07-08-2013 02:37 PM
972 ... 56789 ...
tools
    @Liath

Thanks for your help. I had downloaded the drivers from the LG support tools website, but they didn't work. Your link did the trick.
    03-22-2011 11:39 AM
    Sorry if this is a really stupid question. I want to do this and it will be my first time doing it on a phone. I have done this kind of thing thought to just about everything else I own. Is there a option or way to make a save of the phone if you ever want to go back to stock before the root? Its just something I am wondering about and can not seem to figure it out.
    03-22-2011 01:19 PM
    finally successfully rooted my phone.
    i had to download the drivers from Drivers & Resources - LG Forum
    to get SuperOneClick to work.
    03-22-2011 04:11 PM
    I tried getting the Xionia recovery, and when I go into recovery now it turns into a blue screen with white letters saying:

Fastboot
    udc_start()
    03-22-2011 09:10 PM
    Hi! Is the Optimus V same with Optimus One?

There is a lot of Optimus Phones. Which of them same?

Optimus S?
    Optimus V?
    Optimus T?
    Optimus One?
    P503?
    P500?

What are theese?

My phone is LG Optimus One v10e. Can i use this guide for root?
    03-23-2011 09:49 AM
    What would be the most stable recovery image to install ??
    Does the ClockworkMod work well on the Optimus V ?
    03-23-2011 02:22 PM
    okay i get to set 4 but when i type adb shell in command promt it wont reconize it. what do i do??
    03-24-2011 01:03 PM
    Since the update of Windows 7 64 to SP1 you need to fix the driver signing issues to proceed.

Android Platform Sooner Single ADB Interface error is fix by signing the driver itself very easy to google and fix.
    03-25-2011 06:30 AM
    The instructions to root the phone seem to require Windows. Question, can this be done from Ubuntu?

Found this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1002937

But it seems that he had to resort to Windows in the end :/ I will if I have to, it's just not preferable to me.
    03-25-2011 11:19 AM
    finally successfully rooted my phone.
    i had to download the drivers from Drivers & Resources - LG Forum
    to get SuperOneClick to work.
    I am pulling my hair out trying to get these drivers to install properly on Windows 7 in virtualbox. It's 32-bit, so I don't have the driver signing issue, but the driver will not install properly. I've also tried to just let Windows 7 install the drivers when I plug in the USB, but it tells me the driver wasn't installed properly either. Anyone with some ideas?
    03-26-2011 07:13 PM
    Can root be accomplished thru a Win XP box ?
    03-27-2011 12:24 AM
    hi, total newb question, i accidentally pressed "root" and not "shell root" i waited until superoneclick was done doing whatever it did and unplugged it and rebooted it to see if anything went wrong and it still worked fine. out of curiosity i check on a terminal emulator, typed su and got the # sign. i also installed titanium backup and it gave me no error messages, my question is this, did i just get lucky and successfully root my optimus v or is it a ticking time bomb waiting to brick. to add more details this is all i did "installed the sdk, plugged my phone in debug mode and ran superoneclick, nothing else. any help is appreciated
    03-27-2011 01:17 AM
    I was able to root from Linux. Instead of Step 3, above, do the following:
    First, unzip the SuperOneClick zip file and copy psneuter to the directory with adb. I used version 1.6.5

Now run these commands from the directory with adb:

./adb push psneuter /data/local/tmp

./adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/psneuter

./adb shell /data/local/tmp/psneuter

You can now continue with Step 4
    Thank you so much for this. I was able to root using rageagainstthecage using these directions. Psneuter would not work for me.
    03-27-2011 03:05 PM
    what do I do if my super one click isn't working I get a waiting for device error. If i touch it i always get a not responding ... .. i am using a virgin mobile optimus v
    03-27-2011 08:47 PM
    is there a way to do this root on Linux? also just so I get this straight this only gives root.. but does that mean I can get rid of virgins bloatware?
    sorry for noobish questions Im very new to hardware hackery!
    03-28-2011 06:48 PM
    I'm having a few problems... I tried just downloading the files the above said to download for the android SDK manager and i get this in the info box:

Downloading Android SDK Platform-tools, revision 3
    Installing Android SDK Platform-tools, revision 3
    'adb kill-server' failed -- run manually if necessary.
    Unzip failed: C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\llvm-rs-cc.exe (Access is denied)
    Downloading SDK Platform Android 2.2, API 8, revision 2
    Installing SDK Platform Android 2.2, API 8, revision 2
    Unzip failed: C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platforms\android-8\tools\aidl.exe (Access is denied)
    Skipping 'Google APIs by Google Inc., Android API 8, revision 2'; it depends on 'SDK Platform Android 2.2, API 8, revision 2' which was not installed.

This is from just installing the one file:
    SDK Platform Android 2.2, API8, revision 2

When I install all files from the repository i normally het it most of the way installed but under devise manager the ADB nook for Android Sooner Single
    ADB Interface is getting me a yellow exclamation mark. Ive tried everything to get rid of it but cannot.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx
    -Odd
    03-28-2011 11:30 PM
    I've followed the instruction very clearly, yet superoneclick continues to get stuck and not root my phone

Please help. I'm running W7 64bit
    03-29-2011 12:29 AM
    I've followed the instruction very clearly, yet superoneclick continues to get stuck and not root my phone

Please help. I'm running W7 64bit
    I finally got SuperOneClick to find my devise... I downloaded this file and installed 1.exe, 2.exe, and 3.exe

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...-v2-3-1-a.html

download the romtoolsv2.3.1 the drivers are in there. Make sure to delete the older lg drivers if you installed them first. From there I am lost on how to flash a kernel and all that. I am trying to install gingerbread 2.3.3 but have no clue where to put anything on my sdcard or what i am suppost to do ... if anyone can help there id appreciate it.

thanx,
    -Odd
    jim72, gsrrr and poppybe like this.
    03-29-2011 02:11 AM
    I did everything it said in the first post and it seems I got it right. Everything confirms I have rooted the phone. My question is how do I make a recovery for the phone if I ever need or want to get it back to the way it was? I mean before the root I think? I have heard people talking about entering recovery but no idea what that means, something about holding certain buttons while turning the phone on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    03-29-2011 04:21 AM
    I finally got SuperOneClick to find my devise... I downloaded this file and installed 1.exe, 2.exe, and 3.exe

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...-v2-3-1-a.html

download the romtoolsv2.3.1 the drivers are in there. Make sure to delete the older lg drivers if you installed them first.
    -Odd
    I was stuck in "waiting for device" until I read your post. I grabbed the drivers from the file you linked. I installed 1,2, and 3. And just like that, everything worked perfectly.

Thanks for the drivers!
    03-29-2011 01:50 PM
    I'm able to get root on my newly bought Optimus V using the SuperOneClick program. I was able to bring up an adb shell and copy su and busybox (and set permissions) as detailed.

I used Romtools to install the recovery image 'xiona_cwma_12518.6.img' by copying it as 'recovery.img' in the romtools directory. It said it did this and then rebooted the phone to recovery.

I used Romtools to copy the Xiona-VM.zip as 'ROM.zip' on the sd card. It says it works and then on the recovery reboot it says it cannot find rom.zip and fails to flash it. Comes up with an error saying it cannot mount mmcblk0 or something like that.

There's only 4 options 'reboot', 'apply update.zip from sd' 'wipe data/reset' and 'wipe cache'. The text is in blue. Did the recovery.img actually get loaded?

Any ideas? Thanks

Update: I misread saving the file as 'vrecovery.img' and did so did not have the custom recovery installed. Redoing that and then getting romtools to flash the image worked fine.
    03-29-2011 03:08 PM
    Great guide! thanks so much, Only took me 5-10 minutes to root my Optimus V!
    03-29-2011 04:01 PM
    Dumb question...I followed the steps and have root access...used titainium backup and then tried to uninstall some preinstalled apps like WHERE. But the app seems to still be there but I cant launch it. How do I completely remove unwanted apps?

I rebooted and see the apps have disappeared from the app locker....BUT the space on the internal storage of the phone stayed the same????

Thanks so much
    03-29-2011 10:42 PM
    I rebooted and see the apps have disappeared from the app locker....BUT the space on the internal storage of the phone stayed the same????
    I'm trying to figure that out too. Apparently the system, data and cache areas are distinct and so removing the crapware from the system area does not give you more area in 'data'. I am going to try the data2ext modification once my faster speed 8GB SD card arrives within the next day or two. That will actually use a partition on the SD card as the phone's data area.

I am not sure if it is wise to remount /system as read-write and copy apps into the system/app area. I also would love to find a simple on-phone android terminal program so it is possible to do things like 'ls' and 'df' etc. (like a Linux shell) to explore what is using what space on the live phone filesystems.

Edit: Found the Terminal Emulator program which does what I want
    03-30-2011 12:28 AM
    on step #4 do i copy and paste that into CMD or type it in im stumped please help.
    03-31-2011 01:23 PM
972 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD