MIUI Rom on Optimus V?

aznrunner1881

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Can we get it? Is it possible? The MIUI ROM has one of the nicest interfaces and is one of the fastest ROMS out there. I'm sure someone can port it to the Optimus V without major effort. If someone can do it, the community will be very pleased. Thanks!

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Due to kernel changes, the phones are growing further and further apart.

It used to be it took very little to port a rom, mostly button changes. That isn't the case anymore. Getting the latest kernel working (from an S) requires around dozen other files to make it work, and it's still not working right.

Once we get an updated kernel porting will become easier once again I think.

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
All the apks have been resized from hdpi to mdpi, but that is the farthest anyone has gotten. Without the source code for miui though, this will never happen on our phone.

endiawilliams

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to Android and to ROMS, so forgive my insolence lol... But I just rooted my Optimus V, and I was looking at this MIUI ROM and because it is such a big change and makes an Android look similar to the iOS platform, is this the kind of modification that you can just switch on and off like OpenHome or something, or be easily uninstalled? Or is it there forever? Because I like the look but I don't want to put it on my phone, decide I don't want it anymore and then find out I can't do anything about it. Thanks