[How-To] Root the LG Optimus V

muddy46

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Follow directions to the T but after typing "adb push su /system/bin" I keep getting "cannot stat ' su' : No such file or directory". Please help!:'(

garybeckvt

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
- Drivers for the LG phone installed on your computer. Instructions can be FOUND HERE courtesy of our favorite android hacker, modder, developer, blogger (jack of all trades)

When I tried this, there is no selection for the Optimus V (model VM670).

I installed the LG mobile support app.
when I run it and try to install the USB driver for my phone, it asks me the model. I select VM as the carrier and the 670 does not appear. There are 5 models listed 101,510,696, 701 and 200.

Makes me kinda nervous to install drivers for a different phone.

Advice ?

thanks
gary in vermont

Reactions: mmkaho

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
SuperOneClick will only work on the ZV4 V's. These where sold before December of 2011.
If you have a ZV5 you could use the Gingerbreak.apk, which will work on ZV4 and ZV5. If you have a ZV9 Baseband V then it would be better to use this: EManUL3XXX Optimus V Root.zip this will work on all baseband versions.

ssiebor14

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
i am having trouble finding out how to root i downloaded gingerbreak root an tried doing all that .. i went and clicked root an it ran for bout an hour anD STILL DIDNT ROOT helpp!!!

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
If someone has this file, can you please share it? If the user requests it, it is their responsibility as far as what they do with it.

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
When did you buy the phone and from where? I'm trying to find out what type of screen you have. These phones were made with two different screens requiring different drivers. You have to help us help you.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
can you provide us with ZV4.cab file please
and i need it becu is stuck on lg logo screen

I don't have a ZV4.cab file. I've never messed around with basebands. There are a few people on this forum who are well versed in the process. SammyZ is one of them. You should send him a PM.

This space intentionally left blank.

BigBooyaw

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for posing this information. I have an LG Optimus V and I am hating not having enough internal memory and the apps that were on the phone when I bought it. Google Maps is just outrages in size and not being able to put it on the SD card is a pain, and Mapquest is a better app..

rooin515

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Very very much a newbie here, and I'm embarassingly already stumped.

I'm following the original post on this thread in order to try to root my LG Optimus V.

First, under "things I'll need" - I downloaded and installed the Sun JDK. All good. Yay!

Next, I downloaded the Windows SDK bundle. I unzipped it into the c:/ folder -- it's called "adt-bundle-windows-x86_64". Inside that is "adt-bundle-windows". Inside that are two folders for "eclipse" and "sdk".

So the next thing the instructions tell me to do is open the SDK manager. Presumably, based on the instructions, for me that would be "c:\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64\SDK Manager.exe", but no such file exists. Nor in c:\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64\adt-bundle-windows either. Nor in the sdk folder inside of that. It's not obviously in "tools" or "platform-tools" inside THAT, either.

Did I install the Android SDK properly? Simply by copying and pasting the files into c:/, is that installing? If so, where is the SDK manager?