Cyanogen 6 ROM for the Optimus V

dEris

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
It seems like everyone side stepped CM6 and went straight to CM7. Gingerbread is awesome and all, but I would love to have the battery life of Froyo. Yeah, I could run some Froyo ROMs I've seen out here, but kind of prefer Cyanogen.

I've tried searching... everywhere. Came out empty handed. Has anyone ran into one that I might have missed? Much appreciated. Thanks.

[ Sent from an LG Optimus V - PREPAIDANDROIDS.NET ]

00damedash

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I was just saying thiz in my head also lol cuz 4 now cm7 iz a fail till all the bugs are ironed out & i bet mms would work 2!! Cm6 iz hands down 1 of the best ***stable*** roms out!!!! Hopefully a dev ports it tho

1+ for cm6

takehull

Hipster Retro Jelly Bean
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I was just saying thiz in my head also lol cuz 4 now cm7 iz a fail till all the bugs are ironed out & i bet mms would work 2!! Cm6 iz hands down 1 of the best ***stable*** roms out!!!! Hopefully a dev ports it tho

1+ for cm6

Mms likely wouldn't work.

MMS not working is due to VM encoding the apns for MMS into the Messaging app. Unless someone can recompile the Mms.apk from a stock Virgin phone to work with aospMod or Xionia, receiving MMS is likely to be borked for good.

dEris

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Mms likely wouldn't work.

MMS not working is due to VM encoding the apns for MMS into the Messaging app. Unless someone can recompile the Mms.apk from a stock Virgin phone to work with aospMod or Xionia, receiving MMS is likely to be borked for good.

Ok, so MMS will probably only work with stock Froyo? I don't get it. Something to do with the kernal?

[ Sent from an LG Optimus V ]

takehull

Hipster Retro Jelly Bean
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so MMS will probably only work with stock Froyo? I don't get it. Something to do with the kernal?

[ Sent from an LG Optimus V ]

Its the Mms.apk.

If you go into it(If you use Root Explorer, go into /system/app and click on Mms.apk and select "View." Go into the res/xml directory and there are a few xml documents that encode the apns for MMS into the .apk. It looks radically different from what you see in aosp.

Unfortunately, I haven't a clue as to where to start, so I'll just have to wait for it to start working like the rest of us.

dEris

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I've contacted one dev who has ported CM6 and CM7 to the Huawei Ascend. He also owns the Optimus V, hopefully I can talk him into cooking up a CM6 rom or maybe creating a new CM7 rom (with better battery life) for the OV

Helgaiden

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
yeah get him to do CM6 with the hacked flash baked in (my Eris had flash on a custom rom, why shouldnt this?) and working MMS and im all over it lol. Maybe have him take a look at the xionia kernel to get an idea of what tweaks to start with to speed up the phone.

aliaselchore

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
im with you

I've contacted one dev who has ported CM6 and CM7 to the Huawei Ascend. He also owns the Optimus V, hopefully I can talk him into cooking up a CM6 rom or maybe creating a new CM7 rom (with better battery life) for the OV

Cool....... Ill donate to that jajaja that would be the s#!%

eggFuJON

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site

It would be awesome for him to just make a Cyanogen 6 rom. The battery life will be outstanding on a CM Froyo rom, especially compared to the two 2.3 roms we have already. Besides, there are already two 2.3 Gingerbread roms and I honestly think a stable CM6 rom would be the top choice of most everyone here with an Optimus V.

mysticalnyte

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
It would be awesome for him to just make a Cyanogen 6 rom. The battery life will be outstanding on a CM Froyo rom, especially compared to the two 2.3 roms we have already. Besides, there are already two 2.3 Gingerbread roms and I honestly think a stable CM6 rom would be the top choice of most everyone here with an Optimus V.

*bump*

I agree!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy