when i open rom manager i try to update current rom (cm7-03012011) but i cant because i dont have clockworkmod recover. How do i go about flashing clockworkmod recover into my phone so that it shows up in rom manager?(my phone is not listed in the list of phone models) Also when i open file manager there is a file named clockworkmod in my sd card, yet i have no clockworkmod in rom manager. help would much appreciated

thank you.
    04-17-2011 03:59 AM
    when i open rom manager i try to update current rom (cm7-03012011) but i cant because i dont have clockworkmod recover. How do i go about flashing clockworkmod recover into my phone so that it shows up in rom manager?(my phone is not listed in the list of phone models) Also when i open file manager there is a file named clockworkmod in my sd card, yet i have no clockworkmod in rom manager. help would much appreciated

thank you.
    some other recoveries that are based on CWM put that folder there -- i'm using CWMA and i have that folder too.

to flash clockworkmod, grab the latest image that's compatible with the Optimus V.

then, go to the market and get android terminal emulator, if you don't already have it.
    https://market.android.com/details?i...al.androidterm

place the recovery image in the root folder of your sd card. then start up terminal on your phone.

type su to get root access, then type the following:

flash_image recovery /sdcard/[name of image].img

when it's finished, exit terminal and reboot your device. you're done!
    noob47 likes this.
    04-17-2011 04:09 AM
    where can i get the latest image? and thank you very much before hand
    04-17-2011 04:11 AM
    recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.6-ov-20110220.img
    ?
    that would be correct! i'd rename it to something easier to type out in terminal though, like recovery.img

you're very welcome!! glad i could help
    04-17-2011 04:15 AM
    oh, just a tip, when you first run terminal, the font is ridiculously small, but you can increase its size in settings to make things easier to read.
    whyaphoenix likes this.
    04-17-2011 04:16 AM
    awesome your the best
    04-17-2011 04:17 AM
    awesome your the best
    thanks!! let me know if you encounter any problems.
    04-17-2011 04:19 AM
    the clockworkmod still isnt in rom manager and i did everything exactly as you said. any ideas?

EDIT: at the end of the cmd promts i needed to type in "reboot recovery"
    04-17-2011 04:29 AM
    yes, sorry, i forgot that step.

hmm.. i'm not sure why it wouldn't be showing up still, unless ROM manager just doesn't natively support our phone... i think that both clockworkmod recovery and cm7 were ported to our phones... sorry i can't be more helpful, i haven't personally used ROM manager.
    04-17-2011 04:43 AM
    its ok at least i know how to get into both recovery modes now. THANKS!
    04-17-2011 04:46 AM
    its ok at least i know how to get into both recovery modes now. THANKS!
    you're very welcome! again, glad i could help!
    04-17-2011 05:11 AM
    yes, sorry, i forgot that step.

hmm.. i'm not sure why it wouldn't be showing up still, unless ROM manager just doesn't natively support our phone... i think that both clockworkmod recovery and cm7 were ported to our phones... sorry i can't be more helpful, i haven't personally used ROM manager.
    Bolded part gets you a silver sticker .

NO our phone is not supported by Clockwork mod or Cyanogen Mod. Both are unofficial ports by the dev community. Im sure both would be happy to list us as a officially supported phone is pushed and requested. However its not necessary.

TO the OP if your not able to flash to the most current release you have on your phone there is something not properly setup. But if your trying to download a rom from rom manager and install using clockwork STOP DONT TURN AROUND AND EXIT.

NONE I REPEAT NONE of the roms available from rom manager are for our phone. The only place you should be getting roms for the optimus v is from here or xda. You are just going to end up with a 200 dollar paperweight and a not so good one as its not that heavy.
    cpshelley2 likes this.
    04-17-2011 06:19 PM
    Gotcha eollie that's what I figured. And you confirmed it. Thanks
    04-17-2011 07:26 PM
    thanks for the info, Eollie -- i tried using ROM manager and had the same issues, i figured it was because it was not for our phone. glad to have confirmation!!
    04-17-2011 09:24 PM
    I have no idea whats wrong. im rooted. I dled the image... yes i named it ****. put it in my root folder. typed everything in the emulator. got superuser permission but it say the the image is not there?? i have tried this numerous time making sure everythings spelled right. ive restarted and the phone is unplugged.
    ive attached pics so you can see the image is where it needs to be and im doing everything described.
    please help
    06-03-2011 05:59 PM
    What rom are you on?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    06-03-2011 06:40 PM
    I have no idea whats wrong. im rooted. I dled the image... yes i named it ****. put it in my root folder. typed everything in the emulator. got superuser permission but it say the the image is not there?? i have tried this numerous time making sure everythings spelled right. ive restarted and the phone is unplugged.
    ive attached pics so you can see the image is where it needs to be and im doing everything described.
    please help
    Try downloading this recovery''"VM670NH recovery. Img."'''' You can rename it ****.Img if you want to , put it in the root of your SD card, them try emulator again
    hope this help!!!!
    01-04-2012 10:08 PM
    7 months to late on your advice though.
    01-05-2012 08:25 AM
    7 months to late on your advice though.
    yea I keep on for getting to check the dates
    01-05-2012 11:40 AM
    It happens to the best of use sometimes.
    01-05-2012 04:26 PM
    Clockworkmod would work great for u if u had an older optimusv. i have used it on two of my OVs. its recovery worked great on both. Now that is only for older optimusv. If u have an newer one it might cause "blackscreen" because newer OVs r put together with optimusS screens which run on a different driver, which isnt support ( this is what i heared ). The reason why it says image not found when u used the emulator is that the stock rom 2.2.1 does not "know" how to flash a recovery image ( this is what i heared too ). I had the same problem when i was workin on my second OV. i ended up taking my chance with clockworkmod recovery and it worked for me.
    01-06-2012 09:37 AM
    does this work on all optimus v versions
    08-08-2013 10:21 PM
    Bobzhome vm670nh recovery works fine with rom manager on both screen versions unofficially. Official support for the overall was dropped due to the official cwm 4.2.0.1(i think) did not support the new Hitachi screens. Many thought they were bricked. Lots of headache helping newbs recover from that.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    08-10-2013 09:50 AM
    Actually: The ZenGarden recovery works just fine with ROM Manager and QtADB. Just set the recovery to 5.X.X.X in Recovery Setup option in ROM Manager.
    I have no problems making new backups (already named) of my current ROM. No problems with restore as well.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    08-12-2013 02:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD