[Kernel] Xionia Kernel (v014 - v008, & v005) For Optimus V (4/13/2011)

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Now using 013 booting, runs smoother, doesn't have the lag from changing frequencies, feels better than the nonbootimg one.

Set up setcpu to 768 min and Max. Set up a profile for charging set to the stock settings. Works great with Rodimus.
If you're going to set your min and max speeds to be the same, you're better off setting it to Performance mode and save yourself some CPU cycles from not having to do the scaling calculations.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
If you're going to set your min and max speeds to be the same, you're better off setting it to Performance mode and save yourself some CPU cycles from not having to do the scaling calculations.

This Kernel doesn't have a performance mode. It's not available in setcpu.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
This Kernel doesn't have a performance mode. It's not available in setcpu.

I think it is 11-13 that don't have the extra modes. The others should. Either way, set the min max clock speed to the same value then set the min sampling rate to a really big number for the same effect as picking the "performance" governor.

liquidmass

Dec 29, 2010
optimusv.wikispaces.com
So am I reading the OP correct, applying these kernels over a ROM made for the Optimus S will fix any incompatibilities it may have when used on a V? Has anyone tried any of the S ROMs and found any ones better than what's offered for the V at the moment?

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
So am I reading the OP correct, applying these kernels over a ROM made for the Optimus S will fix any incompatibilities it may have when used on a V? Has anyone tried any of the S ROMs and found any ones better than what's offered for the V at the moment?

Here, go nuts: http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...ecoveries-roms-kernels-themes.html#post634305

I can't test them all. Zefie's CM7 Updated worked fine for me using 010 anykernel. You may want to try ThundeROM. It looks promising. I would try the bootimg version on it first, either 8, 10 or 13. You'll need the keyboard switching zip posted in the first post.

It will fix the incompatibilities as far as drivers and hardware go. The roms themselves might have bugs.

Last edited:

Delphis

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I am using kernel version 10 (boot.img version) tried to install OpenVPN and got an error that the /system/lib/modules/tun.ko kernel module could not be executed/loaded. Has anyone else tried using OpenVPN with the Xionia kernel?

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Im using the v14 included with Zefies S rom of awesomeness.
Is there anything I would gain by loading one of these?

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Im using the v14 included with Zefies S rom of awesomeness.
Is there anything I would gain by loading one of these?

I wasn't aware of a v14. It is not listed in the change log. Does everything work? Wifi, accelerometer, USB mount/dismount, 3G, overclocking, charging normal/slow...etc?

These versions of the kernel try to fix what the S version breaks, usually one of the items I just listed.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
That did the trick. OpenVPN fired right up once some config issues were fixed.

What was it that you changed?

That was my bad. I put the wrong copy of tun.ko in that release. I linked the fixed copy in the main post. Thanks for reporting it!

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't aware of a v14. It is not listed in the change log. Does everything work? Wifi, accelerometer, USB mount/dismount, 3G, overclocking, charging normal/slow...etc?

These versions of the kernel try to fix what the S version breaks, usually one of the items I just listed.

Atleast that is what Im left to assume../shrug Im prolly wrong.
OKn3d.jpg

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Atleast that is what Im left to assume../shrug Im prolly wrong.

I checked the kernel and it is different from all the others. So I turned into a V compatible flash-able zip. I made an anykernel version for those that want to use it on CM7.

014 seems to have the same issue as all of the 011+ kernels in that it doesn't notify you that USB mass storage mode has been enabled. There is actually an awesome side effect to this. If you turn on usb mass storage, then go into settings -> Sdcard -> mount, you'll get you card mounted again, but you'll still be able to access your card via USB. It somehow shares the card between both.

Well, thanks for letting us know about the new kernel! If your accelerometer is broken with this S rom and your screen doesn't rotate, flash the anykernel I just uploaded and it should be fixed.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I checked the kernel and it is different from all the others. So I turned into a V compatible flash-able zip. I made an anykernel version for those that want to use it on CM7.

014 seems to have the same issue as all of the 011+ kernels in that it doesn't notify you that USB mass storage mode has been enabled. There is actually an awesome side effect to this. If you turn on usb mass storage, then go into settings -> Sdcard -> mount, you'll get you card mounted again, but you'll still be able to access your card via USB. It somehow shares the card between both.

Well, thanks for letting us know about the new kernel! If your accelerometer is broken with this S rom and your screen doesn't rotate, flash the anykernel I just uploaded and it should be fixed.

Everything works fine on CM7 usb notifications work like they are suppose to.
The issues your seeing might be from not being on 2.3?

ETA
Notice it says my build is from 03172011?
Im using the most recent Zefie SPA rom from the S forums lol.

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

I think I may have found where the USB bug is originating. I'm still investigating, so I may not be 100% correct, but there are several differences in the USB code between the official Sprint and Virgin sources. I believe that the bug may be from compiling kernels for the V using the Sprint version of the USB code. I'll keep looking into it and see if I can figure this out.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I think I may have found where the USB bug is originating. I'm still investigating, so I may not be 100% correct, but there are several differences in the USB code between the official Sprint and Virgin sources. I believe that the bug may be from compiling kernels for the V using the Sprint version of the USB code. I'll keep looking into it and see if I can figure this out.

Sweet! It will be nice having that work again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon