[The Holy Grail of Debranding] No Boot Animations

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The title of this thread might be a little grandiose considering the mod. This will remove ALL of the boot animations. Add the following to your build.prop or default.prop:

Code:
debug.sf.nobootanimation=1

That it's it! To reverse, remove that line.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions: JerryScript

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Not to rain on the parade... but...
The first animation, the kernel logo, you might see a small boot speed decrease with it. On most kernels this is only a few frames and then it stops. This is built into the kernel and is rrather difficult to mess with.

The Android logo however, because of how it's made, is not going to make any noticeable difference. Messing with it is easy, but it seems the system is very fickle with the files. Mess with it too much and the system will not want to boot.

The boot animation, the one everyone likes to change, now that can make a difference, but that is easy to remove or change and will not effect anything. If you don't want this, it's best to remove it as it can be anything from 2 megs up to 10.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
So you just get a blank screen until Android boots?

Well, you do see the little grey LG logo at the very beginning, but after that, it will be dark until your phone boots. It disables both the kernel boot animation and the rom boot animation. It is purely a cosmetic change. If you want to have your animations back, remove the setting.

I'm one of those guys that likes to strip the intel stickers off their new computer.

Last edited:
Reactions: denshigomi

Liquidplacidity

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, you do see the little grey LG logo at the very beginning, but after that, it will be dark until your phone boots. It disables both the kernel boot animation and the rom boot animation. It is purely a cosmetic change. If you want to have your animations back, remove the setting.

I'm one of those guys that likes to strip the intel stickers off their new computer.

Haha i'm the same way. I like to take out as much as I can. So about init.d support, you say you need it. Are there any ROMS that have it by default that we know of?

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Haha i'm the same way. I like to take out as much as I can. So about init.d support, you say you need it. Are there any ROMS that have it by default that we know of?

That's the thing. I always thought most of them had it enabled. All of the app2ext mods use an init.d script, and they have always worked form me. If init.d support can only be enabled by the kernel, then the Xionia Kernel 010 has it enabled.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

And miss my cute little animations?! You... You... Ooooooh! Hmphhhh. :p

What self respecting geek would leave those stickers on.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
And miss my cute little animations?! You... You... Ooooooh! Hmphhhh. :p

What self respecting geek would leave those stickers on.

I saw your boot animation. I really liked it. Now we know why it took so long to put out that rom. :) Unfortunately, you and picasticks have gotten so popular, it safe to consider you a major brand of these forums. As such, I'm obligated to debrand your rom. I will either run this mod, or replace the boot animation with a much less popular brand, possibly a picture of Mel Gibson. I may give you props publicly among coworkers, but privately among friends, I will discuss how you have grown too large and hold a monopoly on the rom market..... Boy, I really need to get some sleep!

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I saw your boot animation. I really liked it. Now we know why it took so long to put out that rom. :) Unfortunately, you and picasticks have gotten so popular, it safe to consider you a major brand of these forums. As such, I'm obligated to debrand your rom. I will either run this mod, or replace the boot animation with a much less popular brand, possibly a picture of Mel Gibson. I may give you props publicly among coworkers, but privately among friends, I will discuss how you have grown too large and hold a monopoly on the rom market..... Boy, I really need to get some sleep!

HAHAHA, yes, you do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12