07-08-2013 01:37 PM
972 ... 3334353637 ...
tools
    The downloads for windows that do not have a x64 will work.
    When I try to install the 64 bit version it says it is not a valid Win32 application. What do I do now ?
    10-06-2011 12:58 PM
    Anyone ?
    10-07-2011 01:29 AM
    Did you go to the oracle/sun website? it should detect your OS and offer you the correct version.
    btw, if you just want to root, gingerbreak from xda works well.
    if you need adb, you don't have to have or get the whole Android sdk, you can google around and find zipped downloads with just adb, fastboot,.and the .dll files needed to use those tools.
    When I try to install the 64 bit version it says it is not a valid Win32 application. What do I do now ?
    10-07-2011 08:25 AM
    I'm having several problems. First my computer keeps saying it can't install drivers, even though I have already installed them. Then I tried SuperOneClick, and it keeps saying (Not Responding). I would really like to root this phone, but my computer, for whatever reason, doesn't like my phone and won't connect to it ever.

SuperOneClick says Waiting for Device and then just stops responding.
    10-07-2011 02:27 PM
    superoneclick works on older ov's with froyo 2.2.1 but not on froyo 2.2.2
    gingerbreak works on newer ov's with froyo 2.2.2
    10-07-2011 02:34 PM
    Amazing. I spent nearly 2 hours trying this method and failed. Then I tried this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...v-2-2-2-a.html.
    I took less than 10 minutes to root my optimus v phone ver. 2.2.2 in order to use "root explorer" to delete the accounts.db file so that i could reset the default google account without a factory reset. So yes, definitely use gingerbreak immediately if you have 2.2.2. Don't waste your time with the other method.
    10-11-2011 05:41 AM
    The whole tutorial worked wonderfully with minimal hassle. Good job!
    10-15-2011 11:00 AM
    omg I LOVE YOU (in a non creepy fashion) I have DREAMED of rooting my phone and FINALLY after a bit of troubles with the cmd I finally have root! THANK YOU!
    10-15-2011 11:44 AM
    so i get to the step of pushing the su onto the phone and it says the /system/bin/su is a read only file system. tips?
    10-16-2011 09:19 AM
    (After entering the next line, adb shell, you should have a "#" prompt, if instead you see "$", SuperOneClick has not been able to gain access to your phone. Go Back to step 3 and try again).
    adb shell
    mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /system /system
    exit
    if you get an error, or your adb shell prompt is a $, you can't push to /system.
    10-16-2011 09:21 AM
    PSnueter is not generally used for 2.3.3...any ideas on settings LG Optimus S.
    10-18-2011 04:38 AM
    I am a n00b with Android and have the following question. Are EVDO authorization credentials such as MIP/PPP username and password are set within OS, i.e. built-in into PPP daemon? If so, then rooting is required to modify those settings (for example, to use the firmware with another Carrier).

Or are they stored separately, outside of- and external to Android OS? If, so rooting neither required, nor helpful to modify EVDO authorization credentials.
    10-21-2011 01:03 AM
    Hi all,

Finally wanting to root my V at least to get the crap apps off there that VM put on since I'm running out of space. I see this post was written almost a year ago. Are the steps in the OP still the best way to root my phone or are there newer or more updated steps I should follow.

Thanks!
    11-03-2011 01:59 PM
    it's outdated.
    check the stickys at the top of this forum you're in now
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ng-roms-hacks/
    11-03-2011 03:03 PM
    when i use adb push su /system/bin - through- chmod 555 busybox
    it says things like "su" is not recognized as an internal, or external command, etc. help?
    11-03-2011 03:43 PM
    Ive followed everydetail yet when I run Superoneclock it only gets me this far "chmod psneuter...
    error: closed

FAILED" Any ideas?

I may have accidentally accepted an OTA but cant be sure. I notice that this thread is a bit older and I just got my phone in september, could they have fixed the exploit?
    11-04-2011 12:58 PM
    re: this thread, a couple posts above yours:
    it's outdated.
    check the stickys at the top of this forum you're in now
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ng-roms-hacks/
    11-04-2011 02:58 PM
    so does any one really know if the phone has to be activated to get root and other roms working. I have read thru the post and see some people say they have 1/2 way whatever that means. I have tried all meathods...(please dont suggest another i've tried it uless you currently have a NON ACTIVATED lg optimus V and your meathod worked) i have RAN, pushed, ginergreaker, psnerter, zergrush, superoneclick, etc. NO luck. im probably being stupid as i have rooted tons of other phones but never a pre paid that is not activated. I am not activating either.

so ideas?
    11-19-2011 10:41 AM
    superoneclick gets stuck on step #3??? suggestions? i have waited almost an hour and its just sitting there.

FYI I have factory reset my phone and ran several times and s1c always gets stuck on #3. MY phone is not activated.

Thanks
    11-19-2011 10:59 AM
    ahh finally got it rooted. Using manual root and PUSHING to phone. SU is a go roms a go so phone doesnt have to be activated. Yes im slow....:
    11-19-2011 11:41 AM
    ahh finally got it rooted. Using manual root and PUSHING to phone. SU is a go roms a go so phone doesnt have to be activated. Yes im slow....:
    I also have an Optimus V that is not activated. Can you please point me to the instructions you used to root it. I need explicit instructions since I have not owned a smart phone. Thanks
    11-19-2011 01:11 PM
    I've updated my guide:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ustom-rom.html

Feel free to suggest updates to make it clearer/easier. Activate needs to run on a FROYO ROM, Gingerbread won't work. Root & activate are independent of each other, root allows uninstalling crapware & installing a custom ROM.
    11-19-2011 01:53 PM
    I've updated my guide:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ustom-rom.html

Feel free to suggest updates to make it clearer/easier. Activate needs to run on a FROYO ROM, Gingerbread won't work. Root & activate are independent of each other, root allows uninstalling crapware & installing a custom ROM.
    Should I activate the phone first and then do the rooting?
    11-19-2011 03:47 PM
    Should I activate the phone first and then do the rooting?
    Doesn't matter, just active before flashing to a Gingerbread ROM.
    mehndi likes this.
    11-19-2011 04:34 PM
    so.. ive followed all the steps, now i am running superoneclick after clicking shell root this happens..

Killing ADB server... killserver 0.15s
    starting ADB server.. StarterServer 24.43s *daemon not running. starting it now on port 5...

and then superoneclick stops responding.. any advice?
    11-19-2011 04:53 PM
972 ... 3334353637 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD