06-08-2012 07:09 PM
58 123
tools
    Ok Wifi works if I flash the kernel with VM ramdisk. I guess there is some change there for Wifi.

Accelerometer still broken. It looks like there's some difference in the ramdisk that breaks it according to this post.
    02-19-2011 10:29 AM
    I'm asking someone more proficient with the Optimus V to take over official Xionia Releases so that we can resolve this wifi/accelerometer issue once and for all
    02-19-2011 10:35 AM
    I'm asking someone more proficient with the Optimus V to take over official Xionia Releases so that we can resolve this wifi/accelerometer issue once and for all
    RevolutionRed would be the one to ask, he said the kernel for VM initializes the accelerometer differently, which is why he modified the S Xionia initrd to work on our phones.

Kernel issues aside though, why is the recovery you posted not the CWMA? Its the GNM recovery.

Has anyone flashed the kernel only edition? What happened? That version since it retains our initrd should have accelerometer and wifi. Just make sure you mount system prior to flashing.
    02-19-2011 01:56 PM
    Has anyone flashed the kernel only edition? What happened? That version since it retains our initrd should have accelerometer and wifi. Just make sure you mount system prior to flashing.
    That's what I did first, but WiFi and accelerometer both didn't work for me. I could only get WiFi working by flashing image with VM stock ramdisk.
    02-19-2011 02:13 PM
    RevolutionRed would be the one to ask, he said the kernel for VM initializes the accelerometer differently, which is why he modified the S Xionia initrd to work on our phones.

Kernel issues aside though, why is the recovery you posted not the CWMA? Its the GNM recovery.

because I bundled the wrong ramdisk xD
    02-20-2011 08:38 AM
    i hope that means its fixed now and i can move over to sweet sweet 2.3?
    02-20-2011 11:34 AM
    How to Install
    Most custom recovery (if not all, including mine) have a bug with the CM7 nighty's that does not properly wipe /system.
    This can leave leftover files that we had removed, which can cause trouble with the new files.
    THEREFORE please use the following method to flash each new NIGHTLY:
    1) Flash FormatSYSTEM.zip
    2) Then flash the current NIGHTLY
    3) flash xionia_kernel_008_virgin_bootimg_cyanogen.zip
    4) Then flash Google Apps
    5) reboot
    i want to confirm this works! also go sign up for the swype open beta and it works as well (their is a known issue with fastboot, on reboot you have to switch to the default soft keyboard and then back to swype for it to work again) also i had to do a factory rest from custom recovery as it hung on first boot but its FINE now =D
    02-20-2011 08:37 PM
    Love this ROM. Amazing.

And, thanks for the Swype tip, previous poster; works well too.

What version is the clockword mod recovery image in this?

And, is there a way to run the new beta clockword mod 3.0.0.6 with the "FormatSYSTEM.zip" folder (which would apparently require redoing the zip file to use a more modern script for flashing)? I keep getting errors saying that a script used in the "FormatSYSTEM.zip" folder is deprecated in CVM 3.0+, and don't know where to download a different .zip file that would serve the same purpose.

And, lastly, where does one go for the betas of this ROM (nightlies or whatever else he wants to release)? The Pro tips reference subscribing to ROM Manager, but ROM manager requires flashing a recovery image (with Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V not being on the list of supported phone) before showing nightlies. Help?

Thanks in advance.
    02-22-2011 10:35 PM
    First of all, let me say this kernel is awesome! Works perfectly with CM7 but the only issue I am having is that the Home-Settings buttons are reversed. Does anyone know a fix for this?

I flashed this kernel: xionia_kernel_008_virgin_bootimg_cyanogen.zip

Thanks for any help...

BTW, keep up the great work.
    03-06-2011 10:00 PM
    An app called button remapper.
    Its buttons 102 and 139

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=850464
    bn likes this.
    03-06-2011 10:35 PM
    An app called button remapper.
    Its buttons 102 and 139

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=850464
    AWESOME! Got the job done. Thanks.

- My name is HondaCop and I approve this message.
    03-06-2011 11:20 PM
    Love this ROM. Amazing.

And, thanks for the Swype tip, previous poster; works well too.

What version is the clockword mod recovery image in this?

And, is there a way to run the new beta clockword mod 3.0.0.6 with the "FormatSYSTEM.zip" folder (which would apparently require redoing the zip file to use a more modern script for flashing)? I keep getting errors saying that a script used in the "FormatSYSTEM.zip" folder is deprecated in CVM 3.0+, and don't know where to download a different .zip file that would serve the same purpose.

And, lastly, where does one go for the betas of this ROM (nightlies or whatever else he wants to release)? The Pro tips reference subscribing to ROM Manager, but ROM manager requires flashing a recovery image (with Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V not being on the list of supported phone) before showing nightlies. Help?

Thanks in advance.
    1. not sure 2 what version
    2. for the formatSTSYEM function boot into recovery> go 2 mounts & storage> then u will see format system
    **same directions for Xionia CWM & CWM 3.0+**
    03-07-2011 04:32 AM
    Just for giggles I thought I'd test this on my LG Vortex, and the only problems I've found in my 15 minutes of testing is Tethering doesn't work, and neither does the accelerometer. Gosh I wish there was a Xionia kernel for the Vortex. It's the thunderc but non-sprint.

Overclock works. If I just knew how to enable overclocking on the VS660 kernel I'd be so happy. D: That's the only feature I really want from this.

EDIT: Tethering includes WiFi, and this is on the default Vortex ROM.
    03-08-2011 08:14 PM
    Left post on Sprint thread, and got no answer, so I thought I would try here (probably should have tried here first).

Will we be getting our Virgin Mobile Xionia goodies updated to .5 (for the recovery) and v10 (for the kernel)? Or, are those Sprint-Optimus-S specific changes/improvements to .4 and v8, respectively?

Thanks for letting us know, Zefie (or other).
    03-18-2011 02:22 PM
    Now that Xionia kernel is up to v13 and CWMA is up to .6 (both of which are stable and at .33 linux kernel version) for Optimus S, and the github link in the first post has not been updated (i.e., broken link now), any chance that you (Zefie) will update your kernel (and kernel source) to work with Optimus V?

Thanks for letting us know one way or another.

Left post on Sprint thread, and got no answer, so I thought I would try here (probably should have tried here first).

Will we be getting our Virgin Mobile Xionia goodies updated to .5 (for the recovery) and v10 (for the kernel)? Or, are those Sprint-Optimus-S specific changes/improvements to .4 and v8, respectively?

Thanks for letting us know, Zefie (or other).
    03-19-2011 01:34 AM
    v013 works on my V so far, since yesterday. Haven't tried new recovery. Swype has died a couple times (force close) but that could be due to my own messing with the phone systems.
    03-19-2011 10:05 AM
    v013 works on my V so far, since yesterday. Haven't tried new recovery. Swype has died a couple times (force close) but that could be due to my own messing with the phone systems.
    When you say that it works on your V, is that with or without the swapped home/menu keys? I would prefer a "native" (i.e., no swap) V kernel.
    03-19-2011 11:36 AM
    Here is your official Xionia Port xD

Source Code
    https://github.com/zefie/thunderc_ke...e/virginmobile
    Link in first post to source is dead.

Wondering if it will be updated, and (more importantly) if the Xionia kernel (VM edition) will be updated to v13.

Thanks for all the hard work, Zefie, and for letting us know.
    03-20-2011 11:17 PM
    for source, try here
    https://github.com/zefie/
    03-22-2011 01:41 PM
    I'm a noob that's confused, which kernel is the newest that'll work with this rom?
    [ROM] aospCMod for LG Optimus V | AOSP 2.3.3 / CM7 (Gingerbread) [03/22/2011] - xda-developers
    03-22-2011 03:46 PM
    Can someone upload the recovery, the Dropbox link is dead.
    06-05-2011 02:17 AM
    06-05-2011 04:50 PM
    Why is the Virgin kernel a .rar? Every other one is a .zip.
    06-07-2011 12:08 PM
    I am currently stuck on a recovery loop with clockworkmod's rom manager v3.2 on my Optimus V after foolishly trying to use LG's factory reset. I read that Xionia's recovery can help me out of the loop. Any suggestions on how to install this Xionia's recovery while in the recovery loop? Or how to get out of it, in general?
    06-23-2011 03:04 AM
    Why is the Virgin kernel a .rar? Every other one is a .zip.
    It's a different type, but it doesn't matter, the file is no longer there, and it didn't work as expected.
    The recovery however works fantastic.

I am currently stuck on a recovery loop with clockworkmod's rom manager v3.2 on my Optimus V after foolishly trying to use LG's factory reset. I read that Xionia's recovery can help me out of the loop. Any suggestions on how to install this Xionia's recovery while in the recovery loop? Or how to get out of it, in general?
    If you can boot the rom you can flash through terminal emulator, which is quite easy actually and my preferred way of flashing recoveries.

Recovery is here:
    xionia_cwma_12518.4_virgin.rar

Guide to flashing from inside the rom is here:
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...very-easy.html

Otherwise check the sticky, Marzz has a few things in the faq that can help as well as last ditch effort ideas.
    06-23-2011 05:02 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD