04-25-2012 03:12 PM
133 ... 456
tools
    Some of the 2.2 roms have the activation tool in them, but not all (Bumblebee, Aphrodite, and Harmonia do, Reborn and Stock + Xionia do not).

2.3 roms do not, but as mentioned, nandroid backup, flash a 2.2 rom, activate, then restore your nandroid backup and you are fine, if you go that route.

Make a Nandroid backup before you start, PLEASE!
    This can/will save you a lot of headaches (and maybe your phone) later.

So long as you have a working recovery, you are fine playing with roms.
    So long as you have a working rom, you are fine playing with recoveries (using terminal emulator you can flash a recovery from inside the rom).

If you break one, don't mess with the other until you fix the one. I have seen several make this mistake. So if your rom fails, do not go flashing a recovery. Fix the rom, then flash a recovery and vice versa. Always keep one working and you will be able to easily fix problems.

And you WILL have a problem at some point because it will be addictive at first. Don't freak, and remember people here will help.

Go slow, read and ask questions, you will be fine.
    Thanks for the advice! I think I'll wait until I'm activated to mess around with this, though. Sorry for hijacking the thread...
    06-23-2011 08:03 PM
    here are the few kernels I've tried with my Optimus V

OS version is 2.3.4

Xiona 014 w/ AsopCMod7 VM670-20110601 (latest release with the MMS bug fixed)
    average performance. The USB bug is, of course, there. The Camera button does not work. not at all. I would go to the Camera app and it would run but i cannot take a picture.

Xiona 010: No USB bug. (as said above). EXTREMELY FAST WITH MY ASOP version. IT. BLEW. MY. MIND. but ended up reverting to asop's kernel due to the same problem with 014.
    07-21-2011 11:15 PM
    okay. new flash. new rom
    I am using the Ath3ros 2.3.4 rom which is just a version of the ROM zefie made. It is absolutely amazing. MMS works too so I am satisfied.

It came with xiona 014 but its still slow...

so I am using it with Xiona 013 (any kernel) WORKS PERFECTLY. AMAZING SPEED. no bugs. none. no bugs that i mentioned on my last post.
    07-22-2011 12:27 AM
    Will any overclock kernel work on the stock rom without switching the buttons? I don't want to flash a different ROM or use button remapper if possible.

Also will android use frequencies over 600mhz automatically without using SetCPU?
    08-01-2011 06:11 PM
    All of these have been ported with the correct button mapping.

Bumblebee is overclocked, CM7 has a built in overclock utility.
    The rest need a utility I believe.

Also,the only roms you should bother using these with is the CM7 roms at this point (which is also questionable), the other roms have a pretty good kernel already in them.
    08-01-2011 09:21 PM
    have the kernals been taken down? mediafire cant find
    04-20-2012 09:36 AM
    This is a bit of an older thread but links seem to be working. . If you are installing any of the new rom's you shouldn't need to change out the Kernel.
    Shawnsch likes this.
    04-20-2012 10:06 AM
    Ok thanks for the info
    04-25-2012 03:12 PM
133 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD