04-22-2012 02:06 AM
39 12
tools
    From Computer World - page last update April 9:

• LG Optimus One [UPDATED 4/2/12]: LG has confirmed that all of its Optimus One phones will receive the Android 2.3 upgrade. This includes the Optimus S on Sprint, the Optimus T on T-Mobile, and the LG Vortex on Verizon, as well as the Optimus C on Cricket Wireless, the Optimus M on MetroPCS, the Optimus U on U.S. Cellular, and the Optimus V on Virgin Mobile. Some specifics:

• In early July 2011, LG announced it was pushing the upgrade to Optimus One users in Romania and Russia.

• On September 14, 2011, Sprint announced it was beginning the Android 2.3 rollout for its Optimus S phone. Shortly thereafter, however, the carrier suspended the update due to problems reported by users. After a six-month delay, Sprint announced it was resuming the rollout in April of 2012. The carrier says the upgrade will be sent to users over-the-air beginning April 4. The rollout will take place in waves, with a subset of phones receiving the software each day. Sprint says all Optimus S users should have the upgrade within three weeks.

• In early October, Optimus One P500 users in India reported receiving Gingerbread on their devices.

All I can do is paraphrase one of the great movie lines of all time: "Yippee Kai Yay LG"
    04-21-2012 03:03 PM
    Installing a custom rom is an extremely easy thing to do.

[HOW-TO] Simplified Root + Recovery + Custom ROM - xda-developers

Follow all the instructions they give you. I followed this forum on my first attempt to install a rom. You can install any rom you want IHO Backside, Harmonai, or whatever. Just follow the directions word for word!!!
    04-21-2012 03:26 PM
    The Computer World article is meaningless. Here's why: if you click through the links they use as citations, you get here http://www.lg.com/us/public-notices/...one-os-upgrade . And yes, that's from 2010. So no real news, and I personally don't think we'll ever get stock gingerbread. But I've been proven wrong before...
    04-21-2012 04:37 PM
    You 'forgot' to mention these words form the Computer World article: "LG Optimus One [UPDATED 4/2/12]:" Granted, no sources are cited for the more recent date but I trust the author, a journalist, of the article rather than a poster who says: " "I ... don't think[which is used as a synonym of believe in this case]"...

Moreover, the date of July 2 sticks in my head based on earlier research I've done on the LG phones blog, but then that's just what I think
    04-21-2012 05:01 PM
    I doubt we will get an update ever because we are getting the optimus elite.
    04-21-2012 05:17 PM
    You 'forgot' to mention these words form the Computer World article: "LG Optimus One [UPDATED 4/2/12]:" Granted, no sources are cited for the more recent date but I trust the author, a journalist, of the article rather than a poster who says: " "I ... don't think[which is used as a synonym of believe in this case]"...

Moreover, the date of July 2 sticks in my head based on earlier research I've done on the LG phones blog, but then that's just what I think
    With all due respect, I disagree. Since no sources for the updated information are cited, how can we know he's any more reliable than some random poster like you or me?

And you think it will come out on July 2nd, I don't think it will ever come out. That's what we both think; I don't see any problem with that.
    04-21-2012 06:28 PM
    virgin mobile has stated there will be no update. go ask on Facebook they'll be more than cheerful while they tell you.
    04-21-2012 06:33 PM
    virgin mobile has stated there will be no update. go ask on Facebook they'll be more than cheerful while they tell you.
    The Article was relating what LG was saying. Have you checked the Facebook pages for Cricket, T-Mobile and all the other carriers who offer their version of the Optimus one?
    04-21-2012 07:23 PM
    With all due respect, I disagree. Since no sources for the updated information are cited, how can we know he's any more reliable than some random poster like you or me?

And you think it will come out on July 2nd, I don't think it will ever come out. That's what we both think; I don't see any problem with that.
    Thinking, when used as a synonym for believing, is counterproductive. That's why I provided the information as reported by Computer World - so readers can add that info to their diverse database and after a reasoned analysis of those data can then arrive at an honest, objective conclusion rather than a decision based on belief.
    04-21-2012 07:43 PM
    Thinking, when used as a synonym for believing, is counterproductive. That's why I provided the information as reported by Computer World - so readers can add that info to their diverse database and after a reasoned analysis of those data can then arrive at an honest, objective conclusion rather than a decision based on belief.
    It never ceases to amaze me how far people will go just to not appear to be wrong.
    04-21-2012 10:13 PM
    The Article was relating what LG was saying. Have you checked the Facebook pages for Cricket, T-Mobile and all the other carriers who offer their version of the Optimus one?
    well seeing as the title of the topic is gingerbread for optimus v,i didnt think it relevant to mention any other carrier except virgin mobile. because the v is branded to this company and they've made it clear that it will not see a gingerbread update,so what any other optimus variant is or isn't getting isn't relevant to the optimus v as far as an over the air update from the carrier.
    04-21-2012 10:23 PM
    It never ceases to amaze me how far people will go just to not appear to be wrong.
    My tween daughter, too, when she buh-leeved she was the center of the universe, that the world revolved around her, constantly engaged in projection. But thankfully, with a wee bit of help from me and some wise, mature choices on her part, she grewTFU...
    04-22-2012 01:59 AM
    well seeing as the title of the topic is gingerbread for optimus v,i didnt think it relevant to mention any other carrier except virgin mobile. because the v is branded to this company and they've made it clear that it will not see a gingerbread update,so what any other optimus variant is or isn't getting isn't relevant to the optimus v as far as an over the air update from the carrier.
    Obfuscation.
    04-22-2012 02:01 AM
    *gives the troll a cookie*

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-22-2012 02:06 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD