[How-To] Root the LG Optimus V

jbustamovej

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The steps worked great for me RevolutionRed. Thank you!

Does anyone know why Windows prompt me to reinstall my phone drivers after the reboot in Step 4? Windows finds the drivers after I tell it not to go look for them, but I'm just curious.

irish79pride

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
im getting ready to root my lg optimus v...im getting ROMTools v2.3.1,& asopcwmod recovery v3.0.2.4,& backside-IHO ROM. MY PROBLEM IS I DONT KNOW HOW TO GET STARTED, IM NEW AT THIS AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I DOWNLOAD TO MY COMPUTER AND WHAT I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD TO MY PHONE, THERE ARE POSTS AND FORUMS ON THIS STUFF BUT THEY DONT MAKE SENSE TO ME, SO IF ANYONE CAN GIVE ME A STEP BY STEP STARTING WITH ROMTOOLS TO THE ROOTING OF MY PHONE TO INSTALLING THE ROM, I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL..

chucksaysblah

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
im getting ready to root my lg optimus v...im getting ROMTools v2.3.1,& asopcwmod recovery v3.0.2.4,& backside-IHO ROM. MY PROBLEM IS I DONT KNOW HOW TO GET STARTED, IM NEW AT THIS AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I DOWNLOAD TO MY COMPUTER AND WHAT I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD TO MY PHONE, THERE ARE POSTS AND FORUMS ON THIS STUFF BUT THEY DONT MAKE SENSE TO ME, SO IF ANYONE CAN GIVE ME A STEP BY STEP STARTING WITH ROMTOOLS TO THE ROOTING OF MY PHONE TO INSTALLING THE ROM, I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL..

Go to the first page of this thread and read the directions and follow them to the letter like i did and you can root your phone easily. I took me three times l9onger to install all of the drivers and stuff than it did to actually root it. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE DETAILED TUTORIAL ON THIS as it was extremely easy to follow and extremely effective!

saldroid

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Getting manufacturer...
startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.
Parameter name: startIndex
FAILED

something went wrong for me :'(

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
if you google around, you can find zip files with just adb and fastboot, for m$windoze or linux.
all you need is adb, but if you've got one of those 2.2.2 phones, you'll not be able to use this anyway... try gingerbreak.

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I had a quick question. Do I have to activate the phone with VM before doing the rooting procedure?

I have the same question...when I try to enter code to activate phone it dials a bad number?

There is no activate option with the CyanogenMod settings?

Thanks

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Followup: Turns out since the phone was previously activated it didn't need to be programmed again...but...otherwise it seems I would have been SOL?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Followup: Turns out since the phone was previously activated it didn't need to be programmed again...but...otherwise it seems I would have been SOL?

Rooting and activation arent connected in anyway but a Custom Rom might make activation impossible requiring restoration of a nandroid backup when activation is needed.

heather2626

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Currently, superoneclick only gives a temp root on this phone. Several people tried to do a permanent one, but it didn't work. With the temp root, you have two options:

1. Flash a custom recovery that will put whatever rom you want on the phone
2. Do the perm root manually, as I've shown above.

What about using Gingerbreak 1.2 ?
I used it and Root Checker app says I have a rooted phone, SuperUser & BusyBox are installed and work fine, flashed ClockworkMOD & even changed the font on my phone, but when I try to "Reboot into Recovery" I get a blue fastboot screen that says

Fastboot mode started
gpio_i2c: invalid khz: 0
bl: i2c write error
udc_start( )

I have to then take my battery out to restart my phone. I've done searches on this, but am lost...What am I supposed to do so I can get it to that recovery bootloader screen?

Last edited:

heather2626

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I really wish I knew what was going on with my phone so I could change my ROM.

I downloaded one to my phone with ROM Manager, but still can't REBOOT INTO RECOVERY since I'm getting that blue fastboot error screen :-(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995