[Kernel] Xionia Kernel (v014 - v008, & v005) For Optimus V (4/13/2011)

scoutconnor

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Which versions are the home and menu buttons in their correct positions?
Edit: or how do I change them back manually?

Last edited:

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Sorry 013 anykernel switches keys on ASOP, 013 bootimg won't even boot

Well that is strange.... I have no idea how that happens but I'm guessing the fix is the same as the swapped keys on the S rom. You can edit the keyboard file located in this folder using a text editor:

/system/usr/keylayout/

I think the name of the file changes from rom to rom, but it should be a .kl file, and you are switching the key numbers for Home and Menu.

You can also download a button remapper app.

scoutconnor

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Which rom did you start with and which kernel did you flash?

stock rom. Kernel version .08
I would install another rom but I don't want to have to esso all of my apps and settings (I really wantCM7 but I need native tethering and access to bluetooth and the headset Jack)
Edit: xionia .08 kernel.

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi all! What is the purpose of this thread? Are you all just trouble shooting the Kernels? Im a bit stupid on this but what exactly is the kernel compaired to the Rom?

BlackBerryBoy8530

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
stock rom. Kernel version .08
i would install another rom but i don't want to have to esso all of my apps and settings (i really wantcm7 but i need native tethering and access to bluetooth and the headset jack)
edit: Xionia .08 kernel.
native tethering works in the newest version of aosp's cm7, haven't tested the bluetooth or headset yet

Prenominal

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
These are the only buttons I see in the handset file to edit buttons:

key 226 HEADSETHOOK WAKE
key 116 POWER WAKE
key 107 ENDCALL WAKE_DROPPED

There is nothing else... how can I swap the Home and Menu button? I've tried ButtonRemapper, but it just gives me this:
NBfZh.png

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
These are the only buttons I see in the handset file to edit buttons:

There is nothing else... how can I swap the Home and Menu button? I've tried ButtonRemapper, but it just gives me this:

I really don't understand why this happens to you guys but not me, but here are the relevant keys from my thunder_keypad.kl:

key 230 HOME WAKE_DROPPED
key 229 MENU WAKE_DROPPED
key 59 MENU WAKE_DROPPED
key 139 HOME WAKE_DROPPED
key 102 MENU WAKE_DROPPED

I'm not sure which two are the two that you need, but there is no harm in using them all.

Prenominal

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
It's weird, I edited my thunder_keypad with those and the buttons are still switched.

EDIT: Once I changed the thunder_keypad manually, ButtonRemapper was able to recognize the keys and I was able to change it from there. I'm using aospCMod 4032011 with Xiona Kernel 005.

Last edited:

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I restored my 005, the 013 was I believe the one with a boot image. I had 2 total freeze ups.
I will try a different one later.

Got home and checked my files. I had the other 013 Kernel.

Last edited:

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I posted another anykernel version (010) that should work also work with the aosp rom. I don't know if it will cause the keys to be switched.

drezliok, try using the bootimg version of 013. Also make sure to pick the governor "interactive" in SetCPU. 005 and 013 have different governor options. "interactive" is one that they both share.

sdxben

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
What kernel does the current aosp rom have? Is it outdated compared to these? What is the benefit of flashing 013 ontop of aosp's rom?

munkyvirus

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Running 013

USB works fine, confirmed activated and showing up on my computer. But it's pretty unstable and has trouble unlocking with the CPU downrevved with SetCPU. Everything lags for about 20 seconds until it revs back up to speed. Gonna try 010, will report back

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Now using 013 booting, runs smoother, doesn't have the lag from changing frequencies, feels better than the nonbootimg one.

Set up setcpu to 768 min and Max. Set up a profile for charging set to the stock settings. Works great with Rodimus.

munkyvirus

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan