OK, for some reason, i went into my recovery and wiped dalvik cache (i thought i was supposed to after updating my adfree app). I noticed after rebooting that i've lost a bunch of apps, including my google play store. i can't get titanium backup to restore it or anything else. is there anything i can do to remedy this situation other than completely wipe my phone and reflash my ROM? i'm on harmonia gingerbread. thanks for any help!

ps...i read that if one's phone is super slow (mine is), that wiping dalvik can be helpful...but in doing so, are we always going to erase or disrupt app functions?
    12-27-2014 10:44 PM
    Reflashing the ROM should help. However, I rarely wipe the Dalvik. I just wipe the system cache.
    12-27-2014 10:57 PM
    When you wipe the Dalvik cache, it's going to take a long time (up to 10 minutes) for that first restart, as the Dalvik cache has to be completely rebuilt. It shouldn't delete any files and, in general, the only thing it helps is free time - you lose some as you watch the grass gr ... er, I mean the Dalvik cache rebuilding.

If your Google apps and other system apps are really gone, about all you can do (unless you want to spend days) is back up anything important that you can still get to (copy the files to your PC - pictures, documents, etc.) is reflash the ROM. Which will have to rebuild the Dalvik cache, so be prepared to wait for that first restart to finish.
    12-27-2014 11:00 PM
    OK, well it's weird because nothing else seems different except for some missing apps and missing play store. When I go into my systems and then manage apps, I can look at system apps and Google services is there...but I can't get it to launch or anything. and TiBu is stuck trying to restore Google Play or any of my other apps. What did I do?!
    12-28-2014 12:26 AM