[Kernel] Xionia Kernel (v014 - v008, & v005) For Optimus V (4/13/2011)

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I just want to be sure that I know what I am getting myself into.

Side note, can I rename my backups to something like "Xionia-V005" or something so I know what it what?

EDIT
I took the plunge. I noticed the kernel wasn't as smooth but just overclocked it. Before now I left the governor at interactive but I recently read the battery optimization thread so I Min/Maxed it at 768. VERY SMOOTH. I think that it changing frequencies was the cause of the lag.

the main reason I took the plunge was the 005 charge bug got on my last nerve. My wife's stock V charges in alittle over 2 hours from drained. Mine? was 6 hours plus. 013 sped that up, I don't know how much but I will drain my phone and find out and post.

Last edited:

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Before now I left the governor at interactive but I recently read the battery optimization thread so I Min/Maxed it at 768. VERY SMOOTH. I think that it changing frequencies was the cause of the lag.

What you want to do is put SetCPU in "performance" mode. It may not be obvious, but what happens is that "performance" mode basically locks the CPU to the max speed. If you just set min and max to the same value and leave it on "interactive" or "ondemand", SetCPU will still be working to change frequencies. The CPU will set the new frequency to the same value, but it still registers it as a frequency change. In other words, "performance" locks the value in so that no frequency changes are attempted.

Make sense?

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
What you want to do is put SetCPU in "performance" mode. It may not be obvious, but what happens is that "performance" mode basically locks the CPU to the max speed. If you just set min and max to the same value and leave it on "interactive" or "ondemand", SetCPU will still be working to change frequencies. The CPU will set the new frequency to the same value, but it still registers it as a frequency change. In other words, "performance" locks the value in so that no frequency changes are attempted.

Make sense?

I would have used performance mode but strangely it was absent from the options.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Does it provide powersave? If the min and max values are the same, then powersave will accomplish the same effect as performance.

It doesn't have it, but I set it to "interactive". Then set the min sample rate to 500000000 us (500s). That should be good enough.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I have added two new kernel ports and updated the original 013 kernel. All of these should keep the original LG boot logo. If you have the Sprint Logo, these will switch it back. They, of course, will also change the kernel and tweak some stuff. Make a backup if you ever want to uninstall them!

harukay

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Running rodimusrom. Flashed 013 and rebooted to system but it didnt boot got stuck at the green android. Took off the battery and tried it again and this time it booted but i got a bunch of fc. Fixed it by wiping dalvik cache and flashing the kernel again. Everything works fine now

harukay

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
013 with bootimg broke my wifi. Gives me an error every time I try to turn it on. Flashed 013 without bootimg and wifi works now. :)

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
What exactly has changed in this version of 013 versus the previously posted one?

The previous version would create a boot.img while installing by using the ramdisk that your phone currently used. This could lead to problems if you started with an awkward rom. The new version uses a complete boot.img that works with our phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon