When it comes to technology, I am the queen of dumb questions...so forgive me, but I'm wondering if Busybox is an app I must download to my phone? When I initially rooted, I just religiously followed forum instructions...didn't understand half of what I was doing, LOL. I remember putting Busybox on my phone, and Terminal Emulator and a couple others... Well, I've recently upgraded from froyo Harmonia to gingerbread Harmonia (yes, I'm an old dog, hate new tricks, haha!). And I had trouble with my SuperSU last night, it messed up my phone after updating to newest SU version on Play store. I was reading the SuperSU faq and saw something about how Busybox can mess with SU... Anyway, I ended up erasing my phone and flashing my rom over again, and now I'm wondering if I need to restore Busybox... Thanks for your input!!
    10-25-2014 01:55 AM
    Harmonia is built from cm source, so it's already built in
    super su, if play update gives you trouble, I'd try the recovery update option instead.
    10-25-2014 11:40 AM
    Thanks, I appreciate the reply! I really am wondering, though, if I need to install Busybox? I don't even know what it does... Thx in advance for the help!
    10-26-2014 02:48 AM
    Thanks, I appreciate the reply! I really am wondering, though, if I need to install Busybox? I don't even know what it does... Thx in advance for the help!
    it is pre-installed... but it's basically a mini-linux for terminal, in one app.
    Like the android built-in toolbox but actually functional instead of mostly crippled.
    Don't remove it, cm may break without it. Several apps need it too.
    10-26-2014 08:18 AM