clockworkmod on optimus v

sk8dayfuknight

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
when i open rom manager i try to update current rom (cm7-03012011) but i cant because i dont have clockworkmod recover. How do i go about flashing clockworkmod recover into my phone so that it shows up in rom manager?(my phone is not listed in the list of phone models) Also when i open file manager there is a file named clockworkmod in my sd card, yet i have no clockworkmod in rom manager. help would much appreciated

thank you.

cpshelley2

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
when i open rom manager i try to update current rom (cm7-03012011) but i cant because i dont have clockworkmod recover. How do i go about flashing clockworkmod recover into my phone so that it shows up in rom manager?(my phone is not listed in the list of phone models) Also when i open file manager there is a file named clockworkmod in my sd card, yet i have no clockworkmod in rom manager. help would much appreciated

thank you.

some other recoveries that are based on CWM put that folder there -- i'm using CWMA and i have that folder too.

to flash clockworkmod, grab the latest image that's compatible with the Optimus V.

then, go to the market and get android terminal emulator, if you don't already have it.
https://market.android.com/details?id=jackpal.androidterm

place the recovery image in the root folder of your sd card. then start up terminal on your phone.

type su to get root access, then type the following:

flash_image recovery /sdcard/[name of image].img

when it's finished, exit terminal and reboot your device. you're done! :)

Reactions: noob47

sk8dayfuknight

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
the clockworkmod still isnt in rom manager and i did everything exactly as you said. any ideas?

EDIT: at the end of the cmd promts i needed to type in "reboot recovery"

Last edited:

cpshelley2

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
yes, sorry, i forgot that step.

hmm.. i'm not sure why it wouldn't be showing up still, unless ROM manager just doesn't natively support our phone... i think that both clockworkmod recovery and cm7 were ported to our phones... sorry i can't be more helpful, i haven't personally used ROM manager.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
yes, sorry, i forgot that step.

hmm.. i'm not sure why it wouldn't be showing up still, unless ROM manager just doesn't natively support our phone... i think that both clockworkmod recovery and cm7 were ported to our phones... sorry i can't be more helpful, i haven't personally used ROM manager.
Bolded part gets you a silver sticker :D.

NO our phone is not supported by Clockwork mod or Cyanogen Mod. Both are unofficial ports by the dev community. Im sure both would be happy to list us as a officially supported phone is pushed and requested. However its not necessary.

TO the OP if your not able to flash to the most current release you have on your phone there is something not properly setup. But if your trying to download a rom from rom manager and install using clockwork STOP DONT TURN AROUND AND EXIT.

NONE I REPEAT NONE of the roms available from rom manager are for our phone. The only place you should be getting roms for the optimus v is from here or xda. You are just going to end up with a 200 dollar paperweight and a not so good one as its not that heavy.

Last edited:
Reactions: cpshelley2

cpshelley2

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the info, Eollie -- i tried using ROM manager and had the same issues, i figured it was because it was not for our phone. glad to have confirmation!!

gjnelson

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
help please

I have no idea whats wrong. im rooted. I dled the image... yes i named it poop. put it in my root folder. typed everything in the emulator. got superuser permission but it say the the image is not there?? i have tried this numerous time making sure everythings spelled right. ive restarted and the phone is unplugged.
ive attached pics so you can see the image is where it needs to be and im doing everything described.
please help

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea whats wrong. im rooted. I dled the image... yes i named it poop. put it in my root folder. typed everything in the emulator. got superuser permission but it say the the image is not there?? i have tried this numerous time making sure everythings spelled right. ive restarted and the phone is unplugged.
ive attached pics so you can see the image is where it needs to be and im doing everything described.
please help

Try downloading this recovery''"VM670NH recovery. Img."'''' You can rename it poop.Img if you want to;) , put it in the root of your SD card, them try emulator again
hope this help!!!!:) :D