recovery.
you must also already have your card paritioned for os2sd, it'll default to ext4 but that doesn't matter.

before installing, go into wipe menu, then advanced.
select data, press repair or change filesystem. press change filesystem. press f2fs, swipe it.
back up to select system, and then do it again (press repair or change filesystem. press change filesystem. press f2fs, swipe it.)
then press home and install the f2fs rom. You're good to go.
f2fs and 3.0.101 kernel currently in limbo, there's issues.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

NEW:
new tweaks folder
Right now, has flashable zip to add old voice search key (on side, above camera) as second power button.

Coming soon
In these new reserved and first three posts..
Gapps in single post, including versions that can't be updated
Improved installation instructions.
Market links to compatible/recommended apps like fast reboot.
Special tips and tweaks from me and you.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

Fun thing to try:

This hasn't crashed noticeably on me and seems to speed things up.
Enough testers without obvious negative results and I'll incorporate it into the base ROM.
Maybe with a backend for the functional, included automagically, CrossBreeder in it.
Takes maybe 3MB of /system.

★ [MOD] ◢ PurePerformances™X ◣ | Siri Edition | Scary performances on your Ace

It does stuff before the bootanimation so don't freak about the extended black screen booting up.

I also have a version of CrossBreeder latest, with fixes for armv6, and a hosts file for adblock...
http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...superrom-thunderc-4-4-4-a-51.html#post3955987

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Archive

archived said:
old, not recommended TWRP here
TechV's TWRP installs zips that don't specify where the mounts come from (like "mount /system" instead of "mount /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system") to the partitions that are currently mounted. Sometimes.

use for internal thekraven's philz CWM recovery from the Sprint thread or one of thekraven's recoveries sprinkled through the other kit-kat threads in that forum.
Or use skinbark's recovery from the sprint thread.

archive folder here if you want older builds for some reason. NOTE: this will go away soon as I don't want to mix the new recovery/rom with old builds of either one.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

not sure why, was uploading when i left for work. I'll see what happened soon.
//edit: fixed

Last edited:

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

I loaded this today and can confirm that bluetooth works! I was able to pair, hear the phone audio and use voice commands. Nice job! Wifi also works in this build but the password is not retained after reboot. There was a fix in one of the other threads for that.

I would like some advice. I had been playing with the os2sd build but it seems like attention is rightly being focused on getting all the basic phone functions working and having fewer builds. That makes good sense.

I wonder if you could add your advice to the root posts concerning recommended partitioning and formatting for using your build. And advice on what linking to SD software you recommend/use. That way people just coming in could get all the info they need in the first few posts.

Thank you for all the hard work you wonderful developers have/are putting into this!

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I loaded this today and can confirm that bluetooth works! I was able to pair, hear the phone audio and use voice commands. Nice job! Wifi also works in this build but the password is not retained after reboot. There was a fix in one of the other threads for that.

I would like some advice. I had been playing with the os2sd build but it seems like attention is rightly being focused on getting all the basic phone functions working and having fewer builds. That makes good sense.

I wonder if you could add your advise to the root posts concerning recommended partitioning and formatting for using your build. And advice on what linking to SD software you recommend/use. That way people just coming in could get all the info they need in the first few posts.

Thank you for all the hard work you wonderful developers have/are putting into this!
bluetooth still won't accept keypresses from my keyboard.
my wifi password sticks... weird.
I have never used link2sd methods of any kind except for /system and booting from sd experiments so can't advise on that.
mount2sd looks good though.

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2]KitKat for Optimus V

If i can find my OptiS tonight, (again) I'll try it out.

Sent from my LG-LS860 using AC Forums mobile app

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

I know. Are the builds virtually the same though?

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

This phones development won't die, I'm charging my old ov right now, I have to try this!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

should be except for the Virgin Mobile tweaks.

The home button and menu button switch, maybe a few status bar tweaks. I can't think of much else as I'm not a dev. I now have Thekraven's permission to use his rom as a base. So I'm going to try to learn to port. :D

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

fixed my bluetooth keyboard woes with kernel upgrades to uhid. may be good for other bluetooth hardware... dunno.
will upload new build to test. first try had apn messed up.
apn goobered in new builds. use current uploaded build and flash r1.0 kernel from the kernel thread for bluetooth uhid.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

new build uploading.
has the bluetooth fixes, swap enabled, and misc other updates I pulled down including speakerphone fix. good volume on that now.

instead of opening/saving the APN for MMS, it now has a radio button to check under APNs once you get that open. then just press home or whatever.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith