03-03-2015 12:02 PM
56 123
tools
    When upgrading to multi twrp I get an updater-binary error. Can you fix this, please?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using AC Forums mobile app
    try flashing the internal tls version first, then reboot recovery and flash the multi.
    the update-binary is in there with the tls copmpatibility like everything else that gets built since androidarmv6 changed that in the kernel and board files.
    08-10-2014 02:12 PM
    it is a very good idea to push the md5sum file along with flashable zips to the sdcard for twrp as a safety.
    I just had a bad adb transfer of a rom to the card, and the md5 check failed until I pushed the zip again.
    BradN2 likes this.
    08-10-2014 10:29 PM
    omnirom pushed some updates to twrp.

multi_v2 uploaded.
    also TWRP2.7.1.0_multi_v2_old_update_binary version to test with pre-TLS recovery if you still have one.
    08-13-2014 10:02 PM
    Got error status 0 in flashing the TWRP. Have the newest bigsquid rom, a bunch of the various fixes (sprint, zvj) loaded, have the MD5 and the zip in the root file of the SD Card. Any help? Opti S
    08-26-2014 08:57 PM
    Got error status 0 in flashing the TWRP. Have the newest bigsquid rom, a bunch of the various fixes (sprint, zvj) loaded, have the MD5 and the zip in the root file of the SD Card. Any help? Opti S
    Flash internal TLS first then flash multi.
    bigsupersquid likes this.
    08-27-2014 07:58 AM
    newer version uploaded with a bugfix and compatible older update-binary.
    08-27-2014 08:10 AM
    bump for 2.8.0.0 with f2fs for upcoming f2fs os2sd rom
    09-05-2014 12:58 PM
    I have a twrp 2.8 issue. When partitioning in advanced options, when it gets up to creating data partition the phone goes black. Can you fix this, please?
    09-06-2014 01:38 PM
    I have a twrp 2.8 issue. When partitioning in advanced options, when it gets up to creating data partition the phone goes black. Can you fix this, please?
    the screen timeout is blacking it out.
    wait patiently, when it's done with making the partitions it'll come back on again.
    That happened in the original release... I'll put the note about it back up in the OP.
    09-06-2014 01:52 PM
    Can you just disable the screen timeout if it doesn't work correctly?

Side note, I'm back with Optimus S's - got 4 of them for $5 a piece on ebay - going to use them as TV remote controls with a logitech harmony link box. Charter communications is turning into a bunch of bastards and disabled plain digital TV streams for the basic channels - so now you need a box for each TV. Or, with coax already run through the house, one box per channel you care to watch at a time and a way to operate the box from any room of interest...
    09-06-2014 06:06 PM
    Can you just disable the screen timeout if it doesn't work correctly?

Side note, I'm back with Optimus S's - got 4 of them for $5 a piece on ebay - going to use them as TV remote controls with a logitech harmony link box. Charter communications is turning into a bunch of bastards and disabled plain digital TV streams for the basic channels - so now you need a box for each TV. Or, with coax already run through the house, one box per channel you care to watch at a time and a way to operate the box from any room of interest...
    timeout works right, the partitioner takes way longer than stock twrp because of the extra partitions.
    you can disable it under settings>screen anyway...
    09-06-2014 08:26 PM
    Were internal_data and internal_system removed from the latest 2.8.0.0 recovery? It's convenient to be able to manipulate those partitions to load a factory rom for activation.
    09-08-2014 12:29 AM
    Switch to internal mode for internal partitions.
    09-08-2014 07:12 AM
    Were internal_data and internal_system removed from the latest 2.8.0.0 recovery? It's convenient to be able to manipulate those partitions to load a factory rom for activation.
    those are in techvendetta's twrp but not mine.
    like Casey said, you can use internal mode....
    except that since July with the system/data swap in kernel you have to use an older twrp build to deal with anything based on the stock mtd partition layout.

that's anything internal before my last internal release.
    my old internal versions, mirage, stock, etc...
    since i haven't gotten the size down enough to throw another out there yet... the internal mode in the latest twrps isn't very useful.
    I'm slowly trying to figure out how to patch in another switch to handle older internal roms.
    09-08-2014 11:20 AM
    After switching back to backside for a while, I decided to come back and try the internal build.

The rom flashed, but gave in error that /data and /system failed to read or something.
    They also wouldnt mount. I'm pretty sure its because I wiped them..

Other recoveries operate normally and access them without issue. Im sure im missing something obcious....
    09-25-2014 08:02 PM
    After switching back to backside for a while, I decided to come back and try the internal build.

The rom flashed, but gave in error that /data and /system failed to read or something.
    They also wouldnt mount. I'm pretty sure its because I wiped them..

Other recoveries operate normally and access them without issue. Im sure im missing something obcious....
    Lessee... internal rom will still flash in os2sd mode (advanced-internal or os2sd)
    but won't wipe right.
    Your internal partitions're fine.
    And using twrp new as or newer than rom or not good results.
    09-25-2014 10:04 PM
    Oh yeah, strangely, the flash worked. Im on kitkat, I just cant flash gapps. Im using the most recent recovery and rom for internal. I tried the older recovery, but to no avail.

Is it possible to download google services as an apk?
    09-25-2014 10:41 PM
    Oh yeah, strangely, the flash worked. Im 8ion kitkat, I just cant flash gapps. Im using the most recent recovery and rom for internal. I tried the older recovery, but to no avail.

Is it possible to download google services as an apk?
    Xda has the most recent gapps but vending and gms have to be in priv-app for permissions.
    If it just won't flash the gapps in internal mode you can unzip the gapps package and push priv-app and etc from it to system
    I need to find time to fix all the flashables and release a new internal build.
    09-26-2014 06:51 AM
    Xda has the most recent gapps but vending and gms have to be in priv-app for permissions.
    If it just won't flash the gapps in internal mode you can unzip the gapps package and push priv-app and etc from it to system
    I need to find time to fix all the flashables and release a new internal build.
    Oh, and post the error twrp gives you when flashing the gapps.
    09-26-2014 06:54 AM
    Okay, so to get the error, I reflashed TWRP and the recovery (Zen touch recovery) said it was successful. I rebooted the recovery, and it just hangs at the twrp splash screen now.
    Alas, doomed to stay on backside I guess. (Not really, but I don't have a computer.... Unless I find a .img to flash in terminal emulator)
    09-26-2014 08:16 PM
    You can pull the .img from any of the recovery flashable zips.
    If twrp hangs at the splash, let it sit a while, it usually starts up eventually.
    09-27-2014 02:36 AM
    Int2ext and toucanscript are both throwing updater-binary errors. I'm on the most recent twrp.

Recoverylog: SDrecovery log - Pastebin.com
    10-01-2014 01:35 PM
    Int2ext and toucanscript are both throwing updater-binary errors. I'm on the most recent twrp.

Recoverylog: SDrecovery log - Pastebin.com
    that twrp may need work.
    the log is missing the end, where it specifically gripes about the files not flashing, but it does show that /data isn't being handled right in the partition parser.

does it error about not being able to mount /data in the output from flashing? it'd be in red.

edit://
    nevermind, I may have done something with the one I have on-device, the log looks right. you can try it.

Re-uploaded.
    10-01-2014 07:52 PM
    Yes, it does choke on /data and, occasionally, on /system.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-01-2014 09:44 PM
    Is there an option to partition as f2fs directly?
    10-20-2014 07:39 AM
56 123