07-17-2015 10:04 AM
75 123
tools
    This script is already Awesomesaucity & Amazeballs as it was. But now this new version!? I'm chomping at the bit to take it for a spin already!! Gonna have to do it later when I can plug the Optimus S to a wall...
    06-26-2014 03:47 PM
    I'll test today to see if it works on bigsupersquid's 4.4.3/4.4.4
    07-03-2014 03:36 PM
    Well.The script It worked for me on 4.4,4 kitkat, but when I reboot I loose ALL of the apps I downloaded plus it wont let my install them from the play store, or even pull an apk from the internet. I flashed back to my nandroid, re-flashed kitkat rom and script, and the same thing happens. Anyone know the reason?
    07-04-2014 03:11 AM
    I had to flash back to bean_whiz to get full results of this script. (but thank you bigsupersquid the 4.4,4 is one of the most stable roms on my ov) The bean_whiz rom + script BLEW MY MIND!!!!! I'm able to install large games with no problem. I have one app thats over 88mb total space and one that is a little more than 77mb total space yet I still have a little over 160mb left!! @bigsupersquid, AndyOpie150, Toucan4267, and thekraven If I could donate to you guys I totally would! Thanks to all of my OV has been way more enjoyable!!! c:

Posted via Android Central App
    bigsupersquid likes this.
    07-06-2014 03:59 AM
    Seems to not be working for me.

Im using Internal Kitkat, and my internal is full. I downloaded link2sd, rebooted, and downloaded and linked only a few things before I began runningout of space.
    I then flashed unlimited installer, which helped a little, but int is still full, and I can't install the google play services update..

Ill try a reflash I guess, and check back later.
    06-11-2015 01:07 PM
    Which internal partition is filling up? The app I like to use to tell is called Storage Partitions. Advanced options show you just which partitions are filled. Let me know which "/{blank}" partitions are filled to what percent.

Also, could you paste the contents of the log Toucanscrypt creates; that'd help me figure out what's going wrong. It's created in /data/local entitled "linknlog"

Some other things to check:
    1. Did you use the right recovery to flash? It should have an option in it to change to internal mode rather than OS2SD.
    2. Are you linking apps as you go? That should keep partitions from filling up. Also, if using the "Unlimited Apps" script, nothing should be saved internally as you install a new app. It Internal is still "filling" as you install apps wwith the unlimited script, then something must not be right.

I'll actually be up in the Wyoming mountains out of cell range from tomorrow morning until about 7pm Saturday, but feel free to keep posting progress, and I'll help as soon as I'm back.
    06-12-2015 12:06 AM
    Well...
    Tried to download storage partitions, but alas, not enough internal space.

Was going to find the log, but there isn't a file browser in the internal build...
    Not enough internal space to install one.

Perhaps I should just reflash from the beginning.
    I did have one idea.. Perhaps it broke because I flashed PurePerformance from the kitkat thread?
    06-13-2015 03:57 AM
    One somewhat related question-

Using TWRP (Internal mode) to format the SD card..
    What should I do for the SWAP partition option?
    0? 1? Or doesn't matter since it won't be used?

Oh... And something REALLY weird..
    I never got the 'android is updating' message. Neither after toucanscrypt, OR the rom itself. Bizarre....
    06-13-2015 04:00 AM
    I reflashed, and downloaded storage partitions.
    My educated guess, is that it's not working.. Then again, I have only downloaded storage partitions and titanium backup. >.>

Storage Partitions are as follows:
    Code:
    Internal Storage (427MB, 9 Partitions)

Partition mtdblock5 164MB
    Apps- 44MB Free

Partition mtdblock5 179MB
    Android- 16MB Free

External Storage 0
    29.66GB, 3 Partitions

Partition mmcblk0p1 26.10GB
    User Storage 25.01GB Free

Partition mmcblk0p2 2.82GB
    /data/sdext2 2.76GB Free

Partition mmcblk0p3 763MB
    NA 763MB Free
    Does that help?

Something else, that I find particularly strange....
    There is no linknlog file. I used root browser to search the whole device after it wasn't in /data/local

Bleh. I'm not gonna bother switching to OS2SD since I just use it as a wifi hotspot.
    If the puzzle bugs you though, I'll be glad to help you nail it down.
    06-14-2015 07:16 PM
    Hey!
    06-14-2015 10:14 PM
    Hey, back in cell signal and have some limited free time on my hands! Haven't looked at things yet, but wanted to let you know I'm on task!
    06-14-2015 10:17 PM
    Hmm... Link2sd is working right?
    06-14-2015 10:22 PM
    Ha! Just had an epiphany (I think)! Read posts #1505-1508 on the Squid's Kitkat thread, check under your settings, about tablet, to see if SELinux is enabled.
    If it is, then install this:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....selinux&hl=en
    (run it, set it to permissive, or whatever is necessary) and reboot.

Tell me if it works (or at least gives you the log). My guess is that with SELinux enforced it wasn't even running my script and thus there was nothing to log.
    06-14-2015 10:37 PM
    Indeed!
    SElinux WAS st to enforcing

Should I reflash now?

Also, the developer of that app was banned from Google Play, but the file waqs easy enough to find on XDA..

So I need to reflash both scripts now, right?
    06-15-2015 06:44 PM
    Yes, I would go ahead and reflash the script after ensuring that SELinux is Permissive, then check if the script created its log. Hopefully that was the only issue. Was thinking too that if it's still giving issue, you could install a very lightweight terminal app, and do the command "mount | grep ext4" which will post a part of the info from the log and should at least let me know which folders/partitions are being mounted to your sd card.
    06-16-2015 01:19 AM
    How goes things?
    06-18-2015 08:21 AM
    So I'm trying to install the Bean Whiz Rom from AndyOpie150's (RIP!) instructions (Bean_Whiz-CM10 Updated 05/02/2014) on my VM670, previously running Mirage but I did the full wipe he recommended. The install instructions on page 3 tell me to download Wipecache.zip and install it. However, the recovery reported "E:Error in /sdcard/Wipecache.zip (Status 0)" and "Installation aborted." Did you update this file so that it no longer works with the Bean Whiz?

When the above failed, I figured I'd try your whole package and I downloaded all of your files, put them on the sd card, and tried to use the recovery to flash "Toucanscrypt-1.1.zip." Same problem, same result.

This is only the 2nd ROM I've ever tried to do (the first was the Mirage ROM, and the process went smoothly) so I don't have any troubleshooting experience or any idea what would happen if I tried to start my phone normally. Since it's a spare wi-fi-only phone, I'm going to leave it off at this step of the install so I don't do anything horrible to it. Please let me know if you have any suggestions for me, and if you need data from me just let me know (in baby-talk would be safest ) and I'll provide what you need. Thanks in advance!
    06-21-2015 02:06 PM
    So I'm trying to install the Bean Whiz Rom from AndyOpie150's (RIP!) instructions (Bean_Whiz-CM10 Updated 05/02/2014) on my VM670, previously running Mirage but I did the full wipe he recommended. The install instructions on page 3 tell me to download Wipecache.zip and install it. However, the recovery reported "E:Error in /sdcard/Wipecache.zip (Status 0)" and "Installation aborted." Did you update this file so that it no longer works with the Bean Whiz?

When the above failed, I figured I'd try your whole package and I downloaded all of your files, put them on the sd card, and tried to use the recovery to flash "Toucanscrypt-1.1.zip." Same problem, same result.

This is only the 2nd ROM I've ever tried to do (the first was the Mirage ROM, and the process went smoothly) so I don't have any troubleshooting experience or any idea what would happen if I tried to start my phone normally. Since it's a spare wi-fi-only phone, I'm going to leave it off at this step of the install so I don't do anything horrible to it. Please let me know if you have any suggestions for me, and if you need data from me just let me know (in baby-talk would be safest ) and I'll provide what you need. Thanks in advance!
    Hey, here's what I think you need. This is a little tricky, but is more Windows knowledge than android. Download the file you flashed to install Bean Whiz to a Windows computer. Open it by double clicking to see what's inside. Inside the meta-inf/com/google/android folder, there should be an update-binary file. Copy that into the similar folder in my scripts file to replace that file.
    That should fix the installation error. However, don't install yet. We need to double check that partitions haven't changed since he installed, and I think they have. I have an app called "storage partitions" that would give that info. You can get it off play store. Once you're to this point, let me know and I'll give further instruction.
    06-22-2015 12:58 AM
    Thanks! I've done both steps. It appears that the sd partition I made with ZenGarden (1.43gb on a 16g card) is ok, I only have two external partitions listed and nine internal (about which I'm clueless). Just let me know what you're looking for. I appreciate the help!

Also, will I be able to use your program on my Mirage Rom phone? Will I need to make the binary swap as instructed above?
    06-22-2015 12:22 PM
    Great! Here's the info I need from you: go into the advanced tab of "Storage Partitions" and look at the partition labels. The script works right when they're in this order: mydblock0 boot, 1 cache, 2 recovery, 5 userdata, 6 system. The rest aren't really relevant. If those match and you've done the binary swap, then it should work with any rom and you can go ahead and flash it. If yours is different, let me know and I'll custom mod the script for your rom.
    06-22-2015 03:40 PM
    My Bean Whiz VM670 says 5 is system and 6 is userdata. Is there a way to change this on my end, so you don't have to go to the trouble of a custom file?

Unfortunately, "Storage Partitions" doesn't work with my VM670 Mirage ROM (2.3.7) phone. I downloaded AParted since it was the first response to my "Storage Partitions" search, but it doesn't seem to do what you/I need. Is there another way I can determine if my Mirage phone is set up properly? In a bit of serendipity, I got blocked from downloading a 50mb app because I only have 67mb of free space on it, so I'm willing to backup and do a clean install in order to use your program. Or should I just roll the dice with it and see if your program works as-is?
    06-22-2015 06:31 PM
    My Bean Whiz VM670 says 5 is system and 6 is userdata. Is there a way to change this on my end, so you don't have to go to the trouble of a custom file?

Unfortunately, "Storage Partitions" doesn't work with my VM670 Mirage ROM (2.3.7) phone. I downloaded AParted since it was the first response to my "Storage Partitions" search, but it doesn't seem to do what you/I need. Is there another way I can determine if my Mirage phone is set up properly? In a bit of serendipity, I got blocked from downloading a 50mb app because I only have 67mb of free space on it, so I'm willing to backup and do a clean install in order to use your program. Or should I just roll the dice with it and see if your program works as-is?
    There is a way to do so, but it is something I've never attempted and is rather difficult. It would be better for me to just do a second script version as squid's optimus s/v rom is unusual (although in a "better" sort of unusual). Most ROMs should follow the pattern of the new script I wrote, so it should in theory benefit more than just you.
    As for your second question, download "terminal emulator" app and type "mount" (no quotes). Will be an overload of info, but you should be able to find it in there. Let me know. I will likewise after I make the new script version.
    06-22-2015 07:37 PM
    06-22-2015 08:32 PM
    Thanks for the file! Unfortunately, trying the modded Wipecache didn't work, nor did trying a full Toucanscrypt install with the modified files. I'm going to reinstall the Bean Whiz ROM from scratch and try again using your new files only, to see if the previous attempts caused problems.

In the meantime, I tried to use the terminal emulator on my Mirage phone for the data you requested, but it's all jibberish to me. I THINK it is what you require (5 is data, 6 is system) but since I didn't see any of the other stuff I saw using your program I'm hoping you can take a look at the results and confirm that I'm gtg:

Toucanscrypt: Unlimited Apps!-screenshot-toucanscrypt.png
    06-23-2015 07:19 PM
    Sorry I didn't get to reply. Up I the mountains all data outta cell signal. When you reinstall from scratch, try just the modified Toucanscrypt alternate, not the wipecatch or others as they may need some editing to work as well. As far as your mirage phone, it looks like it should run fine with the default files. Give it a shot! Won't know till you try as no one to my knowledge has tried it with Mirage yet!
    Edit: Oh! And don't forget to do the update-binary swap first for Bean. After we confirm it works, I'll have you send my a copy of the file, and then I'll post a specific alternate for the rom. Different ROMs sometimes just require a different update-binary. Mirage may or may not require you to do the same thing.
    06-24-2015 02:09 AM
75 123