[RECOVERY][KITKAT][4.4.x][OS2SD/INTERNAL][VERY EXPERIMENTAL][f2fs]TWRP2.8.0.0

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
After switching back to backside for a while, I decided to come back and try the internal build.

The rom flashed, but gave in error that /data and /system failed to read or something.
They also wouldnt mount. I'm pretty sure its because I wiped them..

Other recoveries operate normally and access them without issue. Im sure im missing something obcious....

Lessee... internal rom will still flash in os2sd mode (advanced-internal or os2sd)
but won't wipe right.
Your internal partitions're fine.
And using twrp new as or newer than rom or not good results.

Redchigh

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah, strangely, the flash worked. Im on kitkat, I just cant flash gapps. Im using the most recent recovery and rom for internal. I tried the older recovery, but to no avail.

Is it possible to download google services as an apk?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Oh yeah, strangely, the flash worked. Im 8ion kitkat, I just cant flash gapps. Im using the most recent recovery and rom for internal. I tried the older recovery, but to no avail.

Is it possible to download google services as an apk?
Xda has the most recent gapps but vending and gms have to be in priv-app for permissions.
If it just won't flash the gapps in internal mode you can unzip the gapps package and push priv-app and etc from it to system
I need to find time to fix all the flashables and release a new internal build.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Xda has the most recent gapps but vending and gms have to be in priv-app for permissions.
If it just won't flash the gapps in internal mode you can unzip the gapps package and push priv-app and etc from it to system
I need to find time to fix all the flashables and release a new internal build.

Oh, and post the error twrp gives you when flashing the gapps.

Redchigh

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so to get the error, I reflashed TWRP and the recovery (Zen touch recovery) said it was successful. I rebooted the recovery, and it just hangs at the twrp splash screen now.
Alas, doomed to stay on backside I guess. (Not really, but I don't have a computer.... Unless I find a .img to flash in terminal emulator)

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Int2ext and toucanscript are both throwing updater-binary errors. I'm on the most recent twrp.

Recoverylog: SDrecovery log - Pastebin.com
that twrp may need work.
the log is missing the end, where it specifically gripes about the files not flashing, but it does show that /data isn't being handled right in the partition parser.

does it error about not being able to mount /data in the output from flashing? it'd be in red.

edit://
nevermind, I may have done something with the one I have on-device, the log looks right. you can try it.

Re-uploaded.

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
This is a noob question but will this recovery allow me to restore a backup that I would create from my current "CWM-based Recovery v4.0.1.5" before installing this recovery and your rom/kernel? Or should I install this recovery and then create a back up?

I've been using a late 2012 MiRaGe build for 2 years now and I would like to recover to that if anything goes wrong. My phone has been rebooting itself alot this weekend and I don't know why, hoping your 4.4.4 rom will help before I end up buying a new phone lol.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
This is a noob question but will this recovery allow me to restore a backup that I would create from my current "CWM-based Recovery v4.0.1.5" before installing this recovery and your rom/kernel? Or should I install this recovery and then create a back up?

I've been using a late 2012 MiRaGe build for 2 years now and I would like to recover to that if anything goes wrong. My phone has been rebooting itself alot this weekend and I don't know why, hoping your 4.4.4 rom will help before I end up buying a new phone lol.

make a backup in your existing recovery, install the twrp, make another backup, then backup your card on pc.
twrp won't happily restore cwm backups or vice-versa.

jordash25

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Squid, is there an older internal recovery I need to flash first? I've had all three versions of your rom running at one point but have been having issues with the recovery. Data wont mount and int2ext has an updater error. I think I had downloaded an older internal recovery before when I had it running but cant seem to find it!? If anyone can shed some light on this it'd be appreciated.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Squid, is there an older internal recovery I need to flash first? I've had all three versions of your rom running at one point but have been having issues with the recovery. Data wont mount and int2ext has an updater error. I think I had downloaded an older internal recovery before when I had it running but cant seem to find it!? If anyone can shed some light on this it'd be appreciated.

Sorry about not replying earlier. Working exclusively from my evo slows me down a lot.
here's the archive if you want older whatever's.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BypDFSwT9owBaUNVNXdEWGUzT2c&usp=sharing