10-31-2015 02:11 PM
1,892 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    You are all welcome.

Easyguy, 100% all day is impossible, the phones hardware alone needs between 1and2% per hour just to keep the phone in standby. The battery life is good, and I wish it could do that, but alas, it can't.
    05-08-2011 10:58 PM
    Hi leslieann, I notice in this ROM, I can't send file via bluetooth. I can receive just fine. Can anybody else confirm on this?
    In any case, thanks for your wonderful work on this ROM.
    I tried a different rom and the bluetooth works for sending and receiving.
    Leslieann would be able to fix this issue please.
    05-09-2011 11:56 AM
    Everything bluetooth works fine for me but my Wiimote on this ROM but stock doesnt include HID on Froyo either.
    05-09-2011 12:04 PM
    Too good to be true on the battery level right? Well it is still better than stock.
    05-09-2011 12:56 PM
    What "different" rom did you use on it?
    05-09-2011 12:57 PM
    What "different" rom did you use on it?
    I used aosp rom, which is gingerbread. I will try with other 2.2 sometime today and report back.
    05-09-2011 02:34 PM
    I used aosp rom, which is gingerbread. I will try with other 2.2 sometime today and report back.
    That was not an expected answer, most people are saying they are having major issues with bluetooth on AOSP rom.....
    05-09-2011 02:38 PM
    That was not an expected answer, most people are saying they are having major issues with bluetooth on AOSP rom.....
    I am just trying to send a (picture) to another android phone and I can't do it in this ROM and I was able to do it on aosp rom.
    05-09-2011 03:56 PM
    I am just trying to send a (picture) to another android phone and I can't do it in this ROM and I was able to do it on aosp rom.
    Are both phones rooted? Are they running the same rom? different roms? So many variables.
    05-09-2011 04:38 PM
    I was using the latest Aphrodite rom and when I was mowing my yard had Pandora playing over Wifi and I would lose the connection to Wifi and had to restart Pandora and vice versa.
    I have a big yard but I flashed the latest AOSP rom and when I lost Wifi it transitioned from Wifi to 3g without missing a beat, I am not complaining just making an observation.
    05-09-2011 04:42 PM
    We do understand that AospRom is 2.3 and this ROM is 2.2? So wondering why one does something and other doesn't is kinda easy to figure out that it just might be an added feature and that this ROM doesn't even want to add those features or was the point of this ROM lost on a few of us?
    05-09-2011 05:16 PM
    Hi leslieann, I notice in this ROM, I can't send file via bluetooth. I can receive just fine. Can anybody else confirm on this?
    In any case, thanks for your wonderful work on this ROM.
    This sounds like one of two things.
    Either bad flash, or a limitation of the phone.

AOSP is a rather tweaked system (as well as 2.3), which also happens to run a newer version of bluetooth. I would try another 2.2 rom before saying it's a problem with Harmonia because all things currently point to the bluetooth being as good as a stock phone (which it should be).

Odds are, we are using bluetooth 2.0 or 2.1, just a guess, but AOSP is probably on 3.0. That may be a 3.0 feature you were using.

I was using the latest Aphrodite rom and when I was mowing my yard had Pandora playing over Wifi and I would lose the connection to Wifi and had to restart Pandora and vice versa.
    I have a big yard but I flashed the latest AOSP rom and when I lost Wifi it transitioned from Wifi to 3g without missing a beat, I am not complaining just making an observation.
    The way the phone changes between wireless system changes depending on any software you have and how you have the phone setup. You can force it to stay on wifi or 3g with a tick of a box.

I can assure you, it does seamlessly transition, my mine does it daily as do other peoples (I even checked just now with Pandora). So it's either a setting, an app, or a bad flash.
    05-09-2011 05:20 PM
    Don't have my Optimus V anymore but i enjoy reading the forums for new Roms and apps. Thanks for the Launcher Pro theme. Love it.
    05-09-2011 06:03 PM
    This sounds like one of two things.
    Either bad flash, or a limitation of the phone.

AOSP is a rather tweaked system (as well as 2.3), which also happens to run a newer version of bluetooth. I would try another 2.2 rom before saying it's a problem with Harmonia because all things currently point to the bluetooth being as good as a stock phone (which it should be).

Odds are, we are using bluetooth 2.0 or 2.1, just a guess, but AOSP is probably on 3.0. That may be a 3.0 feature you were using..
    I tried Rodimus and the stock rom, they both are able to send file using bluetooth. I revert back to this ROM and I could do that.

Just to be clear, by sending via bluetooth I mean like, going to gallery, select a picture (small size) and select share and bluetooth. I tried to wipe everything and reflash and I still got the same problem.
    Help please.
    05-09-2011 06:47 PM
    Ok I tried with Aphrodite 2.0.1 and it works, could it be the kernel then?
    05-09-2011 07:32 PM
    Ok I tried with Aphrodite 2.0.1 and it works, could it be the kernel then?
    Ahhh...
    There are three sets of bluetooth drivers, not 2.

The stock ones, which are here, the Xionia/Optimus S, and the AospCm ones.
    Aphrodite, Rodimus and bumblebee are using the Xionia driver.

Harmonia went back to stock which fixed the stereo problem, but must have taken out the bluetooth transfer. Which means you can only have one or the other. If you have an Nandroid of the original rom give that a try and see if that works, if so, then it means I mush have missed a file someplace, which might fix it. Unfortunately, I have no way to test this.

If it doesn't work, then like I said before, it comes down to having one or the other.
    It wouldn't surprise me if stock doesn't work, seeing as how so far it seems every bluetooth has some issues. Even bluetooth on my mice and desktops have issues now and then. Bluetooth is a crap technology.
    05-09-2011 10:57 PM
    This is strange yesterday I was bragging about my long battery. Today I switched over to bumble rom to see the 50% fix......but the battery ended up draining so quickly that I had to do an emergency car charge while driving home. This was with minimal usage. I thought the 50% fix would fix the 3G drop off and it didn't...So back to Harmonia
    05-09-2011 11:00 PM
    This is strange yesterday I was bragging about my long battery. Today I switched over to bumble rom to see the 50% fix......but the battery ended up draining so quickly that I had to do an emergency car charge while driving home. This was with minimal usage. I thought the 50% fix would fix the 3G drop off and it didn't...So back to Harmonia
    I will probably be implementing that and the power button mod from Bumblebee soon enough.

I just need to find the time and code.
    05-09-2011 11:03 PM
    If it doesn't work, then like I said before, it comes down to having one or the other.
    It wouldn't surprise me if stock doesn't work, seeing as how so far it seems every bluetooth has some issues. Even bluetooth on my mice and desktops have issues now and then. Bluetooth is a crap technology.
    Yes it is, wish I can stream music to my car audio via wifi.....

Bluetooth have been giving me so much problems. Unfortunately, it looks like it is going to stay for a while. I did test out his problem and I was having problem sending out files to my blackberry bold. Is there a way you can put back the original bluetooth driver(s) from the stock VM rom LeslieAnn? That might fix everyone issues.
    05-09-2011 11:05 PM
    I will probably be implementing that and the power button mod from Bumblebee soon enough.

I just need to find the time and code.
    No rush LeslieAnn, you've been more than perfect with your support.
    05-09-2011 11:06 PM
    Yes it is, wish I can stream music to my car audio via wifi.....

Bluetooth have been giving me so much problems. Unfortunately, it looks like it is going to stay for a while. I did test out his problem and I was having problem sending out files to my blackberry bold. Is there a way you can put back the original bluetooth driver(s) from the stock VM rom LeslieAnn? That might fix everyone issues.
    These are the stock VM drivers, that was how I fixed the stereo issue.
    Aphrodite and earlier Harmonia was using Xionia/OS drivers.

If the original stock virgin phone worked with both the stereo and for file transfer, then I possibly missed something, if it doesn't then there is no way for me to fix it and it becomes one option or the other.
    05-10-2011 12:08 AM
    These are the stock VM drivers, that was how I fixed the stereo issue.
    Aphrodite and earlier Harmonia was using Xionia/OS drivers.

If the original stock virgin phone worked with both the stereo and for file transfer, then I possibly missed something, if it doesn't then there is no way for me to fix it and it becomes one option or the other.
    OK After some testing and trial and errors, I dont not think it is the problem with the rom or the drivers. More of an issue with the android software/driver itself. A lot of other people are having the same issue. I loaded three different roms, this, bumble and stock VM rom and they all had the same problem of not being able to transfer bigger files (mp3 etc...) to a computer. What people are suggesting is to use an app called "bluetooth file transfer" and that worked!. Also make sure the windows driver is correct for your brand of bluetooth adapter on your computer or else it would not know hot to handle the files coming in.

So LeslieAnn, dont waste your time with this as it is a very common issue amongst android users. Maybe google fixed it in AOSP android version 2.3.3.

What I also found out is that transfer between two different phones can be a headache. They just dont play nice with each other.

Remember Bluetooth is not even close to being perfect.
    05-10-2011 01:47 AM
    So LeslieAnn, dont waste your time with this as it is a very common issue amongst android users. Maybe google fixed it in AOSP android version 2.3.3.

What I also found out is that transfer between two different phones can be a headache. They just dont play nice with each other.

Remember Bluetooth is not even close to being perfect.
    Exactly why I wanted more feedback before I did anything, I suspected this may be the case.
    I wasn't trying to blow anyone off, it just seemed that until now, it seemed bluetooth was working better than ever, and not only is there only so much I can do. I also have to know if it's just one phone, one rom, or a specific Android version that is the issue.

I could be wrong, but from what I understand, Google doesn't do much with AOSP. Comparing Google Android and AOSP Android are sort of like comparing Ubuntu with Suse. They are similar in many ways and even start and end in the same place, but interchanging bits and parts isn't going to end well. Also keep in mind, AOSP has had to wrote some of the drivers being used because they are normally closed source drivers and AOSP is all about being open.
    05-10-2011 07:02 AM
    Exactly why I wanted more feedback before I did anything, I suspected this may be the case.
    I wasn't trying to blow anyone off, it just seemed that until now, it seemed bluetooth was working better than ever, and not only is there only so much I can do. I also have to know if it's just one phone, one rom, or a specific Android version that is the issue.

I could be wrong, but from what I understand, Google doesn't do much with AOSP. Comparing Google Android and AOSP Android are sort of like comparing Ubuntu with Suse. They are similar in many ways and even start and end in the same place, but interchanging bits and parts isn't going to end well. Also keep in mind, AOSP has had to wrote some of the drivers being used because they are normally closed source drivers and AOSP is all about being open.
    I think the problem is with the rom not a specific phone as easyguy was confirming that other roms works but just not able to send large file. I do know there are file size and type limitation on bluetooth transfer (not sure what limits it), this limitation is there in stock and aosp rom as well.

Last time I tried harmonia with xionia kernel and the bluetooth transfer didn't work neither. If you need help on testing this please let me know. I am not sure what else to try.
    05-10-2011 08:14 AM
    I think the problem is with the rom not a specific phone as easyguy was confirming that other roms works but just not able to send large file. I do know there are file size and type limitation on bluetooth transfer (not sure what limits it), this limitation is there in stock and aosp rom as well.

Last time I tried harmonia with xionia kernel and the bluetooth transfer didn't work neither. If you need help on testing this please let me know. I am not sure what else to try.
    Bubu, Have you tried using Bluetooth File Transfer app? The problem is not a limitation of file size, but the intention of Google when they made those drivers was for small photo sharing and contacts syncing. etc...

Bluetooth File Transfer is using FTP and OPP to transfer/receive the files so in a way it is bypassing the limitation?

Testing these things are time consuming, I was up late last night. I have more appreciation for these roms developers now. Finding bugs and correcting them should take even more time.
    05-10-2011 12:13 PM
1,892 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD