04-22-2012 01:06 AM
39 12
tools
    does anyone know when the release date is yet? is there any way i can get it now?!
    03-28-2011 11:52 AM
    No release date that I know of.

You can root and install one of the gingerbread custom roms if you want to.
    03-28-2011 12:06 PM
    does rooting or putting a custom rom in it mess the phone up?
    03-28-2011 12:26 PM
    Most people upgrade to custom roms, because they are better than stock or provide additional features. It will not mes up your phone if dine correctly, but it is not a simple process. Do some reading in this forum.
    03-28-2011 01:04 PM
    I read on lg.com that the optimus line should get the ginger bread update in may.
    03-30-2011 12:11 PM
    I read on lg.com that the optimus line should get the ginger bread update in may.
    No you didn't.
    03-30-2011 07:31 PM
    No you didn't.
    youre right i seen it here: LG Optimus One to get Gingerbread in Spring | Android Community
    03-30-2011 10:23 PM
    03-30-2011 10:34 PM
    but it is not a simple process. Do some reading in this forum.
    Don't scare him. It's extremely easy. If you can follow 1 2 3 instructions like "plug in phone" - "push this button" - "reboot phone" you wont have any issues. It's a simple process, but can take awhile. Oh and it wont mess up your phone unless you can't read.
    smegal1215 likes this.
    03-31-2011 03:12 AM
    No you didn't.
    ...anything that ends in pedia has got to be TRUFACTS.

Even if LG says gingerbread will be rolled out for the optimus line in may. It doesnt mean VM will do it also. Just like gingerbread has been out a while yet its still not official on the Droid X/2.

Dont believe everything you read on the internet.
    03-31-2011 03:17 AM
    Doubtful the official release of Gingerbread will be as good as some of the ROMs already available. These ROMs have had months of beta stage development with instant feedback and subsequent revisions. Nightly builds are available for many with changes happening all the time. VM will have a product that is tested primarily in lab, and not with a hundred users providing instant feedback for improvements.

I'm loving aospCM7, I'm sure I'll try the gingerbread upgrade if/when VM offers it, but I'm betting I'll stick with this ROM.
    03-31-2011 04:37 AM
    do u have any problems with it?
    03-31-2011 10:49 AM
    Doubtful the official release of Gingerbread will be as good as some of the ROMs already available. These ROMs have had months of beta stage development with instant feedback and subsequent revisions. Nightly builds are available for many with changes happening all the time. VM will have a product that is tested primarily in lab, and not with a hundred users providing instant feedback for improvements.

I'm loving aospCM7, I'm sure I'll try the gingerbread upgrade if/when VM offers it, but I'm betting I'll stick with this ROM.
    you will need vm's upgrade to get sms working..if thats a feature you want (like me)..period...to me..those roms are worthless
    03-31-2011 10:53 AM
    do u have any problems with it?
    The only problem I have with CM7 is no MMS

you will need vm's upgrade to get sms working..if thats a feature you want (like me)..period...to me..those roms are worthless
    SMS works fine, MMS doesn't. I'll bet they get MMS working in the custom ROMs before VM releases Gingerbread, I'm from Vegas, I only bet on a sure thing!

I'm fine with receiving multi-media messages via email rather than MMS, but to each their own. The added functionality and performance that comes with aospCM7 is worth the slight hassle IMHO.
    03-31-2011 11:33 AM
    what about cyanogenmod 7? there is so many different roms i dunno which one is best, everyone keeps mentioning this one and the one u have. all i want is a gingerbread rom lol
    03-31-2011 11:37 AM
    The only problem I have with CM7 is no MMS

SMS works fine, MMS doesn't. I'll bet they get MMS working in the custom ROMs before VM releases Gingerbread, I'm from Vegas, I only bet on a sure thing!

I'm fine with receiving multi-media messages via email rather than MMS, but to each their own. The added functionality and performance that comes with aospCM7 is worth the slight hassle IMHO.
    sorry i ment mms how do you set that up>?
    03-31-2011 11:37 AM
    what about cyanogenmod 7? there is so many different roms i dunno which one is best, everyone keeps mentioning this one and the one u have. all i want is a gingerbread rom lol
    If you want gingerbread there is only two options right now.

Zefies CM7 port or aSOP's asopCM7 port.

The other builds are just 2.2 tweaked the way it should have been.

Jerry you mention getting mms messages in email, care to elaborate on this?
    I remember this mentioned a long time ago for another phone but dont remember the specifics.
    03-31-2011 02:55 PM
    Alright, let's take a look. *click*
    Okay, that post is citing a comment made by LG's Indian branch referring specifically to the Optimus One phone, not the entire Optimus One line of phones. It also says that the end of May ETA is subject to change and has not been confirmed.
    Let's check this one out. *click*
    Okay, that post cites softpedia, which cites the same source as your first link. I guess you didn't read through all 2 pages of that thread, or you would have seen my post in it. That thread title is deceptive. It claims a date is set on Gingerbread for the Optimus line, but the source provided does not support that claim.

I compiled all official statements I could find regarding the Optimus V getting Gingerbread, without putting words into LG's mouth that were never spoken. Feel free to give it a read if you're interested: http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...tml#post786147
    03-31-2011 05:10 PM
    Alright, let's take a look. *click*
    Okay, that post is citing a comment made by LG's Indian branch referring specifically to the Optimus One phone, not the entire Optimus One line of phones. It also says that the end of May ETA is subject to change and has not been confirmed.

Let's check this one out. *click*
    Okay, that post cites softpedia, which cites the same source as your first link. I guess you didn't read through all 2 pages of that thread, or you would have seen my post in it. That thread title is deceptive. It claims a date is set on Gingerbread for the Optimus line, but the source provided does not support that claim.

I compiled all official statements I could find regarding the Optimus V getting Gingerbread, without putting words into LG's mouth that were never spoken. Feel free to give it a read if you're interested: http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...tml#post786147
    WOW, sounds like they dunno what is going on, thanks for the correction.
    04-06-2011 07:34 AM
    If you want gingerbread there is only two options right now.

Zefies CM7 port or aSOP's asopCM7 port.

The other builds are just 2.2 tweaked the way it should have been.

Jerry you mention getting mms messages in email, care to elaborate on this?
    I remember this mentioned a long time ago for another phone but dont remember the specifics.
    I meant I have my friends send me pictures/media files via email rather than MMS for now.

The latest release of aospCM7 came with a note that MMS is almost fixed, so keep your fingers crossed!
    04-06-2011 01:28 PM
    I meant I have my friends send me pictures/media files via email rather than MMS for now.

The latest release of aospCM7 came with a note that MMS is almost fixed, so keep your fingers crossed!
    Also, if they send to an email in the "to" field of the mms program it will work as well

Sent from my LG Optimus V
    04-06-2011 01:46 PM
    Once mms is running I'll make cyan my main rom

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-10-2011 01:20 AM
    Will Virgin Mobile notify users when upgrade is available?
    05-25-2011 09:44 AM
    Will Virgin Mobile notify users when upgrade is available?
    Yeah, keep checking Virgin Mobile USA's Facebook page. There you can find the latest, worthless updates from VM as well as thousands of other complaints from customers like you.

Really, based on how the OTA's went out for the Samsung Intercept froyo update once VM puts out an official date add about 2-3 months to that.

If we ever get 2.3 I guess it would be around November or December.

The best reason would be custom ROMs based on 2.3 other than CM7.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk
    05-25-2011 10:21 AM
    I too was going to wait for the Official Gingerbread Update, however, i didn't want to risk losing the free wifi hotspot feature, and whatever else they might decide to throw on the phone (unwanted apps)...i'm very happy with aospCM rom
    05-25-2011 03:57 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD