[Guide][TOOL] How to root fastboot style. Fastest easiest way around

Status
Not open for further replies.

dovlek

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Mine just stay on a blue screen, says invalid khz:0 and bl: i2c write error
Did i do something wrong or is it the firmware or something?
I try the gingerbreak 1.2 and it work flawless, this fastbootroot seems good just didn't work on mine, or maybe i did something wrong, but hey, mine is rooted now, lol.

Last edited:

dansho

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
when your in recovery, first make it wipe everything, then go to advanced and wipe dalvik, then in the main menu, for good measure, wipe everything again.

Question...if I want to use the "revert to stock" option (I've already rooted my phone and installed a custom recovery & ROM) do I FIRST:

1) boot into my custom recovery...then wipe everything
2) then format boot, system, data, and cache
3) then wipe Dalvik-Cache
4) and finally attach my phone to my computer WHILE I'm still in my custom recovery and then start fastboot and execute the "revert to stock option"? Or is there a different sequence of actions that I am missing?

Thanks in advance to all who help with this question/issue! :D

jaycup

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Guide][TOOL] How to root fastboot style. Fastest easiest way

stuck in the recovery mode.. wtf im i missing please help

NM i got it thanks..!!

Last edited:

shibbyy4145

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

ok this is what happened, i flashed a rom onto my pone, and i suppose it worked, since it continued the restore process.(i messed up my phone, by rooting then restoring android way), THEN, it was stuck om fastboot and now this is what it says

fastboot mode started
gpio_i2c:invalid khz:
bl: i2c write error
udc_start()
--reset--
--portchange--
--reset--
--portchange--
--suspend--
--reset--
--suspend--
--portchange--
--reset--
--suspend--
--portchange--

it says this when conected to laptop!

Any help would be gladly appreciated, message me or email me:shibbyy4145@gmail.com

heather2626

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Mine just stay on a blue screen, says invalid khz:0 and bl: i2c write error
Did i do something wrong or is it the firmware or something?
I try the gingerbreak 1.2 and it work flawless, this fastbootroot seems good just didn't work on mine, or maybe i did something wrong, but hey, mine is rooted now, lol.

I did gingerbreak as well and tried to "reboot into recovery" and got that same fastboot blue screen/ error... Did you ever get yours fixed? If so, please tell me what you did to fix it. Thanks

exBlackberry

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

I was stuck with a pretty useless "Touch the Android" screen that didn't recognize anything.

Your FastbootRoot app was very easy to use and got me into Amon Ra. I chose the "Flash zip from sdcard" loaded up "aospCMod-VM670-20110601" and tried to reboot, but I end up back in Recovery mode every time. Am I missing something?

I also tried w/ clearing caches and using the stock ROM.

Please help!

Best! :)

Last edited:

pistolpete1991

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

Thank you sooooo! much!!! i finally found something that works.. im still not able to load an ROM that works .. lol still stuck in recovery but at least its a different recovery.. gives me hope!

karatemunk3y

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site

dude i had CW recovery then my bro factory reset his phone got stuck in clockwork so i went on here and a forum said to flash Xionia so i did then it went to fastboot bluescreen...so i got linked here and now i've DL'ed the fastboot interface for my laptop and when i try to use it...it says :

what would you like to do today?
(1) Flash a recovery
(2) Flash the full package
(3) Revert to stock
(4) experimental install xp drivers
(9) Exit
Please Make Your Selection:1
error: device not found
< waiting for device >

then on my OV it says

fastboot: processing commands...

thanks for any and all help..i just feel lost...again thanks all

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site

the fastboot usb drivers didn't get installed into windows

karatemunk3y

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site

sorry where can i find those...i'm sorry to be too much trouble...i'm just trying to fix this because he's screwed if our mom finds out he did this...lol...thanks Asadullah

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site

SO your still stuck in fastboot or recovery mode? DO you still have your phone or did you throw it against the wall cuz I would since targets got them for only fifty bucks in an hour or so (PAY ME TARGET) no but if you really wanna do this the easy way do you have a laptop that has linux or you can put it on I know that your like asadullah that's kind of drastic. But I can only guarantee that it will work since it can't go wrong*. It'll take about the same amount of time in the end.

*=Unless theres an error between keyboard and chair (you)

karatemunk3y

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site

Mwahaha!!...no Asadullah i didnt smash it...YET...lmao...and there is no PEBKAC here...lol....or end user error...lol....unfortuantely i dont have a linux machine either...the other thing i found curious it that when i hook it up in the bottom right when its loading drivers for device....it says ASUS Android Bootloader Interface...which is a bit new as before it said LG something...(I forgot)...i can ask my cousin...he may have a live disk floating around but in the case that he doesnt what further steps should i proceed with?

(Maybe the ASUS thing may help or possibly you can point me in the direction of a Linux emulator...)

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site

does he have an asus transformer? It's probably recognizing it as that but anyways that means something try these two things 1) press the
Code:
windows flag key + r
and then type cmd
command prompt will open and in it type fastboot devices. If it gives you a device id then the fastboot drivers are workig. if not try..
2) Uninstall the lg drivers then reinstall them power off then power on the phone.

Should install the drivers.

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site

I've asked that the mods delete this thread since it's only good for the optimus v with an unlocked bootloader. I also don't have time to support this tool

Reactions: Eollie

Catumaros

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

I have an optimus v stuck in fastboot mode and no idea what to do to fix it. When I connect it the my laptop it doesn't appear to be linked. I've read the discussions here but am new to this stuff and lost on how to begin. I downloaded the link above (LGUnitedMobileDriv...msi) to my laptop, but don't know how to get it to the phone. The phone has clockworkMod Recovery. Can I put the file on an sd card and install it that way. If not can someone please walk me throught this process?

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site

I have an optimus v stuck in fastboot mode and no idea what to do to fix it. When I connect it the my laptop it doesn't appear to be linked. I've read the discussions here but am new to this stuff and lost on how to begin. I downloaded the link above (LGUnitedMobileDriv...msi) to my laptop, but don't know how to get it to the phone. The phone has clockworkMod Recovery. Can I put the file on an sd card and install it that way. If not can someone please walk me throught this process?

Pull your battery then put it back in. hold down the volume down key plus home then press the power. Hold all of those down and see of you get to recovery. If you do then put a rom on your sdcard wrote all data system boot and cache. Then flash the zip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol