How can I replace launcher2.apk with Launcher Pro and make it not uninstallable?

antgly

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure how to make the default Launcher be replaced with Launcher Pro and not start up with Launcher Pro and take up memory. I would like it also to stay past a Factory Reset and make it not uninstallable. Any ideas on how to do that?

Godbilla

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Every time I redo my phone when new updates happen this is what I do..

I load up Titanium Backup, I usually have my Launcher Pro on a backup, so I restore it. Then when it restores I hit my home button and it asks what launcher you want to use by default, I'll hit Launcher Pro. Then open back up Titanium backup and uninstall the default launcher. Launcher Pro works perfect for me without having the default installed. I'm running aospCMod 2.3.3 4/15. (Do make a backup of the default launcher just incase though. I haven't had any problems not having the default launcher, but you never know).

So I guess if you already have Launcher Pro installed....
just load up Titanium backup hit your home button set Launcher Pro as the default
then open Titanium backup and uninstall the default launcher, should work the same way.

inmenzo27

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
first of all back up your phone first.... use 7-zip and open .apk and delete everything on default launcher then open the launcher pro .apk copy all the files and paste save and your set...!!! P this is also another way

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax